Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #16
Yutsuki
Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yutsuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paper
50,000 pages; or, a variety of sub-challenges.

This looks like fun! I’m a very slow reader (I have dyslexia, and I often stubbornly refuse to wear my glasses), so I need to ensure that I make more time to read. After all, the amorphous "they" always say that there’s no such thing as not having enough time! With that in mind, my main goal is to read 50,000 pages over the course of 2016.

That sounds like a rather bland goal, though, and there’s nothing to stop me just reading comic books and children’s books towards the end of the year to "pad" my numbers! So I’m going to try to observe a number of sub-goals, to ensure that my selection is broadened beyond my usual comfort areas:
  • Five books which were originally written in a language other than English.
  • Five books which were written by five different female authors.
  • Five standalone books written by five different authors.
  • At least one book from the following five genres: Romance, Horror, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Lit Fic.
  • At least two books published in 2016.
Yutsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #17
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I've kept a reading notebook with one month/page since July, 1986. Why not start a digital version?

January

Home -- Marilynne Robinson. [less satisfying than Gilead]

Cécile is Dead -- Georges Simenon

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 01-03-2016 at 03:50 PM.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #18
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
To read 60 books in 2016

2016 Challenge
  • 13/60 Books of any kind, ? pages of any kind
    3 ebooks & pbooks, ? pages
    10 audiobooks, ? minutes, ? pages
January-March, Winter
  • The Death of the Heart by Elizabeth Bowen
  • The Epic of Gilgamesh
  • Moby-Dick; or, The Whale by Herman Melville
  • A Pale View of Hills by Kazuo Ishiguro
  • A Question of Upbringing by Anthony Powell

January

1) The Martian by Andy Weir
✭✭ MacGyver on Mars
audiobook narrated by R. C. Bray, 10 hours 53 minutes, ~375 pages

2) Into Africa by Martin Dugard
✭✭✭
audiobook

February

3) The Death of Ivan Ilych by Leo Tolstoy
✭✭✭✭✭
audiobook

4) Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
✭✭✭✭
ebook

5) The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss
✭✭
audiobook

March

6) Eucalyptus by Murray Bail
✭✭✭
audiobook

May

7) We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
✭✭✭
ebook

July

8) The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
✭✭
audiobook

August

9) Hunger by Knut Hamsun
✭✭✭
ebook

10) A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain
✭✭
audiobook

October

11) The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
✭✭✭✭
audiobook

November

12) The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
✭✭✭
audiobook

December

13) Bruno, Chief of Police by Martin Walker
✭✭✭
audiobook

Last edited by sun surfer; 01-08-2017 at 03:27 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:10 PM   #19
elaysee
Groupie
elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook, Kobo, Kindle, iPad
Read happy!

2016 looks to be a tough, tough year, and I can already see my reading preferences shifting to "comfort." Setting goals accordingly and with little concern for completion.
  • 104 books Jan: 33 Feb: 21 Mar: 21 Apr: 29 May: 28 Jun: 30 Jul: 34 Aug: 22 Sep: 30 Oct: 21 Nov: 31 Dec: 25
  • Bucket list: Iliad/Odyssey/Aeneid year-end: regrouped
  • Check out a new mystery series Jan: 3 May: 1 Jul: 2 Nov: 1
  • 6 fewer physical TBRs year-end: epic fail
  • Dent in short fiction Jan: 4 Feb: 1 Mar: 1 Apr: 3 May: 3 Jun: 6! Jul: 11!!! Aug: 2 Sep: 5 Oct: 4+1 Nov: 3 Dec: 5
  • Evaluate 24 freebies Feb: 2 Apr: 3 May: 2 Jun: 1 Jul: 1 Aug: 2 Sep: 6 Oct: 5 Nov: 1 year-end: just missed!
  • Watch value for money from subscription sources relative to library. Jan: OK Feb: half Mar: OK Apr: OK May: OK Jun: OK Jul: OK Aug: OK Sep: OK Oct: mostly OK Nov: OK Dec: OK

2 books a week is just a number, I'll likely exceed it.

Spoiler:
January: 18 books, 7 shorter works, 4 magazines, 4 re-reads, 5000 (new) pages.

February: 5 novels, 5 shorter works, 1 magazine, 1 essay collection, 1 short story collection, 8 re-reads (Poirot binge), 2800 new pages.

March: 11 novels, 6 shorter works, 1 magazine, 1 short story collection, 2 re-reads, 2400 new pages, 10200 ttl. Also some uncaptured Hugo consolidation reading. Notable: The Traitor Baru Cormorant (econ in fantasy!).

April: 13 novels, 5 shorter works, 4 magazines (one via subscription service thus not above), 1 short story collection, 1 anthology, 4 graphic novels, 7000 new pages, 17200 ttl. Notable: Laline Paull's The Bees, Ilona Andrews' Sweep in Peace, Seanan McGuire's Every Heart a Doorway.

May: 13 novels, 7 shorter works, 3 magazines (one via subscr.), 2 anthologies, 3 non-fiction, 6000 new pages, 23200 total. Notable: Kate Williams' Becoming Queen Victoria: The Tragic Death of Princess Charlotte and the Unexpected Rise of Britain's Greatest Monarch, Jennifer Worth's Call the Midwife.

June: 15 novels, 5 shorter works, 2 magazines, 5 anthologies (4 owned), 3 graphic novels, 6900 new pages, 30100 total. Notable: David D. Levine's collection Space Magic.

July: 16 novels, 5 shorter works, 10 magazines, 1 collection, 2 re-reads, 6900 new pages, 37000 total. Notable: Patrick Ness' The Rest of Us Just Live Here; Michelle Diener's Dark Horse and Dark Deeds.

August: 12 novels, 6 shorter works, 2 magazines, 1 graphic novel, 1 re-read, 5500 new pages, 42500 total. Notable: Attica Locke's Black Water Rising.

September: 15 novels, 6 shorter works, 5 magazines, 2 re-reads, 3 non-fiction, 5100 new pages, 47600 total. Notable: Adrian Tchaikovsky's Spiderlight, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Between the World and Me, Theresa Brown's The Shift.

October: 8 novels, 4 shorter works, 3 magazines, 1 re-read, 1 how-to, 2 non-fiction, 4000 new pages, 51600 total. Notable: Curtis Sittenfeld's Eligible, Heather Rose Jones' Daughter of Mystery and sequel, re-read Robin McKinley's Sunshine.

November: 13 novels, 9 shorter works, 3 magazines, 1 re-read, 4 non-fiction, 1 poetry, 7200 new pages, 58200 total. Notable: Tansy Rayner Roberts' Kid Dark Against the Machine; Frank Baker's Miss Hargreaves, more for sheer oddity than pure enjoyment.

December: 11 novels, 3 shorter works, 5 magazines, 2 collections, 3 non-fiction, 1 re-read, 4600 new pages, 62800 total. (Think more than typical items without a page count in GR.) Notable: Le Guin's The Dispossessed, Alexis Hall's Looking for Group, The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.

In 2014 The Three Musketeers kept being referenced in my reading, so I finally read it in 2015. This year the Odyssey has cropped up a few times. Maybe I'll try to re-read it and/or the Iliad, or maybe it's time to tackle the Aeneid.

Spoiler:
Apr:Started reading The Canterbury Tales.

Dec: decided not to race through Canterbury. Did read Wuthering Heights, after four or five bounces, so am counting that.

2014 was the year of Miss Silver, 2015 was all about the SFF. Look at a new mystery series or two, read if enjoyable.

Spoiler:
Jan: began reading Catherine Aird's Inspector Sloan series. 10 books in so far would appear to count.

Read Elly Griffith's first Ruth Galloway book, may read on.

Bounced hard off Christianna Brand.

Feb: read 2 more Sloan, not continuing with Galloway for now.

March: read 3 more Sloan, new Scribd rules complicate things.

April: read another Sloan novel and a short story collection. Will need to get remaining from library soon.

May: read Clara Benson's first Angela Marchmont mystery. Will likely get back to them soonish.

Jun: 3 more Benson/Marchmont. (And a very silly non-Silver Patricia Wentworth.)

Jul: Louise Penny's first Ganache mystery. Undecided whether to continue - enjoyable lead, but I loathe the tiny village with endless murders.

Took a look at Muller and Pronzini's (mostly his) Carpenter and Quincannon book, bounced off fast, did not finish.

Aug: Through 8th of 10 Benson/Marchmont, though I'm mainly reading to learn the overarching plot at this point. Gave up on Penny/Ganache - tiny murder village syndrome got to me, as did the secondary characters.

Sep: finished Benson/Marchmont, disappointed by the resoution of the overplot.

Nov: bounced off James Runcie's Sidney Chambers and The Dangers of Temptation.

Keep cutting down the physical TBR shelf - last year saw a very small net decrease.

Year-end: failed failed failed! Kept saying I'd get to it eventually.

Don't beat myself up over the short SFF magazines, but try to read maybe 2-3 a month including any anthologies.

Spoiler:
Jan: 1 Lightspeed, 3 BCS.

Feb: 1 Uncanny.

March: 1 F&SF.

April: 1 Uncanny, 1 BCS, 1 Lightspeed, 1 F&SF.

May: 1 Clarkesworld, 1 Apex, 1 F&SF, anthology Temporally Out of Order.

June: 2 BCS, 4 (owned) anthologies/collections: Help Fund My Robot Army, Vivian Vande Velde, Martha Wells, David D. Levine.

July: 2 Apex, 4 BCS, 1 Clarkesworld, 2 Lightspeed, 1 Uncanny, A. Lee Martinez's Robots versus Slime Monsters. Go me!

August: 1 Clarkesworld, 1 Lightspeed.

September: 1 Apex, 3 BCS, 1 Lightspeed.

October: 3 BCS + 1 I abandoned, 1 Apex, 1 F&SF.

November: 1 BCS, 1 Apex, 1 Lightspeed.

December: 1 Apex, 1 BCS, 1 Clarkesworld, 1 Uncanny, 1 Asimov's.

Keep evaluating those freebies, and highlight any that are worthwhile.

Spoiler:
Feb: Read one, looked at and abandoned one.

April: Going to count the three old Hugo packet short stories I got off the ereader.

May: read two freebies; Annie Bellet's Justice Calling was an adequate series start.

June: Annie Bellet short from a series that apparently never got going in earnest.

July: a short fail from Sarah Mayberry - knew the trope would be trouble even from her.

August: a short light success from Kelly Hunter, and a similarly tropic fail from her. Must've been the Aussies-in-Montana factor.

September: read an Eryn Scott, an odd chick-lit that partially worked. Bounced off several SF freebies and marked two more never on the basis of authorship.

October: none finished or noteworthy. An awful month for DNFs overall, 20 of them.

Nov: an unremarkable Charlotte English.

Track subscription services month to month to see if I'm using them. Possibly see if a external library card would be a worthwhile change.

Spoiler:
Jan: relative to Amazon purchase price, read $97, DNFed $21 from Scribd. I'm the reason the business model is unsustainable...
KU: read $16 (-$8 could have been had from Prime), DNFed $14. Met with some conscious effort.

Feb: Scribd: read $63 and forced them to change their business model.
KU: read $3 - hit Scribd harder with intent after announcement of change.

March: Scribd: read $29.
KU: read $24/$16, DNF $1.

April: Scribd: read $23.
KU: read $11/$3, DNF $5.

May: Scribd: read $28 unlimited, $16 library.
KU: read $17/$9.

June: Scribd: read $5 unlimited, $14 library, DNF $9 unlimited.
KU: $15/$11

July: Scribd: read a public domain unlimited, $1 perm-unl, $12 library, DNF $15 unlimited, DNF $4 library. Total $13 read, $19 DNF. Feeling like deciding how to commit credits is a bit of a chore, will need to consider this.
KU: $12/$8, $1 DNF

August: Scribd: $11 unl, $21 library, DNF $15 unl, plus one that turned out to also be KU, sigh. Hit upon a series to complete and didn't struggle with the credits for a change, am through September's allotment.
KU: $25/$20.

September: Scribd: $21 unl.
KU: $15/$10, DNF $5.

October: Scribd: $8 library, $10 unl, $72 DNF-unl
KU: $10/$2, DNF $19

November: Scribd: $6 library (nearly positive another one wasn't free on Kindle when I picked it up...), $15 unl, $10 DNF-unl.
KU: $15/$10, DNF $17.

December: Scribd: $16 unl, $49 DNF-unl.
KU: $10/$6, DNF $4.

Feel like it's time to start tracking what I spend and what I acquire - will try to pick this up next month.

August: bought 14 bargain-priced books-and, read 1 of 'em. Bought 4 full-ish priced. 8 freebies, read 1 of them. Bought 6 bargain-priced old favorites. 5 magazines came in. 13 reference books (Humble Bundle, programming). Total: 50; $95(magazine subscriptions not included).

One observes that 37 non-reference items came in and 22 items were digested, including subscription and library items. One is moved to contemplate the long-term implications of this.

September: 10 bargain-priced, 6 classic bargains, 9 fareebies, 7 subscription arrivals, 4 Kickstarted, 3 subscriptions renewed and one added. At least 31 items in and 30 read is an improvement. Total: 31; $143, more than half subscription renewals.

October: 7 subscription/KS arrivals, 1 KS, 21 bargains, 3 classic bargains, 6 freebies, 4 full price. Total: 42; $80. Had been doing well until the Great Novella Binge at the end of the month.

November: 7 subscriptions/KS arrivals, 11 free, 22+12 bargains (incl StoryBundle), 4 classic bargains, 3 full price, 6 full price shorts, 17 technical (Humble Bundle). Total: 102, $144. Turns out I buy books when I can't deal.

December: not even worth trying to count, with over 100 Open Road freebies in the mix. Spent $125.

Memo to self: copy to buffer before posting in case the "not logged in" quirk bites me.

Last edited by elaysee; 12-31-2016 at 07:02 PM. Reason: December update
elaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:09 PM   #20
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
The goal this year is similar to last year's, 120 books read (or abandoned). These will be full length books, and will include audio books. Individual short stories will be recorded, but not counted towards that goal, though I do track them. However, if I end up reading several mid-length works (~80 pages or more), I'll combine them to count as a book read.

Secondary goal is to update this list no less often than once a week. I mostly managed that in 2015, but I did fail some times, and it's really easy to lose track or get so far behind that one abandons the attempt. But I've learned a trick or two to help me over the last year, and one that really helps is to update my "Reason for Editing" each time to show the last book(s) purchased and recorded. This helps me keep track even if it's been a few days since the last edit.

Adding a tertiary goal - track the costs of all books bought this year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Code:
# Bought  | $ Spent   | # Audible Credits
      168 | $ 560.34  |   35
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My stretch goal will be to read 160 books, or a bit more than 13/month.
  1. Miss Silver Deals With Death (Miss Silver #6) (Patricia Wentworth) $0.00 Rating:[*****] (Public Domain)
  2. The Golden Compass (Dark Materials #1) (Philip Pullman)$0.00 Rating:[****_] (Public Library)
  3. Fire Season (Treecats #2) (David Weber) 1 Credit Rating:[****_] Audible
  4. Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen (Vorkosigan #20) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $6.00 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[*****]
  5. The Clock Strikes Twelve (Miss Silver #7) (Patricia Wentworth) $0.00 Rating:[*****] (Public Domain)
  6. Falling Free (Vorkosigan #1) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $6.99 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****_]ReRead
  7. Shards of Honor (Vorkosigan #2) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $6.99 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****_]ReRead
  8. Barrayar (Vorkosigan #3) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $6.99 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****_]ReRead
  9. Treecat Wars (Treecats #3) (David Weber) 1 Credit Rating:[****_] Audible
  10. Princeling of Nanjing (Ava Lee #8) (Ian Hamilton) $3.50 Rating:[****_]
  11. Will-o-the-Wisp (Archer's Beach Short #4) (Sharon Lee) Rating:[*****]
  12. Sharpe's Havoc (Sharpe #7) (Bernard Cornwall] 1 Credit Rating:[****_] Audible
  13. Warrior's Apprentice (Vorkosigan #4) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $6.99 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****_] Audible ReRead
  14. The Vor Game (Vorkosigan #5) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $6.99 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****_] Audible ReRead
  15. Brat Farrar (Josephine Tey) $0.00 Rating:[*****] (Public Domain)
  16. Sea Kayaking (Dowd * Hoffmeister) $0.00 Rating:[****_] (Public Library)
  17. Exile (Smuggler's Tales #0.5) (Nathan Lowell) $0.00 Rating:[*****]Kindle Unlimited
  18. Boys in the Trees (Carly Simon) $0.00 Rating:[***__] (Public Library)
  19. Cetaganda (Vorkosigan #6) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $6.99 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[***__] Audible ReRead
  20. Ethan of Athos (Vorkosigan #7) (Lois McMaster Bulold) 1 Audible Credit Rating:[*****] Audible ReRead
  21. Labyrinth (Vorkosigan #8) (Lois McMaster Bulold) 1 Audible Credit Rating:[*****] Audible ReRead
  22. Borders of Infinity (Vorkosigan #9) (Lois McMaster Bulold) 1 Audible Credit Rating:[*****] Audible ReRead
  23. Training and Truth (Balanced Sword #0.5) (Ryk E. Spoor) $0.00 Rating:[*****]
  24. Starbound (collection) (Various) $0.00 Rating:[***__] Kindle Unlimited
  25. Wizard's Bane (Wiz Biz #1) (Rick Cook) $3.00 Rating:[****_]
  26. Brothers in Arms (Vorkosigan #11) (Lois McMaster Bulold) 1 Audible Credit Rating:[*****] Audible ReRead
  27. Phoenix Rising (Balanced Sword #1) (Ryk E. Spoor) $3.00 Rating:[****_]
  28. Mirror Dance (Vorkosigan #12) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $1.67 + Audible Credit Rating:[*****] Also Audible ReRead
  29. Memory (Vorkosigan #13) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $6.99 + Audible Credit Rating:[*****] Also Audible ReRead
  30. Komarr(Vorkosigan #14) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $2 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[*****] Also Audible ReRead
  31. A Civil Campaign(Vorkosigan #15) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $2 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****_] Also Audible ReRead
  32. Winterfair Gifts (Vorkosigan #16) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $2 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****_] Also Audible ReRead
  33. Diplomatic Immunity (Vorkosigan #17) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $2 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[*****] Also Audible ReRead
  34. Captain Vorpatril's Alliance (Vorkosigan #18) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $2 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****_] Also Audible ReRead
  35. The Night Life of the Gods (Thorne Smith) $0.00 Rating:[*____] Public DomainAbandoned
  36. Alliance of Equals eARC (Liaden Universe #19) (Sharon Lee & Steve Miller) $15.00 Rating:[*****] eARC
  37. Cryoburn (Vorkosigan #19) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $2.50 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****_] Also Audible ReRead
  38. Soldiers (The Regiment #1) (John Dalmas) $6.99 Rating:[****_]
  39. Dead Angler (Loon Lake Mysteries #1) (Victoria Houston) $0.00 Rating:[****_] Kindle Unlimited
  40. Trading in Danger (Vatta's War #1) (Elizabeth Moon) $7.99 + $3.99 Rating:[****_] ReRead
  41. Marque and Reprisal(Vatta's War #2) (Elizabeth Moon) $7.99 + $3.99 Rating:[****_] ReRead
  42. Journey to Munich (Maise Dobbs #12) (Jaqueline Winspear ) $12.99 Rating:[****_]
  43. Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen (Vorkosigan #20) (Lois McMaster Bulold) $6.00 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[*****] Also Audible ReRead
  44. Red Mars (Kim Stanley Robinson) $7.99 Rating:[**___] Abandoned
  45. Engaging the Enemy(Vatta's War #3) (Elizabeth Moon) $7.99 + $3.99 Rating:[****_] ReRead
  46. Command Decision (Vatta's War #4) (Elizabeth Moon) $7.99 + $3.99 Rating:[****_] ReRead
  47. Victory Conditions (Vatta's War #5) (Elizabeth Moon) $7.99 + $3.99 Rating:[****_] ReRead
  48. Victory of Eagles (Temeraire #5) (Naomi Novik) $7.99 + 1 credit Rating:[****_]
  49. The Murder of Mary Russell (Mary Russel #15) (Laurie R. King) 1 Audible Credit Rating:[*****] Audible
  50. Quarter Share (Solar Clipper #1) Nathan Lowell) 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****] Audible ReRead
  51. The Traveler Returns (Miss Silver #8) (Patricia Wentworth) $0.00 Rating:[*****] (Public Domain)
  52. Half Share (Solar Clipper #2) Nathan Lowell) $0.00 Rating:[****] Podcast ReRead
  53. Full Share (Solar Clipper #3) Nathan Lowell) $0.00 Rating:[****] Podcast ReRead
  54. The Steerswoman (The Steerswoman #1) (Rosemary Kirstein) $5.99 Rating:[****] ReRead
  55. The Outskirter's Secret (The Steerswoman #2) (Rosemary Kirstein) $5.99 Rating:[****] ReRead
  56. The Lost Steersman (The Steerswoman #3) (Rosemary Kirstein) $5.99 Rating:[****] ReRead
  57. Double Share (Solar Clipper #4) Nathan Lowell) $0.00 Rating:[****] Podcast ReRead
  58. Captain's Share (Solar Clipper #5) Nathan Lowell) $0.00 Rating:[****] Podcast ReRead
  59. The Language of Power (The Steerswoman #4) (Rosemary Kirstein) $5.99 Rating:[****] ReRead
  60. Owner's Share (Solar Clipper #6) Nathan Lowell) $0.00 Rating:[****] Podcast ReRead
  61. From a Changeling Star (Jeffery A. Carver) 1 Audible Credit Rating:[**___] Abandoned
  62. Silence (SERRAted Edge #9) (Mercedes Lackey) $0.99 Rating:[**___]
  63. In Ashes Born (Solar Clipper #7) (Nathan Lowell) $4.99 Rating:[*****] ReRead
  64. Call the Midwife (Midwife #1) (Jennifer Worth) $7.99 Rating:[****_] Public Library
  65. Mutineer's Moon (Dahak #1) (David Weber) $2.99 Rating:[****_]
  66. A Study in Scarlet (Sherlock Holmes) (Arthur Conan Doyle) 1 Audible Credit Rating:[***__] Audible
  67. South Coast (Shaman Tales #1) Nathan Lowell) $0.00 Rating:[****] Podcast ReRead
  68. Ravenwood (Tanyth Fairport #1) Nathan Lowell) $0.00 Rating:[****] Podcast ReRead
  69. Wise Child (Adventures in Liaden Universe #31) (Sharon Lee & Steve Miller) $0.00 Rating:[*****]
  70. Longitude (Dava Sobel) $0.00 Rating:[*****] KindleUnlimited
  71. Zepheria's Call (Tanyth Fairport #2) (Nathan Lowell) $4.99 Rating:[*****]ReRead
  72. The Hermit of Lammas Wood (Tanyth Fairport #3) (Nathan Lowell) $4.99 Rating:[*****]ReRead
  73. Hunting Party (Serrano/Suiza #1) (Elizabeth Moon) $4.50 Rating:[****_]ReRead
  74. Sporting Chance (Serrano/Suiza #2) (Elizabeth Moon) $4.50 Rating:[***__]ReRead
  75. Winning Colors (Serrano/Suiza #3) (Elizabeth Moon) $4.50 Rating:[***__]ReRead
  76. Beguilement (The Sharing Knife #1) Lois McMaster Bujold) 1 Credit Rating:[*****] ReRead
  77. Legacy (The Sharing Knife #2) Lois McMaster Bujold) 1 Credit Rating:[*****] ReRead
  78. Passages (The Sharing Knife #3) Lois McMaster Bujold) 1 Credit Rating:[*****] ReRead
  79. Horizon (The Sharing Knife #4) Lois McMaster Bujold) 1 Credit Rating:[*****] ReRead
  80. Project Elfhome eARC (Elfhome #5) (Wen Spencer) $15.00 Rating:[*****] eARC
  81. Something Fresh (Blandings #1) (P.G. Wodehouse) $0.00 Rating:[****_] Also Audible Public Domain
  82. Dragon in Exile (Liaden #18) (Sharon Lee & Steve Miller) $6.00 Rating:[*****] Also Audible ReRead
  83. Alliance of Equals (Liaden #19) (Sharon Lee & Steve Miller) $3.00 Rating:[*****] Also Audible
  84. Sleeping with the Enemy (Adventures in the Liaden Universe #34) (Sharon Lee & Steve Miller) $3.99 Rating:[*****]
  85. Master & Ciommander (Aubrey/Maturin #1) (Patrick O'Brian)$8.87 Rating:[*****] Also Audible ReRead
  86. Rules of Engagement (Serrano/Suiza #4) (Elizabeth Moon) $4.50 Rating:[****_]ReRead
  87. Change of Command (Serrano/Suiza #5) (Elizabeth Moon) $5.00 Rating:[***__]ReRead
  88. Against the Odds (Serrano/Suiza #6) (Elizabeth Moon) $5.00 Rating:[***__]ReRead
  89. Pilgrim's Rest (Miss Silver #10) (Patricia Wentworth) $0.00 Rating:[*****] (Public Domain)
  90. Fatal Pursuit (Bruno, Chief of Police #9) (Martin Walker) $11.99 Rating:[*****] Also Audible
  91. Shan & Priscilla Ride Again (Liaden Universe Fragment) (Sharon Lee & Steve Miller) $0.00 Rating:[*****]
  92. Phoenix Rising (Phoenix #1) (Ryk E. Spoor) 1 Audible Credit Rating:[*****] Audible
  93. The Adventurer and the Toad (Phoenix #0.2) (Ryk E. Spoor) $0.00 Rating:[*****]
  94. Phoenix in Shadow (Phoenix #2) (Ryk E. Spoor) 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****_] Audible
  95. Penric's Demon (Penric#1) (Lois McMaster Bujold) $0.00 Rating:[*****]
  96. The Day of the Jackal (Frederick Forsyth) $0.00 Rating:[*****]
  97. Penric's Shaman (Penric#2) (Lois McMaster Bujold) $0.00 Rating:[*****]
  98. Milk Run (Smuggler's Tales #1) (Nathan Lowell) $4.99 Rating:[*****]
  99. Shame the Devil (Sharon Lee & Steve Miller) $7.00 Rating:[****_]
  100. The Death of Sleep (Planet Pirates #2) (Anne McCaffrey & Jody Lynne Nye) $2.00 Rating:[***__]
  101. Phoenix Ascendant (Phoenix #3) (Ryk E. Spoor) $3.00 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[***__] Audible
  102. Women of Futures Past (Kristine Kathryn Rusch) $3.00 Rating:[****_]
  103. Protection Money (Elfhome Short #1) (Wen Spencer) $0.00 Rating:[*****]
  104. Project Elfhome (Elfhome #5) (Wen Spencer) $3.00+ 1 Audible Credit Rating:[*****] Also Audible
  105. Wood Sprites (Elfhome #4) (Wen Spencer) $6.49 + 1 Audible Credit Rating:[*****] Mostly Audible
  106. Heart of Darkness (Joseph Conrad) $0.00 Rating:[***___] AudibleAbandoned
  107. Sheepfarmer's Daughter (Paksenarrion #1) (Elizabeth Moon) $6.99 Rating:[*****] Mostly Audible
  108. Divided Allegiance (Paksenarrion #2) (Elizabeth Moon) 1 Audible credit Rating:[*****] Audible
  109. Oath of Gold (Paksenarrion #3) (Elizabeth Moon) $6.99 Rating:[*****] Mostly Audible
  110. Double Share (Solar Clipper #4) (Nathan Lowell) 1 Audible credit Rating:[*****] Audible
  111. Mercenary's Honor (Elizabeth Moon) $3.00 Rating:[*****]
  112. Captain's Share (Solar Clipper #5) (Nathan Lowell) 1 Audible credit Rating:[*****] Audible
  113. Boundary (Boundary #1) (Ryk E. Spoor & Eric Flint) 1 Audible credit Rating:[*****] Audible
  114. Threshold (Boundary #2) (Ryk E. Spoor & Eric Flint) 1 Audible credit Rating:[****_] Audible
  115. Closer to the Chest (The Herald Spy #3) (Mercedes Lackey) 1 Audible credit Rating:[***__] Audible
  116. Portal(Boundary #3) (Ryk E. Spoor & Eric Flint) 1 Audible credit Rating:[****_] Audible
  117. The Loved One (Evelyn Waugh) 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****_] Audible
  118. Bold (Kris Longknife #14) (Mike Shepherd) $7.99 + $2.99 Rating:[****_] Also Audible
  119. Penric's Mission (Penric#3) (Lois McMaster Bujold) $3.99 Rating:[*****]
  120. Castaway Planet (Boundary #4) (Ryk E. Spoor & Eric Flint) 1 Audible credit Rating:[****_] Audible
  121. Castaway Odyssey (Boundary #5) (Ryk E. Spoor & Eric Flint) 1 Audible credit Rating:[****_] Audible
  122. A Fine Italian Hand (Charlie Salter #9) (Eric Wright) $0.00 Rating:[****_] Public Library pBook
  123. To Say Nothing of the Dog (Connie Willis) $0.00 Rating:[***__] Abandoned
  124. Treachery's Tools (Imager #10) (L.E. Modesitt, Jr.) 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****_] Audible
  125. Owner's Share (Solar Clipper #6) (Nathan Lowell) 1 Audible credit Rating:[*****] Audible
  126. In Ashes Born (Solar Clipper #7) (Nathan Lowell) $4.99 Rating:[*****] ReRead
  127. Milk Run (Smuggler's Tales #1) (Nathan Lowell) $4.99 Rating:[*****] ReRead
  128. Shadow of Victory (Honor Harrington #14) (David Weber) $3.00 Rating:[****_]
  129. Legacies (Shadow Grail #1) (Mercedes Lackey & Rosemary Edgehill) $8.51 Rating:[****_]
  130. The Hanging Tree (Peter Grant #6) (Ben Aaronovitch) $10.97 Rating:[*****]
  131. Cocaine Blues (Phryne Fisher #1) (Kerry Greenwood) $0.00 Rating:[*****] Audible ReRead
  132. Flying Too High (Phryne Fisher #2) (Kerry Greenwood) $0.00 Rating:[*****] ReRead
  133. Murder on the Ballarat Train (Phryne Fisher #3) (Kerry Greenwood) $0.00 Rating:[*****] Audible ReRead
  134. Black Wolves of Boston eARC (Black Wolves #1) (Wen Spencer) $15.00 Rating:[*****] eARC
  135. Death at Victoria Dock (Phryne Fisher #4) (Kerry Greenwood) $0.00 Rating:[*****] Audible ReRead
  136. Valor's Choice (Confederation #1) (Tanya Huff) $6.99 Rating:[****_] Also Audible
  137. The Better Part of Valor (Confederation #2) (Tanya Huff) $6.99 Rating:[****_] Also Audible
  138. The Heart of Valor (Confederation #3) (Tanya Huff) $7.99 Rating:[****_] Also Audible
  139. The Handmaiden's Tale (Margaret Atwood) Rating:[***__] Abandonded
  140. Valor's Trial (Confederation #4) (Tanya Huff) 1 Audible Credit Rating:[****_] Audible
  141. The Gathering Edge (Liaden Snippet) (Sharon Lee & Steve Miller) $0.00 Rating:[*****]
  142. The Phoenix Unchained (Enduring Flame #1) (Mercedes Lackey & James Mallory) $2.99 Rating:[***__] Also Audible
  143. The Truth of Valor (Confederation #5) (Tanya Huff) $7.99 Rating:[****_]Also Audible
  144. The Green Mill Murder (Phryne Fisher #5) (Kerry Greenwood) $0.00 Rating:[*****] Audible ReRead

Link to Discussion Thread

Last edited by CRussel; 02-19-2017 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Bought:The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine/ Audible: An Ancient Peace
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2015, 01:40 AM   #21
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
I think 65 books is my goal this year.

1. Welcome to Night Vale
Thoughts: I've never read or heard of the pod cast. It was odd but I was not ever bored, and I ended up liking it.

I have been doing this. I'm at 56 as of 11/30 according to this list:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/lis...f=read-in-2016

Looks like I need to read a fair amount in the next month to get to 65, better get cracking! I am almost done with number 57 though, and will be on a cruise at the end of the year (I usually read a whole bunch on a cruise) so hopefully have this wired.

Last edited by Ginwen; 11-30-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:55 AM   #22
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Goal: at least one-sixth of fiction reading outside SF/Fantasy/Crime genres.

Status: Science Fiction: 56%; Fantasy: 17%; Crime Fiction: 21%; Other fiction: 6%.

Science Fiction: 83
C. S. Friedman, When True Night Falls. ***
C. S. Friedman, Crown of Shadows. ***
Charles Sheffield, Brothers to Dragons. ***
Greg Egan, Zendegi. *****
Gregory Benford, In the Ocean of Night. ****
Gregory Benford, Across the Sea of Suns. ****
Gregory Benford, Great Sky River. ***
Gene Wolfe, The Shadow of the Torturer. *****
Gene Wolfe, The Claw of the Conciliator. *****
Gene Wolfe, The Sword of the Lictor. *****
Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch. *****
Gene Wolfe, The Urth of the New Sun. *****
Robert J. Sawyer, Triggers. ****
Greg Egan, Schild's Ladder. ****
Stephen Baxter, Proxima. ****
Stephen Baxter, Ultima. ****
Greg Egan, Teranesia. *****
Jack McDevitt, The Hercules Text. ****
Samuel R. Delany, Nova. ****
Robert J. Sawyer, Quantum Night. ****
Greg Egan, Quarantine. ****
David Brin, Insistence of Vision. ***
Gene Wolfe, Nightside the Long Sun. ****
Gene Wolfe, Lake of the Long Sun. *****
Gene Wolfe, Caldé of the Long Sun. ****
Gene Wolfe, Exodus from the Long Sun. ****
Joe Haldeman, The Accidental Time Machine. ****
Hugh Howey, Wool. ***
Hugh Howey, Shift. ***
Alastair Reynolds, Revelation Space. ****
Alastair Reynolds, Redemption Ark. *****
Alastair Reynolds, Absolution Gap. *****
Phillip Mann, Master of Paxwax. **
Phillip Mann, The Fall of the Families. **
Greg Bear, Eon. *****
Greg Bear, Eternity. *****
Greg Bear, Legacy. ****
Walter Mosley, Inside a Silver Box. **
Jack Vance, Emphyrio. ****
Gene Wolfe, On Blue's Waters. *****
Gene Wolfe, In Green's Jungles. *****
Gene Wolfe, Return to the Whorl. *****
David Brin, Existence. ****
Gregory Benford and Paul A. Carter, Iceborn. ***
Ursula K. Le Guin, The Birthday of the World and Other Stories. ****
Cory Doctorow, Eastern Standard Tribe. ***
John Cramer, Twistor. ****
Peter Watts, Beyond the Rift. ****
Peter F. Hamilton, The Dreaming Void. ***
Peter F. Hamilton, The Temporal Void. ***
Peter F. Hamilton, The Evolutionary Void. ***
Adam Roberts, Yellow Blue Tibia. ****
Paul McAuley, 400 Billion Stars. ****
Paul McAuley, Secret Harmonies. *** (paper)
Paul McAuley, Eternal Light. ****
Gregory Benford and Larry Niven, Shipstar. ***
Adam Roberts, Salt. *****
Linda Nagata, The Bohr Maker. ***
Linda Nagata, Tech-Heaven. ***
Robert J. Sawyer, Far-Seer. ****
Robert J. Sawyer, Fossil Hunter. ****
Robert J. Sawyer, Foreigner. ****
Ruth Nestvold, From Earth to Mars and Beyond. ***
Greg Egan, Permutation City. *****
Greg Egan, Distress. *****
Greg Egan, Diaspora. *****
Ruth Nestvold, Looking Through Lace. ****
Ruth Nestvold, Beyond the Waters of the World. ****
Octavia E. Butler, Parable of the Sower. ****
Octavia E. Butler, Parable of the Talents. ****
Robert J. Sawyer, Starplex. ***
Robert J. Sawyer, Factoring Humanity. *****
Sheri S. Tepper, Northshore. ****
Sheri S. Tepper, Southshore. ****
Hal Clement, Ocean on Top. ***
Adam Roberts, On. ****
C. J. Cherryh, Gate of Ivrel. *****
C. J. Cherryh, Well of Shiuan. *****
C. J. Cherryh, Fires of Azeroth. *****
C. J. Cherryh, Exile's Gate. *****
Clifford D. Simak, Time and Again. ***
Robert J. Sawyer, Golden Fleece. ***
Adam Roberts, By Light Alone. ***

Fantasy: 25
Patricia A. McKillip, The Riddle-Master of Hed. ***
George R. R. Martin, A Game of Thrones. ****
George R. R. Martin, A Clash of Kings. ****
George R. R. Martin, A Storm of Swords. ****
George R. R. Martin, A Feast for Crows. ****
George R. R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons. ****
Guy Gavriel Kay, The Lions of Al-Rassan. ****
Lev Grossman, The Magicians. ***
Lev Grossman, The Magician King. ***
Lev Grossman, The Magician's Land. ****
Michael Moorcock, Elric: The Revenge of the Rose. *****
Michael Moorcock, Elric: Stormbringer!. *****
Michael Moorcock, The Jewel in the Skull. ****
Michael Moorcock, The Mad God's Amulet. ****
Michael Moorcock, The Sword of the Dawn. ****
Michael Moorcock, The Runestaff. ****
Jack Vance, Suldrun's Garden. *****
Jack Vance, The Green Pearl. *****
Jack Vance, Madouc. *****
Michael Moorcock, The Knight of the Swords. ****
Michael Moorcock, The Queen of the Swords. ****
Michael Moorcock, The King of the Swords. ****
C. J. Cherryh, The Paladin. *****
Tad Williams, The Dragonbone Chair. ***
Tad Williams, Stone of Farewell. ***

Crime Fiction: 31
Kjell Eriksson, The Hand That Trembles. ***
Kjell Eriksson, Black Lies, Red Blood. ***
Kjell Eriksson, Open Grave. **
Leif G. W. Persson, The Sword of Justice. ****
Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari. ***
Andrea Camilleri, The Scent of the Night. ****
Andrea Camilleri, Rounding the Mark. ****
Andrea Camilleri, The Patience of the Spider. ****
Erik Axl Sund, The Crow Girl. ****
Anders Roslund and Börge Hellström, Pen 33. ****
Anders Roslund and Börge Hellström, Box 21. ****
Peter Høeg, Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow. *****
Andrea Camilleri, The Paper Moon. ***
Andrea Camilleri, August Heat. ***
Leif G. W. Persson, The Dying Detective. *****
Jo Nesbø, The Bat. **
Jo Nesbø, Cockroaches. ***
Ian Rankin, Knots and Crosses. ***
Ian Rankin, Hide and Seek. ***
Henning Mankell, Kennedy's Brain. ***
Henning Mankell, The Man from Beijing. ****
Antti Tuomainen, The Mine. ***
Andrea Camilleri, The Wings of the Sphinx. ***
Andrea Camilleri, The Track of Sand. ***
Thomas Enger, Burned. **
Helene Tursten, Detective Inspector Huss. **
Pierre Lemaitre, Irène. ****
Pierre Lemaitre, Alex. ****
Pierre Lemaitre, Camille. ****
Kati Hiekkapelto, The Defenceless. ***
Kati Hiekkapelto, The Exiled. **

Other fiction: 9
Arthur Hailey, The Moneychangers. ****
Arthur Hailey, Overload. ***
Desmond Bagley, The Spoilers. ***
Desmond Bagley, Juggernaut. ***
Koji Suzuki, Ring. ****
Koji Suzuki, Spiral. ***
Koji Suzuki, Loop. **
Wilbur Smith, Cry Wolf. ***
Wilbur Smith, The Diamond Hunters. ****

Last edited by GeoffR; 12-31-2016 at 05:16 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:49 AM   #23
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
At the moment I will stick with an overall (challenge) of reading 75 books in the year. My 2015 challenge was for one a week - 52 books - but as there will be a number of shorts/novellas in my 2016 challenge (e.g. the Jodi Taylor St. Mary's Chronicles short stories) I have upped this challenge a bit.

