Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-30-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
paulkbiba
Connoisseur
paulkbiba began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e61i, iPhone
Silk Pagoga - Ebook Site

I thought I should bring this to people's attention. I'd never heard of it before, but if you are interested in translations of oriental texts this is a very interesting site indeed. The have Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese selections, and a number if free ebooks that I've downloaded (The Dragon and the Giant, The Journey to the West and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms). Their prices for books are really reasonable.

They also have the Blackmask DVD of 10,000 books in Microsoft Reader and Mobipocket formats.
paulkbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks Paul.

This must be the one you are talking about...
http://www.silkpagoda.com/catalog/in...p?cPath=83&osC
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2006, 10:51 PM   #3
paulkbiba
Connoisseur
paulkbiba began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e61i, iPhone
Right. Sorry I forgot the link! I hate it when people don't post links!
paulkbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:12 PM   #4
Phebe
Connoisseur
Phebe doesn't litterPhebe doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 500 and Kindle 2 and iPad and iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkbiba
They also have the Blackmask DVD of 10,000 books in Microsoft Reader and Mobipocket formats.
They come in Sony Reader pdf format also. That's what I have, and that's what the disk is labeled. They are pdfs with good-size text, very acceptable.

I have the disk and am quite impressed ---- full sets of MOST of the classics. And a LOT of other stuff.

You know how in the old days there just WEREN'T many books? The '50s, for instance. Well, this disk has most that were available then and more, the old titles that were languishing on the church library shelves, all five shelves. Gives me a sort of wistful feeling.

The guy who writes the blurb on each (of 10,000!!) offerings plainly loves books and has also read most of these......he refers to them briefly by their salient feature or quote and assumes you will know them, too. I'm pleased.
Phebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #5
tshare
tshare began at the beginning.

Device: HP iPaq 4700
Can you describe the nature of the pdf's included on the Silk Pagoda CD? In particular, are the title and author metadata included and an active table of contents for the larger books?
tshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert