Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-02-2018, 08:28 AM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
The Travelling Cat Chronicles: Does the cat die at the end? *Possible Spoilers*

The answer to this question may spoil the book for some.

If anyone has read this book, could you please tell me if the cat is okay at the end. I HATE books where the cat, or other animal, dies. I'm thinking of buying this from Amazon, but only if the cat is alive and happy when the book closes.

Thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:12 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
The answer to this question may spoil the book for some.
Only if those answers aren't put in spoiler tags. Or you respond to said spoilered answer in a way that reveals it.

You should probably ask for the answers to questions like this (if you feel you must ask them at all) to be PMed to you.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Only if those answers aren't put in spoiler tags. Or you respond to said spoilered answer in a way that reveals it.

You should probably ask for the answers to questions like this (if you feel you must ask them at all) to be PMed to you.
Well, I for one would like to know the answer as well. I don't want to become emotionally involved with animal character and then have my heart broken.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:42 AM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I asked a similar question a few months ago about A Streetcat Named Bob. No one objected to the question.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:58 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I freely admit I can't relate at all to wanting to know if characters--any characters--live or die before starting a book, but that's neither here nor there. I'm not objecting to the question being asked (sorry if it came across that way), I'm merely asking that those who have the answer don't post it in plain sight. And that once the answer is given (spoiler-tagged or un-), that the questioners don't telegraph that answer. A la "Great thanks! I'll check it out, then" or "Crap! Oh well. Thanks anyway." That's all.

Which is why I suggested that perhaps it would be better for all concerned to ask to be given the answers to such potential spoilers via PM. Some are as sensitive to having plots spoiled as you are to having your heart broken. Both sensitivities can be catered to with a little caution.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-02-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Advert
Old 12-02-2018, 11:14 AM   #6
BookCat
C L J

While I think this is over-cautious, if anyone has read the book and knows the answer, please PM me.

If others, like Catlady, would also like the answer to this question, please state this in the thread. If I get the information, I'll pass it on.

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:39 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks. But for the record: I'm not posting as a Moderator/Editor "who needs to be obeyed." I'm responding as a regular member/reader who has concerns/apprehensions about "what happens at the end?" threads. Feel free to discuss, comply or ignore. Your choice. I've had my say.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:39 PM   #8
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks. But for the record: I'm not posting as a Moderator/Editor "who needs to be obeyed." I'm responding as a regular member/reader who has concerns/apprehensions about "what happens at the end?" threads. Feel free to discuss, comply or ignore. Your choice. I've had my say.
Well, asking you as a moderator--how about adding a "Possible Spoilers" tag to the name of the thread? That way, people can avoid it entirely if they so choose and not risk having the story spoiled even if someone forgets to use spoiler tags, or if a response gives away the answer.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Well, asking you as a moderator--how about adding a "Possible Spoilers" tag to the name of the thread? That way, people can avoid it entirely if they so choose and not risk having the story spoiled even if someone forgets to use spoiler tags, or if a response gives away the answer.
I can do that.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:50 PM   #10
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I can do that.
Thanks!
Old 12-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #11
BookCat
C L J

How do I use spoiler tags? I've seen them being used to 'hide' information in other posts, but I don't know how to do this. Would someone mind telling me please?

Nevermind, I think I've found it in the toolbar of the Advanced textbox.

Last edited by BookCat; 12-02-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #12
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
I've PM'ed you BookCat.

For the other posters, in my view for this story, knowing whether the cat is still alive or not has not much to do with the story's end - so no need to worry too much about that.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #13
BookCat
C L J

AnotherCat: I have received your PM. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:57 PM   #14
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:

I can understand the concern, but I would have thought that the question in the subject line "Does the cat die at the end?" is pretty much an automatic spoiler alert.

Quote:
I freely admit I can't relate at all to wanting to know if characters--any characters--live or die before starting a book, [...]
In general I feel the same ... although, while it's not cat specific, I can relate to wanting to know in advance if a book is going to rip my heart out because sometimes, in some moods or whatever, I'm not always up for the emotional wear and tear.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:02 PM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
In general I feel the same ... although, while it's not cat specific, I can relate to wanting to know in advance if a book is going to rip my heart out because sometimes, in some moods or whatever, I'm not always up for the emotional wear and tear.
Well sure. But "is it a tear-jerker" is a bit of a different question, IMO, than "Does Bob die at the end of 'The Chronicles of Bob?'" One seems slightly more specific to me than the other.

Tags
cat book