As a sub-challenge (just so it's not too easy) I will also aim for an average of 300 pages per book.

[UPDATE: I have now decided to add the Something For Everyone challenge (read a book in every one of 40 named categories, as posted in GR) to my challenge list; details at the end of this post.]

Progress:
I've met all my challenges for 2016.

Books read = 82 (75) - Challenge met!
Page Average = 308 (300) - Challenge met!
Something for Everyone challenge = 40 (40) - Challenge met!
Page Total = 25,215

Books Read:

1. The Tall Dolores (Ed Noon #1) by Michael Avallone (160 pages)
2. The Very First Damned Thing (The Chronicles of St. Mary's 0.5) by Jodi Taylor (74 pages)
3. When a Child is Born (The Chronicles of St. Mary's #2.5) by Jodi Taylor (21 pages)
4. Roman Holiday (The Chronicles of St. Mary's #3.5) by Jodi Taylor (34 pages)
5. Don't Point that Thing at Me (Charlie Mortdecai #1) by Kyril Bonfiglioli (176 pages).
6. The Kraken Wakes by John Wyndham (240 pages)
7. The Tales of Max Carrados by Ernest Bramah (50 pages)
8. The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike #1) by Robert Galbraith (449 pages)
9. The Damsel (Alan Grofield #1) by Richard Stark (184 pages)
10. White Trash Zombie Gone Wild (White Trash Zombie #5) by Diana Rowland (325 pages)
11. The Executioners by Danny King (234 pages)
12. Robert B. Parker's the Devil Wins (Jesse Stone #14) by Reed Farrel Coleman (352 pages)
13. Death of a Dustman (Hamish Macbeth #16) by M.C. Beaton (288 pages)
14. The Corpse Exhibition: And Other Stories of Iraq by Hassan Blasim (196 pages)
15. The Spitting Image (Ed Noon #2) by Michael Avallone (208 pages)
16. The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike #2) by Robert Galbraith (456 pages)
17. The Grownup by Gillian Flynn (79 pages)
18. Breakdown (Alex Delaware #31) by Jonathan Kellerman (350 pages)
19. The House of Hunger by Dambudzo Marechera (176 pages)
20. The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy #1) by Joe Hart (371 pages)
21. Where the Bodies Are Buried by Christopher Brookmyre (405 pages)
22. Disclaimer by Renée Knight (352 pages)
23. Strands of Sorrow (Black Tide Rising #4) by John Ringo (480 pages)
24. Death of a Celebrity (Hamish Macbeth #17) by M.C. Beaton (274 pages)
25. Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben (387 pages)
26. Get Carter by Ted Lewis (240 pages)
27. Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek (296 pages)
28. Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike #3) by Robert Galbraith (494 pages)
29. Shooting Straight: Guns, Gays, God, and George Clooney by Piers Morgan (368 pages)
30. The Joker: Death of the Family by Scott Snyder (456 pages)
31. The Pure in Heart (Simon Serrailler #2) by Susan Hill (378 pages)
32. The Insider: The Private Diaries of a Scandalous Decade by Piers Morgan (512 pages)
33. List of the Lost by Morrissey (118 pages)
34. The Little World of Don Camillo by Giovannino Guareschi (268 pages)
35. Bad Monkeys by Matt Ruff (240 pages)
36. Don Camillo and the Prodigal Son by Giovannino Guareschi (224 pages)
37. The Nation's Favourite Poems Intro by Griff Rhys Jones (192 pages)
38. The Return of the Discontinued Man (Burton & Swinburne #5) by Mark Hodder (367 pages)
39. The Lost Diaries of Adrian Mole by Sue Townsend (287 pages)
40. Robert B. Parker's Slow Burn (Spenser #44) by Ace Atkins (320 pages)
41. In The Darkness, That's Where I'll Know You by Luke Smitherd (298 pages)
42. The Steerswoman by Rosemary Kirstein (279 pages)
43. The Girl in the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz (437 pages)
44. All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy (302 pages)
45. Dispatches From the Sofa: The Collected Wisdom of Frank Skinner (336 pages)
46. The Girl In The Ice by Robert Bryndza (396 pages)
47. Dark Web by T.J. Brearton (372 pages)
48. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (216 pages)
49. Six Impossible Things by Renee Carter Hall (55 pages)
50. The Night Stalker by Robert Bryndza (289 pages)
51. End of Watch by Stephen King (368 pages)
52. The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North (432 pages)
53. My Man Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse (114 pages)
54. The Tunnel Under the World by Frederik Pohl (44 pages)
55. Cinder by Marissa Meyer (387 pages)
56. The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin (602 pages)
57. The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape 9-5 and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss (381 pages)
58. Tier One by Brian Andrews (391 pages)
59. Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente (352 pages)
60. The Bazaar of Bad Dreams: Stories by Stephen King (507 pages)
61. The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey (460 pages)
62. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn (350 pages)
63. Bartleby the Scrivener by Herman Melville (64 pages)
64. A Trail Through Time by Jodi Taylor (320 pages)
65. Down Under: Travels in a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson (394 pages)
66. The North Water by Ian McGuire (336 pages)
67. Robert B. Parker's Debt to Pay by Reed Farrel Coleman (352 pages)
68. Home by Harlan Coben (400 pages)
69. Death of a Village by M.C. Beaton (283 pages)
70. Stuck On You by Jasper Bark (272 pages)
71. To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis (493 pages)
72. Triple Crown by Felix Francis (400 pages)
73. The Churchill Factor: How One Man Made History by Boris Johnson (421 pages)
74. The Deadline: A Novel About Project Management by Tom DeMarco (310 pages)
75. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch (352 pages)
76. Maestra by L.S. Hilton (384 pages)
77. Night School by Lee Child (400 pages)
78. Going Postal by Terry Pratchett (474 pages)
79. The Sellout by Paul Beatty (289 pages)
80. The Reader by Bernhard Schlink (215 pages)
81. Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz (368 pages)
82. The Feather Men by Ranulph Fiennes (400 pages)

Currently reading:
===============================
Six Scary Stories by Stephen King (126 pages)
Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson (324 pages)

Something for Everyone Challenge:

Try to read a book in every category below. Probably won't make the full list, but will give it a go:

A book based on a fairy tale - Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente
A National Book Award winner - All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
A YA bestseller - The Last Girl by Joe Hart
A book you haven't read since high school - The Kraken Wakes by John Wyndham
A book set in your home state - The Lost Diaries of Adrian Mole by Sue Townsend
A book translated to English - The Corpse Exhibition: And Other Stories of Iraq by Hassan Blasim
A romance set in the future - Cinder by Marissa Meyer
A book set in Europe - Don't Point that Thing at Me by Kyril Bonfiglioli
A book that's under 150 pages - The Grownup by Gillian Flynn (79 pages)
A book that's becoming a movie this year - A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
A self-improvement book - The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss
A book you can finish in a day - List of the Lost by Morrissey
A book written by a celebrity - The Insider: The Private Diaries of a Scandalous Decade by Piers Morgan
A book that's more than 600 pages - The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin
A science-fiction novel - The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
A book recommended by a family member - The Girl in the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz
A graphic novel - The Joker: Death of the Family by Scott Snyder
A book that is published in 2016 - Breakdown by Jonathan Kellerman
A classic from the 20th century - My Man Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse
A book that takes place during Summer - The Night Stalker by Robert Bryndza
A book and its prequel - The Very First Damned Thing (The Chronicles of St Mary's 0.5) and When a Child is Born (The Chronicles of St Mary's #2.5) by Jodi Taylor
A murder mystery - Death of a Dustman by MC Beaton
A book written by a comedian - Dispatches from the Sofa: The Collected Wisdom of Frank Skinner
A dystopian novel - Strands of Sorrow by John Ringo
A book with a blue cover - The Damsel by Richard Stark
A book of poetry - The Nation's Favourite Poems by Griff Rhys Jones (Foreword)
The first book you see in a bookstore - Disclaimer by Renée Knight
A book from the library - The Spitting Image by Michael Avallone
An autobiography - Shooting Straight: Guns, Gays, God, and George Clooney by Piers Morgan
A book about a culture you're unfamiliar with - The House of Hungerby Dambudzo Marechera
A book that takes place on an island - Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek
A book that's guaranteed to bring you joy - Don Camillo and the Prodigal Son by Giovannino Guareschi
A book at least 100 years older than you - Bartleby the Scrivener by Herman Melville
A New York Times bestseller - Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben
A book about a road trip - Down Under: Travels in a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
A political memoir - The Churchill Factor: How One Man Made History by Boris Johnson
A book with a protagonist who has your occupation - The Deadline: A Novel About Project Management by Tom DeMarco
A book from Oprah's Book Club - The Reader by by Bernhard Schlink
A satirical book - Going Postal by Terry Pratchett
A book recommended by someone you just met - The Feather Men by Ranulph Fiennes

Last edited by orlok; 12-18-2016 at 09:24 AM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:06 AM   #24
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
To read at least 75 books on my TBR
Read both book club selections

TBR books read:
January
1 - The Shepherd's Life by James Rebanks
2 - The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
Feb
3 - Brat Farrar by Josephine Tey
4 - The Backwoods of Canada by Catherine Parr Traill
5 - Roughing It in the Bush by Susanna Moodie
6 - Magna Carta by David Starkey
Mar - Dec
7 - The Reason for Flowers - Buchmann, Stephen
8 - Lincoln and the Power of the Press - Holzer, Harold
9 - The Invention of Nature: Alexander von Humboldt's New World - Wulf, Andrea
10 - Leonardo and the Last Supper - King, Ross
11 - Babette's Feast - Dinesen, Isak
12 - The Afghan Campaign - Pressfield, Steven

MR Literary Book Club
Delphi Complete Works of John Clare - Jan
Eucalyptus by Murray Bail - Feb
Mrs. Dalloway - Woolf, Virginia
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Of Human Bondage - Maugham, W. Somerset
In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex - Philbrick, Nathaniel
A Memoir of Jane Austen and Other Family Recollections - Austen-Leigh, James Edward
Bel Canto - Patchett, Ann - Oct
The Door by Magda Szabó
Babette's Feast - Dinesen, Isak - Dec

MR Book Club
The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman - Jan
Brat Farrar by Josephine Tey - Feb
The Night Life of the Gods by Thorne Smith - Mar
The Steerswoman
The Day of the Jackel
Heart of Darkness - Conrad, Joseph
The Loved One - Waugh, Evelyn

Misc books
January
1 - The Guardians: The League of Nations and the Crisis of Empire by Susan Pedersen (2015 Cundill Prize winner)
2 - Deep South: Four Seasons on Back Roads by Paul Theroux
3 - 1635: A Parcel of Rogues by Eric Flint and Andrew Dennis
4 - Empire of Cotton: A Global History by Sven Beckert
5 - Survival in Auschwitz (If This Is A Man) by Primo Levi
6 - Norwegian Wood: Chopping, Stacking, and Drying Wood the Scandinavian Way by Lars Mytting
7 - Delphi Complete Works of John Clare
Feb
8 - A Shepherd's Life by W.H.Hudson
9 - Consumers in the Bush: Shopping in Rural Upper Canada by Douglas McCalla
10 - Eucalyptus by Murray Bail
11 - 1944: FDR and the Year That Changed History by Jay Winik
12 - Norwood by Charles Portis
13 - The Reawakening by Primo Levi
Mar
14 - Hall of Mirrors by Barry Eichengreen
15 - Let the People Rule by Geoffrey Cowan
16 - 1924: The Year That Made Hitler by Peter Ross Range
17 - The Night Life of the Gods by Thorne Smith
Apr - Dec
18 - Ostend: Stefan Zweig, Joseph Roth, and the Summer Before the Dark - Weidermann, Volker
19 - Conquerors: How Portugal Forged the First Global Empire - Crowley, Roger
20 - The Hotel Years - Roth, Joseph
21 - The Long Shadow - Reynolds, David
22 - The German War: A Nation Under Arms - Stargardt, Nicholas
23 - Gratitude - Sacks, Oliver
24 - The Fever of 1721 - Coss, Stephen
25 - France 1940: Defending the Republic - Nord, Philip
26 - Mrs. Dalloway - Woolf, Virginia
27 - Ravens in Winter - Heinrich, Bernd
28 - To Hell and Back: Europe 1914-1949 - Kershaw, Ian
29 - The Road Not Taken - Orr, David
30 - Death in Florence - Strathern, Paul
31 - Distant Strangers: How Britain Became Modern - Vernon, James
32 - Vivid Faces: The Revolutionary Generation in Ireland, 1890-1923 - Foster, R.F.
33 - The Naked Shore: Of the North Sea - Blass, Tom
34 - Nabokov in America: On the Road to Lolita - Roper, Robert
35 - The Way of the Stars: Journeys on the Camino de Santiago - Sibley, Robert C.
36 - A Self-Made Man - Blumenthal, Sidney
37 - A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court - Twain, Mark
38 - Worktown: The Astonishing Story of the Project That Launched Mass Observation - Hall, David
39 - Valiant Ambition- - Philbrick, Nathaniel
40 - The Valley: A Hundred Years in the Life of a Family - Benson, Richard
41 - Of Human Bondage - Maugham, W. Somerset
42 - In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex - Philbrick, Nathaniel
43 - Heart of Darkness - Conrad, Joseph
44 - A Memoir of Jane Austen and Other Family Recollections - Austen-Leigh, James Edward
45 - Agents of Empire - Malcolm, Noel
46 - The Loved One - Waugh, Evelyn
47 - Custer's Trials: A Life on the Frontier of a New America - Stiles, T.J.
48 - Consumers in the Bush: Shopping in Rural Upper Canada - McCalla, Douglas
49 - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Dahl, Roald
50 - A Blue Puttee at War - Frost, Sydney
51 - The Hunt for Vulcan - Levenson, Thomas
52 - Into the Blizzard - Winter, Michael
53 - The Long Emancipation - Berlin, Ira
54 - Countdown to Pearl Harbor - Twomey, Steve
55 - In God's Path - Hoyland, Robert G.
56 - The Bridge to Airpower - Peter Dye
57 - The Year of Lear: Shakespeare in 1606 - Shapiro, James
58 - Bel Canto - Patchett, Ann
59 The Door by Magda Szabó

