Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-08-2018, 01:55 PM   #196
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Hmm, nothing jumps out, everything looks sane here :/.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-08-2018 at 02:01 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:02 PM   #197
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Hmm, nothing jumps out, everything looks sane here :/.
Tried it with the Energy Sistem firmware with same results. Anyone can check on Android 4.2.2 or so ?
iterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #198
iterati
Zealot

The latest one works fine now. From the logs initially I thought it was sqlite but I disregarded it...

Great work everyone, plus the creators of cr, btw. Half a year ago koreader was not usable on my reader (frequent crashes and black bar at the bottom). I tried it again couple months ago and it worked perfectly.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:53 PM   #199
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@iterati: Well, that's thanks to your logs, I completely glossed over that particular discrepancy in the logs when I tested on my own device .

I didn't even mention the fix to you because I *really* didn't think it would make any difference, but I'm glad it did!

(Sure, that was a genuine bug with the *potential* for weird and hard-to-debug crashes like that, but zlib is usually pretty resilient to that particular bit of shenanigan...)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-09-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #200
iterati
Zealot

NiLuJe, the issue remains. I think my mistake, must have used the old version and not the most recent

So anything after 2018-08-07 for Android 4.2.2 is crashing. Tested with the Onyx Boox firmware too, still the same.

Also I noticed that in history it doesn't parse new entries, so it can't display covers if not already there. And of course if attempt to open any epub then it crashes.
Advert
Old 09-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #201
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Excuse me, but it's been a pair of days since I started searching here to find out which version of the app and how to install it and I'm completely lost.

My reader is a Boyue T80s (likebook plus) Android 4.2.2 . I've only found instructions for Kobo, Pocketbook and Kindle. I guess it's similar to Pocketbook.

Last edited by viceant; 09-25-2018 at 09:12 AM.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:26 AM   #202
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Since there is no OTA option for the Android releases of KOReader, the easiest way is to download the .apk file from one of the sites and "sideload" it onto your device. I download the current nightly from http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/ and use the "Save as" to shorten the file name to something manageable. Then I just transfer it from my PC onto my Android device, via USB, and open it there where I an offered the option to install it.

You might want to find a closer site, there are a number listed in the OTA settings.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:19 AM   #203
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Note that OTA mirrors only mirror, well, OTAs, not nightlies, so I'm afraid for Android that's your only choice .
Old 09-25-2018, 01:53 PM   #204
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Since there is no OTA option for the Android releases of KOReader, the easiest way is to download the .apk file from one of the sites and "sideload" it onto your device. I download the current nightly from http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/ and use the "Save as" to shorten the file name to something manageable. Then I just transfer it from my PC onto my Android device, via USB, and open it there where I an offered the option to install it.

You might want to find a closer site, there are a number listed in the OTA settings.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks a lot.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:03 AM   #205
nick2011
nick2011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX+Likebook Mars T80D
Tap zones modification

Hello,

Does anybody know how to change the tap zones for page turning in version 2018.11.1 for Android (version 6.0 on a Likebook Mars T80D)?
I saw in an old post here a reference to the file defaults.lua but I can't find such file in my koreader folder and can't find any other file containing the tap behaviour either.

Thanks.
nick2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:24 AM   #206
nystagmus
Connoisseur
nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Max Lumi 2, Kobo Forma, Topjoy Butterfly E601
Hallo,

is there a way to force refresh on Android? I am trying to use koreader on Tolino Shine 3 but it does not refresh at all, neither in the file Manager nor while reading. The app is running as usuall without any visual update on screen. I tried enabling everything on statusbar but it didnt help.

Coolreader has a similar Problem while reading, an easy Workaround was to enable toolbar, after enabling it coolreader works fine.

Thanks in advanced
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #207
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There's an open issue about Tolino devices. There's nothing we can do for now.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3517
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:54 PM   #208
nystagmus
Connoisseur
nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Max Lumi 2, Kobo Forma, Topjoy Butterfly E601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
There's an open issue about Tolino devices. There's nothing we can do for now.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3517
Oh I see, thank you for the link
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:29 PM   #209
pavo_baxter
pavo_baxter began at the beginning.

Device: inkbook prime hd
I downloaded koreader and installed on my inkbook prime hd
it opens and shows files that i could not see with the normal app.
however, when i try to open a 100mb cbz file (a comic) it crashes while trying to open it.

is it normal? am i running the right version?
pavo_baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:22 AM   #210
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Crashes are never normal, but there was indeed a bug that's been fixed, see here.

You can grab a nightly build from http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/ right now or wait until the new binaries are ready for the 2018.12 release. There's no reason to wait though, because they'll be exactly the same as today's nightly.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote