Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-31-2014, 04:15 PM   #1
kalwisti
Enthusiast
kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight
Adding cover thumbnails to the Nook ST (Nook Color & Nook Glowlight): how-to

If your e-book library has a lot of Project Gutenberg (PG) titles, you might like to spice up their generic cover thumbnails with something more attractive. I found some how-to posts on this forum, but none were as detailed as I would've liked. So I decided to write a mini-tutorial, with screenshots.

You will first need to install Calibre and Sigil. After that, it's straightforward (although it involves a fair amount of clicking, especially if you have a large PG ePub collection).

The procedure described works for the Nook Simple Touch, (new) Nook Glowlight and (presumably) the Nook Color. Since I don't own a Nook Color, I couldn't test it firsthand. Although I am unsure about the Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, I suspect this method will probably work ...

The tutorial can be downloaded from my Dropbox "Public" folder, in PDF form:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...thumbnails.pdf
"Adding Book Cover Thumbnails to the Nook Simple Touch with Sigil & Calibre." 30 Oct. 2014.
9 p., 997 KB.
(Typeset with LaTeX and its hyperref package)

The how-to is also freely available on Scribd:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/245137823...-Sigil-Calibre

This might not be the most efficient method, but it uses a GUI-tool approach and it worked well on my two Nook models. I'm pleased with the results.

----- Updated Tutorial for Adding Custom Covers with Sigil -----

https://www.scribd.com/document/3280...ght-with-Sigil

"Adding Custom Cover Thumbnails to the Nook GlowLight with Sigil." 18 Oct. 2016.
11 p., 2 MB.

This tutorial explains how to search for custom cover thumbnails of e-books, embed them into ePub files with Sigil, and get them to display on the Nook GlowLight and/or Nook Simple Touch.

Last edited by kalwisti; 10-19-2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Added new Scribd link; updated info re: new tutorial.
kalwisti is offline   Reply With Quote