Last edited by bfisher; 01-01-2017 at 03:59 PM.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:41 AM   #25
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Total Books: 5
Total Short Stories: 14
Total Pages(not including short stories): 1,297

Books:

1. Shinto the Kami Way by Syoko Ono (8/10)
2. Stray God v. 1 by Adachitoka (7/10)
3. Confessions of a Mask by Yukio Mishima (6/10)
4. The Lady Astronaut of Mars by Mary Robinette Kowal (7 of 10)
5. Betrayal: The Crisis in the Catholic Church: The findings of the investigation that inspired the major motion picture Spotlight by the Investigative Staff of the Boston Globe (8/10)
6. Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling)
7. Stray God v. 2 by Adashitoka (6/10)
8. Sanctuary by Edith Wharton (7/10)
9. The Machine Stops by EM Forster (8/10)
10. The Marne: A Tale of the War by Edith Wharton (6/10)
11. The Art of War by Sun Tzu (10/10)
12. Dear Mr. You by Mary-Louise Parker (9/10)
13. The Cosmic Computer by H. Beam Piper (4/10)
14. Masks by Fumiko Enchi (7/10)

Last edited by astrangerhere; 02-16-2016 at 12:22 PM.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:50 PM   #26
reise
Enthusiast
reise can program the VCR without an owner's manual.reise can program the VCR without an owner's manual.reise can program the VCR without an owner's manual.reise can program the VCR without an owner's manual.reise can program the VCR without an owner's manual.reise can program the VCR without an owner's manual.reise can program the VCR without an owner's manual.reise can program the VCR without an owner's manual.reise can program the VCR without an owner's manual.reise can program the VCR without an owner's manual.reise can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle HDX 7, Dell Venue 8 7840, Ipad Air
placeholder - goals to be added before the end of the year.
reise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #27
VeggieCat
Bacon Enthusiast
VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10, Kindle Voyage, iPod Nano 7th gen (for audiobooks)
My goal for 2016 is to read along with the books featured on the podcast Overdue.

1. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emma Orczy READ
2. Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett READ
3. A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller READ
4. The Bees by Laline Paull READ
5. Beloved by Toni Morrison READ
6. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe READ
7. It by Stephen King READ
8. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving READ
9. Disgruntled by Asali Solomon READ
10. Speedboat by Renata Adler ABANDONED
11. Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie READ
12. When Women Were Birds by Terry Tempest Williams READ
13. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo READ
14. Flowers In the Attic by V.C. Andrews READ
15. Star Wars Aftermath by Chuck Wendig READ
16. Mr. Peanut by Adam Ross READ
16. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert READ
17. The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo READ
18. The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper READ
19. Black Beauty by Anna Sewell READ
20. Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton READ
21. IQ84 by Haruki Murakami READ
22. Guilt By Association by Marcia Clark
23. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte READ
24. The Door by Magda Szabo
25. The Gospel of Loki by Joanne Harris IN PROGRESS

Last edited by VeggieCat; 06-28-2016 at 11:21 PM.
VeggieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 05:29 AM   #28
Andie Luke
Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Kobo H2O
Also reserving a spot while I hatch my grand scheme
Andie Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:35 PM   #29
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
168 Books, 50K pages, and more

I set my goal too high at 200 in 2015, anticipating that I would be reading a lot of YA and middle-grade books. That didn't happen and I had a lot of stress at the end of the year trying to meet the goal. So I'm aiming more modestly at 168 books -- 14 per month -- in 2016. I set the page goal at 50,000 to make sure that I don't make my book goal by reading lots of short books. I am also pursuing several secondary challenges.

1. Read at least $10 worth of books from Kindle Unlimited each month (that is ... get my money's worth)
2. Read at least 12 Newbery Award books. (Stretch goal: Complete all Newbery Award books for 2010-2016: 25 books through 2015, up to 5 more with 2016 awards)

January 2016: 15 books, 4998 pages
-- 14 EB, 1 audio -- 5 library, 4 KU -- 1 Newbery
Spoiler:
1. Witches in Flight by Debora Geary
2. Between a Clutch and a Hard Place by Gayle Trent
3. The Banished of Muirwood by Jeff Wheeler
4. Without Fail by Lee Child
5. Warrior by Nick Webb
6. Persuader by Lee Child
7. When Good Bras Go Bad by Gayle Trent
8. Naero's Run by Mason Elliott
9. The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
10. Peter and the Sword of Mercy by Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson
11. Just One Damned Thing After Another by Jodi Taylor
12. The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
13. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
14. The Girl Who Never Was by Skylar Dorset
15. The Scam by Janet Evanovich & Lee Goldberg

February 2016: 9 books, 3666 pages
-- 8 EB, 1 audio -- 4 library , 1 KU
Spoiler:
16. The Boy with the Hidden Name by Skylar Dorset
17. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
18. The Braque Connection by Estelle Ryan
19. The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
20. Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey
21. Cress by Marissa Meyer
22. Thankless in Death by J. D. Robb
23. The Glassblower by Petra Durst-Benning
24. Storm Front by Jim Butcher

March 2016: 11 books, 4305 pages
-- 10 EB, 1 audio -- 8 library, 1 KU
Spoiler:
25. Concealed in Death by J. D. Robb
26. Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
27. Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandiera
28. Festive in Death by J. D. Robb
29. Beside Still Waters by Debbie Viguie
30. Obsession in Death by J. D. Robb
31. Kitty Saves the World by Carrie Vaughn
32. The Ciphers of Muirwood by Jeff Wheeler
33. The Revolving Door of Life by Alexander McCall Smith
34. Caliban's War by James S. A. Corey
35. Devoted in Death by J. D. Robb

April 2016: 11 books, 4199 pages
-- 9 EB, 1 paper, 1 audio -- 7 library, 1 KU
Spoiler:
36. Journey to Munich by Jacqueline Winspear
37. Midnight Riot by Ben Aaronovitch
38. Un Lun Dun by China Mieville
39. The Door in the Hedge by Robin McKinley
40. Victory by Nick Webb
41. The Enemy by Lee Child
42. Winter by Marissa Meyer
43. Death of a Snob by M. C. Beaton
44. Indian Givers by Jack Weatherford
45. Fairest by Marissa Meyer
46. Abaddon's Gate by James S. A. Corey

May 2016: 25 books, 6796 pages
-- 24 EB, 2 paper -- 15 library, 5 KU -- 1 Newbery
Spoiler:
47. The Edge of Dreams by Rhys Bowen
48. Brotherhood in Death by J. D. Robb
49. Death of a Prankster by M. C. Beaton
50. Moving Target by J. A. Jance
51. The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club by Wanda Brunstetter
52. Planet of Dinosaurs by K.H. Koehler
53. The Genius Asylum by Arlene F. Marks
54. Sea of Serpents by K. H. Koehler
55. Valley of Dragons by K. H.Koehler
56. The Steerswoman by Rosemary Kirstein
57. Death of a Greedy Woman by M. C. Beaton
58. The Last Colony by John Scalzi
59. Lion in the Valley by Elizabeth Peters
60. Bundle of Trouble by Diana Orgain
61. The Flinck Connection by Estelle Ryan
62. The Cyborg from Earth by Charles Sheffield
63. Motherhood is Murder by Diana Orgain
64. Cold Betrayal by J. A. Jance
65. Death of a Travelling Man by M. C. Beaton
66. Expendable by James Alan Gardner
67. Death of a Charming Man by M. C. Beaton
68. Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
69. Godspeed by Charles Sheffield
70. [color=green]The Deeds of the Disturber by Elizabeth Peters
71. The In-Betweener by Ann Christy

June 2016: 9 books, 3590 pages
-- 7 EB, 1 paper, 1 audio -- 6 library
Spoiler:
72. Zoe's Tale by John Scalzi
73. The Forge of God by Greg Bear
74. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
75. Clawback by J. A. Jance
76. [color=green]The Crime at Black Dudley[/green] by Margery Allingham
77. The Outskirter's Secret by Rosemary Kirstein
78. Anvil of Stars by Greg Bear
79. The Last Camel Died at Noon by Elizabeth Peters
80. A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson

July 2016: 18 books, 4892 pages
-- 16 EB, 1 paper, 1 audio -- 13 library, 1 KU
Spoiler:
81. The Snake, the Crocodile, and the Dog by Elizabeth Peters
82. Death of a Nag by M. C. Beaton
83. Death of a Macho Man by M. C. Beaton
84. Death of a Dentist by M. C. Beaton
85. Death of a Scriptwriter by M. C. Beaton
86. Just Like Me by Nancy Cavanaugh
87. Luck Be A Lady by Gemma Halliday & T. Sue VerSteeg
88. Death of an Addict by M. C. Beaton
89. Mystery Mile by Margery Allingham
90. A Highland Christmas by M. C. Beaton
91. The Hippopotamus Pool by Elizabeth Peters
92. Death of a Dustman by M. C. Beaton
93. Death of a Celebrity by M. C. Beaton
94. In the Blood by Steve Robinson
95. Commitment Hour by James Alan Gardner
96. Death of a Village by M C Beaton
97. bPrudence by Gail Carriger
98. Death of a Poison Pen by M. C. Beaton

August 2016: 22 books, 6967 pages
-- 21 EB, 1 audio -- 13 library, 6 KU
Spoiler:
99. To the Grave by Steve Robinson
100. Imprudence by Gail Carriger
101. The Lost Steersman by Rosemary Kirstein
102. Death of a Bore by M C Beaton
103. Death of a Dreamer by M C Beaton
104. Witch is When it All Began by Adele Abbott
105. Seeing a Large Cat by Elizabeth Peters
106. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
107. A Lancaster County Christmas by Suzanne Woods Fisher
108. Death of a Maid by M C Beaton
109. Death of a Gentle Lady by M. C. Beaton
110. Witch is When Things Got Complicated by Adele Abbott
111. Death of a Witch by M C Beaton
112. Death of a Valentine by M C Beaton
113. Death of a Chimney Sweep by M C Beaton
114. Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
115. Witch is When Everything Went Crazy by Adele Abbott
116. Green Comet by Jim Bowering
117. The Last Queen of England by Steve Robinson
118. Terrier by Tamora Pierce
119. Witch is When Things Fell Apart by Adele Abbott
120. Friday the Rabbi Slept Late by Harry Kemelman

September 2016: 14 books, 5487 pages
-- 13 EB, 1 audio -- 9 library, 3 KU
Spoiler:
121. The Ape Who Guards the Balance by Elizabeth Peters
122. Life Free or Die by John Ringo
123. Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce
124. Mastiff by Tamora Pierce
125. The Human Division by John Scalzi
126. The Falcon at the Portal by Elizabeth Peters
127. The Pursuit by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg
128. Boar Island by Nevada Barr
129. Whiskey Sour by J A Konrath
130. Bloody Mary by J A Konrath
131. Witch is When the Bubble Burst by Adele Abbott
132. Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd by Alan Bradley
133. Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich
134. Witch is When the Penny Dropped by Adele Abbott

October 2016: 13 books, 4155 pages
-- 13 EB -- 8 library, 2 KU
Spoiler:
135. Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich
136. Apprentice in Death by J. D. Robb
137. Witch is When the Floodgates Opened by Adele Abbott
138. Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich and Phoef Sutton
139. The Swarm by Orson Scott Card and Asron Johnson
140. Precious and Grace by Alexander McCall Smith
141. A Call to Duty by David Weber and Timothy Zahn
142. Witch is When the Hammer Fell by Adele Abbott
143. Wicked Charms by Janet Evanovich and Phoef Sutton
144. Death of a Kingfisher by M. C. Beaton
145. Death of Yesterday by M. C. Beaton
146. Cauldron of Ghosts by David Weber and Eric Flint
147. Away in a Manger by Rhys Bowen

