Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-03-2019, 11:33 AM   #1
tippetex
tippetex began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Unhappy Dead Kobo after failed update. Recovery mode?

Hi everyone! I’m writing for a friend which has a dead 5 years old Kobo Glo. As I understood the Kobo was fine, he just plugged it to the pc and the Kobo started updating. He ignored pc’s alerts for low battery and eventually ended with the pc shutting while the Kobo was mid updating. He said the Kobo’s dead. He even tried to press the reset button (lol) but nothing helps. It’s not even recognised be the pc. He though it’s wasted and ready for the trash can, but I think there should a recovery mode as on every device. Since I’m not familiar with Kobo environment I thought to seek help from more expert people. Is there anything like a recovery mode for a dead device and programs for debug?
Thank you in advance!
tippetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:11 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Your friend might want to try a manual factory reset.
  1. Connect the Glo to a charger for several hours
  2. Slide and hold the power button to the right for 20-30 seconds (basically forces it off).
  3. Press and hold the light button
  4. Slide the power button to the right to turn on your Glo (may take a couple of tries).
  5. Continue to hold the light button until the LED starts rapidly flashing
  6. Release the light button. You should see a Restoring message on screen.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2019, 07:39 AM   #3
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
Ha, i always think who would ever do such things as updating with low battery.....
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead, firmware, help needed, kobo, update