Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-06-2019, 01:46 PM   #856
flyboy320
Groupie
flyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo wifi E-Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_House View Post
I powered on my KOBO N647 for the first time in a few years and it had all my books. I let it charge overnight and now my books are gone and it will not connect to the WiFi or show up using the Desktop app. Will re-imaging fix it? If so how can I get a copy of the image? I know this is an old thread but I thought it might be worth a try. Thanks
PM sent...
flyboy320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:00 PM   #857
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
And me to. Should have checked the end of the thread.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:55 PM   #858
Leo145
Leo145 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Can Someone help me? My Kobo does not pass the 5 stripes

THANKS!
Leo145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:10 PM   #859
flyboy320
Groupie
flyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo145 View Post
Can Someone help me? My Kobo does not pass the 5 stripes

THANKS!
PM sent.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #860
TK_House
TK_House began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO N647
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy320 View Post
PM sent...
THANKS!!!
TK_House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:29 PM   #861
ridian
ridian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless - N647
Hi there,

Could someone please help me? I just got my N647 from a family friend and it does not connect to wifi. Im on software version 1.9.10. is there a better version?

Thank you=)
ridian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:42 PM   #862
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridian View Post
Could someone please help me? I just got my N647 from a family friend and it does not connect to wifi. Im on software version 1.9.10. is there a better version?
If the device is working other than WiFi, then the image isn't going to be of help. This is probably related by Kobo dropping support for the Kobo WiFi earlier in the year. The firmware in the WiFi uses older security protocols which are now considered to be insecure and most servers won't support them.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:18 AM   #863
ridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the device is working other than WiFi, then the image isn't going to be of help. This is probably related by Kobo dropping support for the Kobo WiFi earlier in the year. The firmware in the WiFi uses older security protocols which are now considered to be insecure and most servers won't support them.
Thank you for your quick reply!
Is there anything I can do to trick it to "update"?
The kobo desktop app crashes every time i try to setup my reader =/
Old 04-23-2019, 07:37 AM   #864
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you for your quick reply!
Is there anything I can do to trick it to "update"?
The kobo desktop app crashes every time i try to setup my reader =/
Someone might have a link to download the later firmware and manually install it. There was 1.9.11, but I don't remember if there was another after that.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:05 AM   #865
ridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Someone might have a link to download the later firmware and manually install it. There was 1.9.11, but I don't remember if there was another after that.
Thanks for your advice davidfor!
Can some kind soul help me? Now my kobo is frozen in place. The buttons don't work and the screen is stuck on the same page. This is after a night of charging.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:23 AM   #866
flyboy320
Groupie

Quote:
Thanks for your advice davidfor!
Can some kind soul help me? Now my kobo is frozen in place. The buttons don't work and the screen is stuck on the same page. This is after a night of charging.
I don't know if loading an older firmware version would help, but have sent a PM with the image if it helps.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:06 AM   #867
CallumK
CallumK began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647b
Hi please can I have a copy of the kobo N647B factory disk image please
CallumK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:13 AM   #868
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:19 AM   #869
CallumK
CallumK began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647b
Thank you davidfor much appreciated any instructions how to install or should I just google it
CallumK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:29 AM   #870
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallumK View Post
Thank you davidfor much appreciated any instructions how to install or should I just google it
Have a look at Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. That is for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.