November 2016: 21 books, 7261 pages
-- 19 EB, 2 audio -- 16 library, 2 KU -- 4 Newbery
Spoiler:
148. He Shall Thunder in the Sky by Elizabeth Peters
149. Death of a Policeman by M. C. Beaton
150. Dead Wrong by J. A. Jance
151. Death of a Liar by M. C. Beaton
152. Time of Fog and Fire by Rhy Bowen
153. Damage Control by J. A. Jance
154. Citadel by John Ringo
155. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
156. All Rise for the Honorable Perry T. Cook by Leslie Connor
157. Lord of the Silent by Elizabeth Peters
158. Death of a Nurse by M. C. Beaton
159. The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
160. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J. K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, and John Tiffany
161. Boundary by Eric Flint & Ryk E. Spoor
162. Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos
163. Witch is When My Heart Broke by Adele Abbott
164. Rusty Nail by J. A. Konrath
165. Fire and Ice by J. A. Jance
166. The Hot Gate by John Ringo
167. Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
168. The Great Cake Mystery by Alexander McCall Smith

December 2016: 12 books, 3845 pages
-- 12 EB -- 12 library, 0 KU -- 6 Newbery
Spoiler:
169. Judgment Call by J. A. Jance
170. Remains of Innocence by J. A. Jance
171. The Golden One by Elizabeth Peters
172. The Old Blue Line by J. A. Jance
173. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
174. El Deafo by Cece Bell
175. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
176. The End of All Things by John Scalzi
177. Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
178. School Ship Tobermory by Alexander McCall Smith
179. The War that Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
180. Turbo Twenty-three by Janet Evanovich

Totals:
180 books, 59,897 pages

By format:
eBook: 164
Paper: 5
Audio: 10

Last edited by Hampshire Nanny; 12-22-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #30
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
150 books and/or 48,000 pages read

1) Karen Vail volume two Crush by Alan Jacobson
2) Sam Prichhard volume one The Grave Man by David Archer
3) Sam Prichard volume two Death Sung Softly by David Archer
4) Sam Prichard volume three Love and War by David Archer
5) Sam Prichard volume four Framed by David Archer
6) Sam Prichard volume five The Kill List by David Archer
7) Sam Prichard volume six Difter part I by David Archer
8) Karen Vail volume three Velocity by Alan Jacobson
9) Scott Wolfe volume one Waking Wolfe by SL Shelton
10) Karen Vail volume four Inmate 1577 by Alan Jacobson
11) Bad Times volume one Canibal Gold by Chuck Dixon
12) Bad Times volume two Blood Red Tide by Chuck Dixon
13) Bad Times volume three Avenging Angels by Chuck Dixon
14) Far From Home Trilogy All 3 series in one volume by Tony Healy
15) The Warrior Chronicles volume one Warrior's Scar by Shawn Jones
16) Race Wars Season seven by DW Ulsterman
17) Purge of Babylon volume four The Fires of Atlantis by Sam Sisavath
18) Z-Risen book four Reavers by Nicholas Standsbury Smith
19) Dylan Cold volume one American Lease by KD McAdams
20) Dylan Cold volume two High Fields by KS Mcadams
21) Extinction Cycle volume four Extinction Edge by Nicholas Smith
22) The Repairman volume one the repairman by LJ Martin
23) The Repairman volume two Bakken by LJ Marin
24) The repairman volume three G3 by LJ Martin
25) King's Dark Tidings volume one Free the Darkness by Kel Kade
26) King's Dark Tidings volume two Time of Madness by Kel Kade
27) Adrian Hell volume five A Necessary Kill by James Sumner
28) The Specialist volume one Kill Zone by Zeke Mitchell
29) Sasquatch volume three Bigfoot Mountain by KT Tomb
30) Chyna Stone volume seven The Rosary Riddle by KT Tomb
31) Nick Caine volume one Temple of the Jaguar by JR Rain
32) The Dark Ability volume one The Dark Ability by DK Holmberg
33) Corp Justice volume ten Papal Justice by CG Cooper
34) The Penatrator volume one Target H by Chet Cunningham
35) Ethan Gaalal volume three Terminal Phase by Johnathan Hoke
36) The Penatrator volume Two Blood on the Strip by Chet Cunningham
37) The Penatrator volume three Capitol Hell by Chet Cunningham
38) The Penetrator volume four Hijacking Manhattan by Chet Cunningham
39) An Action Crime Thriller volume one Terrism by Steven Miller
40) An Action Crime Thriller volume two Broken World by Steven Miller
41) The Five Kingdom's volume one Wizzard Rising by Toby Neighbors
42) Nick Kane volume three Pyramid of the Gods by JR Rain
43) The Five Kingdom's volume two Magic Awakening by Toby Neighbors
44) Nick Kane volume four Curse of the Druids by JR Rain
45) The Human Chronicles volume eleven The Unreachable Stars by TR Harris
46) Order of the Black Sun volume one Ice Station Wolfenstien by PW Child
47) Order of the Black Sun volume two Deep Sea One by PW Child
48) Order of the Black Sun volume three Black sun Rising by PW Child
49) The Elemental Magic volume one Sorcerer by Michael Nowotny
50) The Forever Gate volume one The Dream by Isaac Hooke
51) The five kingdoms volume three Hidden Fire by Toby Neighbors
52) The Five Kingdoms volume four Crying Havoc by Toby Neighbors
53) The Pankaran Chronicles volume one The Eight Born by CS Night
54) The Pankaran Chronicles volume two The Dark Rider by CS Night
55) The Five Kingdoms volume five Fierce Loylaty by Toby Neighbors
56) Star Watch volume three Boomer by Mark Wayne McGinnis
57) Lusam The Dragon Mage Wars volume one by Dean Cadman
58) Lusam The Dragon Mage Wars volume two by Dean Cadman
59) The Five Kingdoms volume Six Evil Tide by Toby Neighbors
60) The Five Kingdom's volume seven Wizard Falling by Toby Neighbors
61) Kingfountain volume one the Queen's Poisner by Jeff Wheeler
62) The Human Chronicles volume twelve When Earth Reigned Supreem by TR Harris
63) The five Kingdoms volume eight Chaos Descending by Toby Neighbors
64) The Five Kingdoms bolume nine Into Chaos by Toby Neighbors
65) Phoenix volume one Shattered Earth by Rachel Cronnell
66) United Federation Marine Corps volume eight Cornel by Jonathan Brazee
67) United Federation Marine Corps volume nine comodant by Johnthan Brazee
68) Tanner volume fifteen Fire for Fire by Remington Kane
69) Tanner volume fourteen A Home to Dire For by Remmington Kane
70) Tanner volume thirteen Hell for Hire by Remmington Kane
71) Tanner volume one Inevitable I by Remmington Kane
72) Tanner volume two Kill in Plain Sight by Remmington Kane
73) Tanner volume three Make a Killing on Wall Street by Remmington Kane
74) Tanner volume four The First to Die Looses by Remington Kane
75) Tanner volume five The Life and Death of Cody Parker by Remington Kane
76) Tanner volume six War by Remmington Kane
77) Tanner volume seven Suicide or Death by Remmington Kane
78) Tanner volume eight Two for the Kill by Remmington Kane
79) Tanner volume nine Ballet of Death by Remmington Kane
80) Tanner volume ten More Than Dangerous by Remmington Kane
81) Race Wars volume nine Lambs to the Slaughter by DW Ulsterman
82) Far From Home Chronicles volume one Cold Light of the Stars by Tony Healey
83) Blade Asunder volume on Mercenary by jon Klin
84) Blade Asunder volume two Guardian by Jon Klin
85) The Marshyl Stories volume one The Valut of Mysteries by Toby Neighbors
86) Blade Asunder volume three Warden by Jon Klin
87) Blade Asunder volume four Champion by Jon Klin
88) Blade Asunder volume five Sentinel by Jon Klin
89) Peacekeepers volume on Birth of the Peacekeepers by Ricky Sides
90) Peacekeepers volume two Some Gave All by Ricky Sides
91) Upgrade volume one Upgrade Available by Daniel Kirk
92) Upgrade volume two Upgrade Benefits by Daniel Kirk
93) Upgrade volume three Upgrade Canceled by Daniel Kirk
94) Peacekeepers volume three Liberty or Death by Ricky Sides
95) Grug Smash volume one Dicing with the Gods by Sean Mc Kenzie
96) Peacekeepers volume four Eternal Vigilance by Ricky Sides
97) Grug Smash volume two Steeling from a Sourcer by Sean Mc Kenzie
98) Peace Keepers volume five Descent into Madness by Ricky Sides
99) Peace Keepers volume six Citadel by Ricky Sides
100) Peace Keepers volume seven Oh, Say Can You See by Ricky Sides
101) Human Chronicles volume thirteen A Clash of Aliens by TR Harris
102) Peace Keepers volume eight New Apocalypse by Ricky Sides
103) Peace Keepers volume nine Warlord by Ricky Sides
104) Peace Keepers volume ten Deceptions by Ricky Sides
105) Peace Keepers volume eleven Despair by Ricky Sides
106) Space Navy volume one Might of Fortitude by Jonathan Fletcher
107) Space Navy volume two Morgenstern by Jonathan Fletcher
108) Space Navy volume three Beserkergang by Jonathan Fletcher
109) Space Navy volume four zombies by Jonathan Fletcher
110) Old Iron Sides volume one Iron Sides by Dean Crawford
111) Old Iron Sides volume two Titan by Dean Crawford
112) Defending Home volume one Defiance by William Weber
113) Peace Keepers volume twelve War by Ricky Sides
114) Peace Keepers volume thirteen Wild West by Ricky Sides
115) Extinction Cycle volume three Extinction Age by Nicholas Standsbury Smith
116) Peace Keepers volume fourteen Redemption by Ricky Sides
117) Peace Keepers volume fifteen the Base by Ricky Sides
118) The Grey Spear Society volume one Apocalypse Cult by Alex Siegel
119) Peace Keepers volume sixteen Alaska by Ricky Sides
120) Peace Keepers volume seventeen Battleship Down by Ricky Sides
121) The Grey Spear Society volume two Carnival of Mayhem by Alex Siegel
122) The Grey Spear Society volume three by Alex Siegel
123) The Grey Spear Society volume four Involuntary Control by Alex Siegel
124) The Grey Spear Society volume five Deadly Weakness by Alex Siegel
125) Corp Justice volume twelve Sabotage by CG Cooper
126) Phoenix Quest volume six Seal of Solomon by KT Tomb
127) The Grey Spear Society volume six The Price of Disrespect by Alex Siegel
129) The Grey Spear Society volume seven Tricks and Traps by Alex Siegel
130) Adrien Hell volume six Good Intentions by James P. Sumner
131) The Five Kingdoms volume eleven Chaos Raging by Toby Neighbors
132) Spellmonger volume one Spellmonger by Terry Mancour
133) The Crosstime adventures of Carter Paxton volume one Paxton at Bosworth Field by Stanley lombardo
134) The Crosstime Adventures of Carter Paxton volume two Paxton in the New World by Stanley Lombardo
135) Spellmonger volume two Warmage by Terry Mancour
136) Spellmonger volume three Lord Mage by Terry Mancour
137) Penetrator volume twenty Radiation Hit by Chet Cunningham
138) Spellmonger volume four Knight Magi by Terri Mancour
139) Nick Kane volume five Secret of the Loch by Aiden Jsmes
140) Dyland Cold volume four Exotic Husbandry by KC Williams
141) Nick Kane volume six River of the Damed by Aiden James
142) Nick Kane volume seven Map of Masons by KT Tomb
143) Corp Justice volume thirteen Liberty Down by CG Cooper
144) Intergalactic Wizard Scout volume one Wizard Defiant by Rodney Hartmen
145) Spellmonger volume five High Mage by Terry Mancour
146) Intergalactic Wizard Scout volume two Wizard Cadet by Rodney Hartman
147) Intergalactic Wizard Scout volume three Wizard Scout by Rodney Hartman
148) Intergalactic Wizard Scout volume four Wizard Omega by Ron Hartman
149) The Chronicles of Dragon volume one The Hero, the sword and the dragon by Craig Holleran

Total 43,770

December

Balance brought forward $84
Karen Vail volume three Velocity by Alan Jacobson - $22 - Total $106
Sam Prichard volume one The Grave Man by David Archer - $15 - Total $122
Sam Prichard volume two Death Sung Softly by David Archer - $15 - Total $137
Sam Prichard volume three Love and War by David Archer - $15 - Total $152
Sam Prichard volume fouer Framed by David Archer - $15 - Total $167
Sam Prichard volume five The Kill List by David Archer - $15 - Total $182
Sam Prichard volume six Drifter Part I by David Archer - $12 - Total $194
Sam Prichard volume six Drifter part II by David Archer - $12 - Total $206
Nick Mc Carthy Assassin volume one Cold Blooded Assassin by Benard Lee Deleo - $10 - Total $216
Karen Vail volume four Inmate 1577 bt Alan Jacobson - $18 - Total $234
Scott Wolfe volume one Waking Wolfe by SL Shelton - $12 - Total $246
Scott Wolfe volume two Unexpected Gaines by SL Shelton - $12 - Total $258
Karen Vaill volume five No Way out by Alan Jacobson - $18 - Total $277
Bad Times volume one Cannibal Gold by Chuck Dixon - $10 - Total $287
Scott Wolfe volume three Danger Close by SL Shelton - $12 - Total $299
Bad Times volume two Blood Red Tide by Chuck Dixon - $14 - Total $303
Tanner volume one Inevitable by Remington Kane - $11 - Total $314
Taken! volume one Love Conquers all by Remington Kane - $9 - Total $323
Far From Home volume one Complete First Series by Tony Healy - $28 - Total $331
Far From Home volume prequel operation chimera by Tony Healy - $15 - Total $346
Bad Times volume three Avenging Agngels by Chuck Disxon - $15 - Total $351
Far From Home Trilogy All 3 series in one volume by Tony Healy - $3 - Total $354

January

The Warrior Chronicles volume one Warrior's Scar by Shawn Jones - $3 - Total $3
Purge of Babylon volume four The Fires of Atlantis by Sam Sisvath - $14 - Total $17
Purge of Babylon volume 3.1 Keo The Walls of Lemuria by Sam Sisavath - $12 - Total $49
The Warior Chronicles volume two Warrior's blood by Shawn Jones - $3 - Total $52
The Photographer Box Set: POhotography Know-How and Tips, Lean how to capture the best shots with your digital camera by Ruth Cox - $9 - Total $61
Race Wars Season 7 by DW Ulsterman - $3 - total $64
Arisen volume six The Horizon by Stephen Michael Fucus - $16 - Total $80
Purge of Babylon volume five Ashes of Pompeii by Sam Sissvath - $14 - $94
Z-Risen volume four Reavers by Timothy Long - $13 - $107
Dylan Cold colume one American Lease by KD Mc Adams - $1 - Total $108
Dylan Cold volume two High Fields by KD Mc Adams - $1 - Total $109
Betrayed volume .5 Betrayed by Carolyn Mc Cray - $10 - Total $119

February

Extinction Cycle volume three Extinction Edge by Nicholas Smith - $14 - Total $14 ppg 359
Dirk Pitt Adventures volume tenty-three Havanah Storm by Dirk Cussler
Anonymous Justice volume one Breaking Point by Boyd Craven jr - $3 - Total $17 ppg 97
The Repairman volume one The Repairman by LJ Martin - $5 - Total $22 ppg 463
The Repairman volume two Bakken by LJ Martin
Ring of Fire volume eight Ram Rebellion by Eric Flint
The Repairman volume three G3 by LJ Martin
The Repairman volume five Shy and Sexy by LJ Martin - $7 - Total $29 - ppg 196
The Repairman volume four Who's on Top by LJ Martin - $8 - Total $37 - ppg 194
Utility Company volume one blink by Will Swardstrom - $16 - total $53 - ppg 389
King's Dark Tidings volume one Free the Darkness by Kel Kade - $4 - Total $57 - ppg 460
Safehold volume four A Mighty Fortress by David Weber - 1134ppg
King's Dark Tidings volume two Reign of Madness by Kel Kade - $4 - Total $61 - ppg 587
The Dark Ability volume one The Dark Ability by DK Holberg - $13 - Total $74 - ppg 334
The Dragon Maj Wars volume one by Dean Cadman - $13 - Total $87 - ppg 338
Ethan Galaal volume three Terminal Phase by Isaac Hooke - $28 - Total $105 - ppg 366
Chuck Brandt volume one The Recruiter by Roger Weston - $10 - Total $115- ppg 236
The Specialist volume one Kill Zone by Zeke Mitchell - $1 - Total $116 - ppg $170
Sasquatch volume three Bigfoot Mountain by KT Tomb - $4 - Total $120
Chyna Stone Adventure volume seven The Rosary Riddle - $4 - Total $124 = ppg92
Nick Kane volume one Temple of the Jaguar by JR Rain - $8 - Total $132 - ppg 92
Nick Kane volume two Treasure of the Deep by JR Rain - $8 - Total $140 - ppg 106
The Dark Ability volume two The Hearthstone Blade by DK Holmberg - $13 - Total $153 - ppg 340
The Cloud Warrior Saga volume one Chased by Fire by DK Holmber - $13 - Total $166 - ppg 320
Corp Justice volume ten Papal Justice by CG Cooper - $11 - Total $177 - ppg 295
Corp Justice volume eleven The Zimmer Doctrine by CG Cooper - $4 - Total $181 - ppg 224
The Penatrator volume one Target H by Chet Cunningham - $1 - Total $182 - ppg 142
Navy Seal Grant Stevens volume one Mission Critical - $ 3 - Total $185 - ppg 246
The Penatrator volume two Blood on the Strip by Chet Cunningham - $3 - Total 188 - ppg 134
Mathew Richter Thriller volume one In Sheep's Clothing by LD Beyer - $ 13 - Total $202 - ppg 450
The Penatrator volume three Capitol Hell by Chet Cunningham - $ 3 - Total $ 205 - ppg 141
The Penetrator volume four Hijacking Manhattan by Chet Cunningham - $1 - Total $ 206 - ppg 136
The penetrator volume five Mardi Grass Massacre by Chet Cunningham - $1 - Total $207 - ppg 138

March

The Penetrator volume six Tokyo Purple by Chet Cunningham - $1 - Total $1 - ppgs 131
Mystery Crime Thriller volume one Terrorism by Steven Miller - $2 - Total $3 - ppgs 39
Mystery Crime Thriller volume two Terrorism by Steve Miller - $2 - Total $5 - ppgs 40
The Five Kingdoms volume one Wizard Rising by Toby Neighbors - $9 - Total $14 - ppgs 288
The Five Kngdoms volume two Magic Awakening by Toby Neighbors - $15 - Total $29 - ppgs 520
Nick Caine volume three Pyramid of the Gods by JR Rain - $8 - Total $37 - ppgs 131
Nick Caine volume four Curse of the Druids by JR Rain - $8 - Total $45 - ppg 110
The Five Kingdoms volume three Hidden Fire by Toby Neighbors - $15 - Total $60 - ppgs 497
The Human Chronicles Saga volume eleven The Unreachable Stars by TR Harris - $4 - total $64 - ppgs 250
Order of the Black Sun volume one Ice Station Wolfenstien by PW Child - $14 - Total $78 - ppgs 342
Order of the Black Sun volume two Deep Sea One by PW Child - $17 - Total $97 - ppgs 402
Order of the Black Sun volume three Black Sun Rising by PW Child - $17 - Total $114 - ppgs 400
The Five Kingdoms volume four Crying Havock by Toby Neighbors - $14 - total $129 - ppg 400
Order of the Black sun volume four The Quest for Valhalla by PW Child - $15 - Total $144 - ppg 290
The Ashen Court volume one Sentinel by Chad Ballard - $4 - Total $148 - ppgs 351
The Elemental Magic volume one Sorcerer by Michael Nowotny - $9 - Total $157 - ppgs 319
The Elemental Magic volume two Mage by Michael Nowotny - $3 - Total $160 - ppgs 209
The Five Kingdoms volume five Fierce Loyalty by Toby Neighbors $13 - Total $173 - ppgs 324
The Forever Gate volume one The Dream by Isaac Hooke - $10 - Total $183 - ppg 100
The Forever Gate volume two A Second Chance by Isaac Hooke - $14 - total $197 - ppg 177

April

The Five Kingdoms volume five Fierce Loyalty by Toby Neighbors - $13 - Total $13 - ppgs 324
The Pankaran Chronicles volume one The Eight Born by CS Night - $23 - Total $36 - ppgs 409
The Pankaran Chronicles volume two The Dark Rider by CS Night - $24 - Total $60 - ppg 497
The Five Kingdoms volume six Evil Tide by Toby Neighbors - $13 - Total $73 - ppg 438
Magical Empires volume one Witchfinder by Sarah Hoyt - $22 - Total $95 - ppgs 414
Star Watch volume three Boomer by Mark Wayne Mc Ginnis - $5 - Total $99 - pps 330
Time Rats volume one The Troubble with Time by Lexi Revellian - $11 - Total $ 110 - ppg 253
Kingfountain volume one Queen's Poisoner by Jeff Weeler - $15 - Total $125 - ppg 336
The Five Kingdoms volume seven Wizard Falling by Toby Neighbors - $12 - Total $137 - ppg 391
Lusam The Dragon Mage Wars volume one by Dean Cadman - $13 - Total $150 - ppg 336
Lusam The Dragon Mage Wars volume two by Dean Cadman - $13 - Total $163 - ppg 356
Purge of Babylon volume six Isles of Elysium by Sam Sisavath - $14 - Total $177 - ppg 374
Alus volume one The High King by Donald Wigboldy - $20 - Total $197 - ppg 569
The Penetrator volume five Mardi Gras Massacre - $3 - Total $200 - ppg 136
The Five Kingdom's volume eight Chaos Descending by Toby Neighbors - $4 - Total $204 - ppg 313
The Human Chronicles volume twelve When Earth Rain Supreme by TR Harris - $5 - Total $210 - ppg 255
The Five Kingdom's volume nine Into Chaos by toby Neighbors - $3 - Total $213 - ppg 219
Bound to the Abyss colume one Bound to the Abyss by James Vernon - $14 - Total $227 - ppg 296
Half-Elf Chronicles volume one Half-Bloods Rising by JT Williams - $10 - Total $237 - ppg 213
Phoenix volume one Shattered Earth by Rachell Connell - $3 - Total $240 - ppg 159
Bound to the Abyss volume one Bound to the Abyss by James Vernon and Jospehine Hao - $14 - Total $173
Confluence volume two Remanence by Jennifer Foehner Wells - $17 - Total $290
Frontiers Saga volume fifteen That Which Other Men Cannot Do by Ryk Brown - $18 - Total $308 - 638
Tanner volume fifteen Fire with Fire by Remington Kane - $9 - Total $317 - ppg 154
United Federation Marine Corps volume seven Colonel by Johnathan Brazee - $8 - Total $325 - ppg 214
United Federation Marine Corps volume eight Commandant by Johnathan Brazee - $9 - Total $334 - ppg 260
Women of the United Federation Marines volume one Gladiator by Johnathan Brazee - $8 - Total $342 - ppg 233
Tanner volume fourteen A Home to Die For by Remmington Kane - $10 - Total $352 - ppg - 181
Taken! volume sixteen Michael by Remmington Kane - $3 - Total $355 - ppg 143
Tanner volume thirteen Hell for Hire by Remmington Kane - $10 - Total $365 - ppg 147
Tanner volumes ten through twelve Occupation Death, Tanner Times Two and More Dangerous than Man by Remmington Kane - $9 - Total $374
Penetrator volume six Tokyo Purple by Chet Cunningham - $8 - Total $382 - ppg 131
Penetrator volume seven Baja Bandidos by Chet Cunningham - $8 - Total $390 - ppg 130

May

Marc Cole volume one Stop at Nothing by Johnathan Brannan -$1 - Total $1 - ppg 348
Tanner volume ten More Dangerous Than A Man by Remmington Kane - $10 - Total $11 - ppg 238
Tanner volume one Inevitable I by Remington Kane - $11 - Total $21 - ppg 274
Tanner volume two Kill in Plain Sight by Remmington Kane - $10 - Total $31 - ppg 262
Tanner volume three Makeing a Killing on Wall Street by Remmington Kane - $10 - Total $41 - ppg 264
Tanner volume four The First to Die Loses by Remington Kane - $8 - Total $49 - ppg 182
Tanner volume five The Life and Death of Cody Parker by Remmington Kane - $10 - Total $59 - ppg 252
Taken! volume two Secrets & Lies by Remington Kane - $8 - Total $68 - ppg 192
Detective Pierce volume one Monsters by Remmington Kane - $8 - Total $76 - ppg 140
Tanner volume six War by Remingtion Kane - $11 - Total $87 - ppg 288
Tanner volume seven Suicide or Death by Remmington Kane - $10 - Total $97 - ppg 230
Tanner volume eight Two for the Kill by Remmington Kane - $10 - Total $107 - ppg 216
Tanner volume nine Ballet of Death by Remmington Kane - $10 - Total $117 - ppg 204
Tanner box set three Suicide or Death, Two for the Kill and Ballet of Death by Remmington Kane - $9 - Total $126 - ppg 497
Nick Mc Carthy Assassin volume one Cold Blooded Assassin by Benard De Leo - $10 - Total $136 - ppg 313
Tanner box set four More Dangerous Than Man, Tanner Times Two and Occupation: Death - $9 - Total $146 - ppg 487
Tanner volume ten More Dangerous Than Man by Remmington Kane - $10 - Total $156 - ppg 238
Tanner volume eleven Tanner Times Two by Remmington Kane - $10 - Total $166 - ppg 224
The Lizard Queen volume one The Shrinking World by HL Cherryholmes - $13 - Total $179 - ppg 291
Race Wars Season 9 Lambs to the Slaughter by DW Ulsterman - $3 - Total $182 - ppg 84
Fall of Swords volume one The Peasant by Scott Decker - $16 - Total $198 - ppg 281
The Fellowship of the Last volume one The Promise of the Brides by PJ Staab - $1 - Total $199 - ppg 579
Far From Home Chronicles volume one The Cold Light of the Stars by Tony Healey - $3 - Total $202 - ppg 57
Blade Asunder volume one Mercenary by Jon Klin - $10 - Total $212 - ppg 274
Veiled Dagger volume two Assassin's Shadow by Jon Klin - $12 - Total $224 - ppg 270
Blade Asunder volume two Guardian by Jon Klin - $4 - Total $228 - ppg 272
Blade Asunder volume three Warden by Jon Klin - $12 - Total $240 - ppg 253
The Maryshal Stories volume one The Vault of Mysteries by Toby Neighbors - $13 - Total $256 - ppg 324
The Tomb of Gard volume one A Rainbow Rises by Andrew Forkner - $3 - Total $259 - ppg 230
Dragonblood Saga volume one Lyric's Curse by Robyn Weidman - $3 - Total $262 - ppg 330
Blade Asunder volume four Champion by Jon Klin - $12 - Total $274 - ppg 243
The Herridon Chronicles Group one Chronicles of Nathan volume one Mo'Ani's Way by DL Kramer - $10 - Total $284 - ppg 242
Blade Asunder volume five Sentinel by Jon Klin - $12 - Total $296 - ppg 198
The Herridon Chronicles Group one Chronicles of Nathan volume two Helona's Way by DL Kramer - $9 - Total $305 - ppg 226
The Herridon Chronicles Group One Chronicles of Nathan Box Set one The First Three Heridon Chronicles by DL Kramer - $7 - Total $312 - ppg 791
Last Hero volume one Ultra by Matt Blake - $3 - Total $315 - ppg 231
Aliba Saga trilogy one Artisans of Aliba volume one King's Envoy by Cas Peace - $15 - Total $330 - ppg 380
Frontier Saga Rouge Castes Series volume one Escalation by Ryk Brown - $4 - Total $334 - ppg 260

