Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
Hohenrain
Hohenrain began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Memory card not showing up in Windows

I have an Elonex 621. When I connect it to Calibre in Windows (7, 64bit), the inserted memory card is not registered by Calibre (but windows can see and operate both the main memory and the memory card).

When I connect the same device with the same memory card to Calibre running on Ubuntu (12.04, 64 bit and/or 32 bit), everything works fine. There, Calibre detetcs the card and I can send books from Calibre to the memory card without any problem.

Is there a fix for this? I really want to make it work in Windows too.

Thanks in advance.
Hohenrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Why not follow the guidelines in My device is not detected by calibre and supply the info it asks for.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
Hohenrain

Thanks. I did what the post suggests. The problem here is that Calibre does indeed detect my device. I can send books to its main memory on both Windows and Ubuntu. The difference is that Calibre sees the inserted memory card in Ubuntu, but not in Windows.

There is no plugin for my 621, but it detects (in WIndows) as a Cool-er device.

I ran the debug function anyway, but it informs me that my device has already been detected and then nothing happens for five minutes when I ask it to go at it anyway.

I ran the "Get information to setup the user defined device". But I can't figure out what to do with this information:

USB Vendor ID (in hex): 0x1f85
USB Product ID (in hex): 0x1688
USB Revision ID (in hex): 0x0110
Windows Main memory vendor string: COOL-ER
Windows Main memory ID string: EREADER
Windows card A vendor string: COOL-ER
Windows card A ID string: EREADER

Copy these values to the clipboard, paste them into an editor, then enter them into the USER_DEVICE by customising the device plug-in in Preferences->Plug-ins. Remember to also enter the folders where you want the books to be put. You must restart Calibre for your changes to take effect.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
Hohenrain

I figured it out. I hadn't disabled the plugin that Calibre suggested, after I updated the user specified plugin. It's all good now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Tags
callibre, elonex, memory card, ubuntu, windows