June

Battle Cruiser Alamo volume three Victory or Death by Richard Tongue - $4 - Total $4 - ppg 260
Battle Cruiser Alamo volume four Tip of the Spear by Richard Tongue - $4 - Total $8 - ppg 239
Peacekeepers volume four Eternal Vigilance by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $11 - ppg 244
Peace Keepers volume three Liberty or Death by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $14 - ppg 298
Peacekeepers volume one Birth of the Peacekeepers by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total 17
Peacekeepers volume two Some Gave All by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $20
Upgrade Saga volume one Upgrade Available by Daniel Kirk - $1 - Total $21
Upgrade Saga volume two Upgrade Benefits by Daniel Kirk - $1 - Total $22
Upgrade Saga volume three Upgrade Cancelled by Daniel Kirk $2 - Total $23
Upgrade Saga volume four Upgrade Degrade by Daniel Kirk - $1 - Total $24
A Tale of Mist and Shadow volume one A Tale of Mist and Shadow by MR Laver - $ 4 - Total $28 - ppg 435
Peacekeepers volume five Decent into Madness by Ricky Sides - $3 - total $37
Grug Smash volume one Dicing with the Gods by Sean Mc Kenzie - $6 - Total $43
Grug Smash volume two Stealing from a Sorcerer by Sean Mc Kenzie - $7 - Total $50
Human Chronicles volume thirteen A Clash of Aliens by TR Harris - $5 - Total $55
Peace Keepers volume Six Citadel by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $58
Peace Keepers volume Seven Oh, Say Can You See by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $61
Peace Keepers volume eight The New Apocalypse by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $64
Human Chronicles volume Fourteen Battle-lines by Tr Harris - $4 - Total $69

July

Peace Keepers volume nine Warlord by Ricky Sides - $3 - total $3
Human Chronicles volume fourteen Battle Line by Tr Harris - $4 - Total $7
Peace Keepers volume ten Deception by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $10
Zander volume one Reluctant Mage by RE Donnellan - $3 - Total $13
Joe Triplady volume one Cold by John Sweeny - $10 - Total $23
Ilenian Enigma volume one Marked by Perdro Urvi - $19 - Total $42
Peace Keepers volume eleven Despair by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $45
Nick Mc Carty volume one Cold Blooded Assassin by Benard Lee De Leo - $ 10 - Total $55
Peace Keepers volume twelve War by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $58
Old Ironside volume one Old Ironsides by Dean Crawford by $12 - Total $70
Space Navy volume one Might of Fortitude by Jonathon Fletcher - $1 - $71
Space Navy volume two Morgenstern by Jonathon Fletcher - $1 - $72
Old Ironsides volume two Titan by Dean Crawford - $1 - $73
Space Navy volume three Berserkergang by Jonathon Fletcher $1 - Total $74
Space Navy volume four Zombies by Jonathon Fletcher - $4 - $78
Space Navy volume five Belatu-Cadros by Jonathan Fletcher - $6 - $84
Peace Keepers volume thirteen Wild West by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $87
After it happened volume one Survival by Devon Ford - $3 - Total $90
The Everan Chronicles volume one The Awakening by Adair Heart - $10 - $100
Defending Home volume one Defiance by William Weber - $12 - Total $112
Defending Home volume two A House Divided by William Weber - $12 - Total $124
Surviving the Dead volume four Fire in the Winter by James Cook - $14- Total $138
Green Fields volume one Incubation by Adrienne Leichter - $15 - Total $153
Peace Keepers volume fourteen Redemption by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $156

August

Green Fields volume one Incubation by Adrienne Leichter - $15 - Total $15
Peace Keepers volume fourteen Redemption by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $18
Extinction Cycle volume three Extinction Age by Nicholas Standsbury Smith - $14- Total $32
Extinction Cycle volume four Extinction Evolution by Nicolas Standsbury Smith - $15 - Total $46
Peace Keepers volume fifteen the Base by Ricky sides - $3 - Total $49
The Five Kingdoms volume ten Chaos Reigning by Toby Neighbors - $3 - Total $52
The five kingdoms volume nine Into Chaos by Toby Neighbors - $11 - Total $63
Peace Keepers volume sixteen Alaska by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $66
The Tide volume two breakwater by Anthony Melchiorri - $14 - Total $80
First Circle volume one First Circle Club by Alex Seigel - $13 - Total $93
Grey Spear Society volume one Apocalypse Cult by Alex Seigel - $3 - Total $96
The Sword Empire volume one The Secret of Azuron by JR Kearney - $15 - Total $112
Grey Spear Society volume two Carnival of Mayhem by Alex Seigel - $3 - Total $115
Kyle Achilles volume zero Chasing Ivan by Tom Tinger - $7 - Total $122
Sullivan Saga volume one Sullivan's War by Michael K. Rose - $10 - Total $132
Purge of Babylon volume six Isles of Elysium by Sam Sissvath - $14 - Total $144
Peace Keepers volume seventeen Battle Ship Down by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $147
Grey Spear Society volume three Psychological Damage by Alex Seigel - $3 - Total $150
Peace Keepers volume eighteen Orbit by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $153
Grey Spear Society volume four Involuntary Control by Alex Seigel - $3 - Total $156
Captain's Crucible volume one Flagship by Isaac Hooke - $8 - Total $166
Deckard volume one Reflexive Fire by Jack Murphy - $15 - Total $182
Grey Spear Society volume five Deadly Weakness by Alex Sigel - $3 - Total $185
Peace Keeper volume nineteen New Horizons by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $188
Peace Keeper volume twenty The Guardian by Ricky Sides - $3 - Total $191
Corp Justice volume twelve Sabotage by CG Cooper - $5 - Total $196

September

Grey Spear Society volume six Price of Disrespect by Alex Siegel - $3 - Total $3
Chicago War the complete Series - by Bethany-Kris - $32 - $35
John Reznik volume Hard Road by JB Turner - $5 - Total $40
Omar Zagouri volume one Finding Sheba by HB Moore - $16 - Total $56
Phoenix Quest volume six seal of Solomon by KT Tomb - $ 3 - Total $59
Cash Cassidy volume five the Jaguar God by KT Tomb - $ 3 - Total $62
Sasquatch volume four the Snow Giants by KT Tomb - $3 - Total $65
Nick Cane volume two Treasure of the Deep JR Rain - $8 - Total $73
Nick Cane volume three Pyramids of the Gods by JR Rain $8 - Total $81
Tier One volume one tier one by Brian Andrews - $16 - Total $97
Grey Spear Society volume seven Cheap Tricks by Alex Siegel - $3 - Total $100
Adrien Hell volume six Good Intentions by James P. Sumner - $13 - Total $113
Grey Spear Society volume eight Politics of Blood by Alex Siegel - $3 - Total $116
The British Military Quartet volume one Let Not the Deep by by Mike Lunnon-Wood - $18 - Total $132
Caliber Detective Agency volume one Generations by Remington Kane - $3 - Total $135
Tracey Crosswhite volume three In the Clearing by Robert Dugoni - $16 - Total $153
The Age of Dawn volume one Stormccaller by Evert Martins - $10 - Total $163
The Five Kingdoms volume elevcen Chaos Raging by Toby Neighbors - $3 - total $166
Grey Spear Society volume nine Grim Reflections by Alex Siegel - $3 - Total $169
The Polaris Chronicles volume one Guns of the Temple by Brian Choi - $10 - Total $179
Spellmonger volume one Spellmonger by Terry Mancour - $4 - Total $183
The Crosstime Adventures of Carter Paxton volume one Paxton at Bosworth Field by Stanley Lombardo - $18 - Total $197
Spellmonger volume two warmage by Terry Mancour - $5 - Total $203

October

Spellmonger volume one Spellmonger by Terry Mancour -$4 - Total $4
The Crosstime Adventures of Carter Paxton volume one Paxton at Bosworth Field by Stanley Lombardo - $18 - Total $22
Spellmonger volume two Warmage by Terry Mancour - $5 - Total $27
The Crosstime Adventures of Carter Paxton volume two Paxton in the New World by Stanley Lombardo - $17 - Total $44
Frontiers Saga Part 2 volume one Escalation by Ryk Brown - $11 - Total $55
Traveler's Gate Omnibus edition by Will Wright - $9 - Total $65
Cradle volume one Unsouled by Will Wright - $3 - $68
Star Watch volume four Glory Sea and Space by Mark Wayne MC Ginnis - $13 - Total $81
Technopia volume one Creation by Greg Chase - $13 - Total $94
Spellmonger volume there Magelord by Terry Mancour - $6 - Total $100 - ppg 600
Spellmonger volume 2.1 Victory Soup by Terry Mancour - $1 - Total $101
Tales of the Last Realm volume one The Ordinary World of Gideon Voltaire by Peter Legend - $8 - Total $109
Warp Marines Corps volume one Decisively Engaged by CJ Carella - $10 - Total $119
First Life Fantasy Adventure volume one The Princess of Panajin by Ryan Logan - $13 - Total $132
The Dark Ability volume two The Hearthstone Blade by DK Holmberg - $13 - Total $145
Spell Monger volume three Knights Magi by Terry Mancour - $5 - $150
Spell Monger volume 2.2 The River Mists of Talry by Terry Mancour - $1 - Total $146
Good Intentions volume one Life in Shadows by Elliot Kay - $20 - Total $166
Kin of Kings volume one Kin of Kings by BT Narro - $11 - Total $177
The Kingdom of Denall volume one The Troven by Eric Buffington - $14 - Total $193
The Penetrator volume twenty Radiation Hit by Chet Cunningham $8 - Total $201
The Penetrator volume nineteen Panama Power Play by Chet Cunningham - $8 - Total $209
Spellmonger volume five High Mage by Terry Mancour - $6 - Total $215

November

Spellmonger volume four Knights Magi by Terry Mancour - $6 - Total $6
Spellmonger volume five High Mage by Terry Mancour $6 - Total $12
Penetrator volume seventeen Demented Empire by Chet Cunningham - $3 - Total $15
Pentrator volume eighteen Panama Power Play by Chet Cunningham - $8 - Total $23
The Aldoran Chronicles volume one The White Tower by Michael Wisehart - $17 - Total $40
Dylan Cold volume four Exotic Husbandry by KD Mc Adams - $1 - Total $18
Nick Kane volume six River of the Damned by Aiden James - $10 - Total $28
Nick Kane volume seven Map of the Masons by Aiden James - $10 - Total $38
Purge of Babylon volume ten Masons War by Sam Sissvath - $3 - Total $41
Judas Chronicles volume one Immortal Plague by Aiden James - $11 - Total $52
Order of the Black Sun volume three Black Sun Rising by PW Child - $17 - Total $68
Order of the Black Sun volume four Nazi Gold by PW Child - $14 - Total $82
Spellmonger volume six Journeymage by Terry Mancour - $6 - Total $88
Corp Justicce volume twelve Liberty Down by CG Cooper - $4 - Total $92
Shifting Tides volume one Golden Age by James Maxwell - $15 - Total $107
Shifting Tides volume two Silver Road by James Maxwell - $15 - Total $122
Inter Galactic Wizard Scout volume one Wizard Defiant by Rodney Hartman - $18 - Total $140
Inter Galactic Wizard Scout volume tow Wizard Cadet by Rodney Hartman - $13 - Total $153
Star Wolf Squadron volume one The Log of the Grey Wolf by Shane Van Aulen - $3 - Total $156
Inter Galactic Wizard Scout volume three Wizard Scout by Rodney Hartman - $16 - Total $172

December

Intergalactic Wizard Scout volume three Wizard Scout by Rodney Hartman - $16 - Total $16
The Undead Word volume one The Apocalypse by Peter Meredith - $15 - Total $31
Inter Galatic Wizard Scout volume four Wizard Omega by Rodney Hartman - $15 - Total $46
The Five Kingdoms volume twelve Controlling Chaos by Toby Neighbors - $4 - Total $50
Chronicles of Dragon Series one omnibus volumes one through ten by Craig Hartman - $50 - Total $100
Chronicles of Dragon series one volume two Dragon, Bones and Tombstones by Craig Hartman - $10 - Total $110

Working on

Peacekeepers volume five Descent into Madness by Ricky Sides
Human Chronicles volume thirteen A Clash of Aliens by TR Harris

Last edited by jbcohen; 12-02-2016 at 08:26 AM. Reason: 10
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote