Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 12-30-2018, 09:46 AM   #61
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maginus View Post
I asked the aliexpress seller when I would be able to order the Mimas. I was told the 10th of January.
It was said firsts days of December; later, second half and now 10th January...

Whenever I criticized them, It was an exaggeration. Can I now insult them or is it too soon yet?

Last edited by viceant; 12-30-2018 at 09:50 AM.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:06 AM   #62
Jose Manuel S
Enthusiast
Jose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
New info from Goodereader.
Quote:
Boyue Likebook Mimas will be available in a few weeks
December 29, 2018
Sorry guys, more delays.

And Happy New Year!

Last edited by Jose Manuel S; 01-01-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Jose Manuel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:25 AM   #63
Jose Manuel S
Enthusiast
Jose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animals

Unboxing video of multilingual Likebook Mimas, great quality.
Jose Manuel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:06 AM   #64
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
I'm so excited about this device. I have been following the reMarkable and the Boox Max and Note products. I loved the larger size of the Boox devices and the fact that they include speakers... but I absolutely need a frontlight and prefer it to offer a warm night time light. On the Boox thread, one person in particular kept insisting that it is absolutely impossible to have a front light on a ten inch (or larger) screen and insisted we would never see a product like the Likebook Mimas. It was very discouraging, and I am very glad he was wrong.

I bought a Boyue T63+ from Banggood about four years ago and have been very happy with it (after an early firmware update and figuring out how to get a dictionary working.) The frontlight on it is fantastic and much better than the two Kindle Paperwhites I ordered and returned because the frontlights were poor.

I signed up for AliExpress and sent a note to the seller asking about the Early Bird price. I have never ordered from AliExpress, and I was confused by the listing page. It looks like the Mimas is an upgraded version of the Likebook Note, and doesn't actually have its own product page yet... is that correct?

***Okay, I already received a message back that the device will be ready in the middle of January but with limited stock.***

Has anyone here made a pre-order? Are there any other good purchasing options for US buyers?
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:43 AM   #65
Tiby
Tiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogaiu View Post

I got the sense it (if there is only one) might be Booxtor's shop.

Now available for preorder on ereader.store at a very attractive price!
https://ereader.store/en/boyue-likeb...-mimas-43.html
Tiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:08 AM   #66
Asiorent
Asiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheese

I was following the discussion about Mimas equivalent from Onyx and the speculation was that they couldn't make the text sharp enough with three layers, similar like the owners of PW4 complain that the text on older kindles were sharper. Any additional layer should (in theory) make the text less sharp.

What I would like to see is somebody to make a hand to hand comparison of text sharpness between Onyx Boox Note and Likebook Mimas. We know Mimas is a good product (maybe excellent) but until we compare it with similar product how will we know?

If Boyue somehow solved the sharpness although of additional layer than its really great news.
Asiorent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:22 AM   #67
Tiby
Tiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the roughTiby is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Yes, this is precisely what I am waiting for: a video comparison between the Onix Boox Note and Boyue Likebook Mimas. I can't decide which one to buy. Mimas is cheaper, has frontlight and better specs, but I am concerned about the writing experience, how if feels to write on a glass layer with a matte screen protector compared to writing on the Onyx Boox Note plastic screen.
Tiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:13 AM   #68
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Manuel S View Post
Unboxing video of multilingual Likebook Mimas, great quality.
Goodereader review:
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:53 AM   #69
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
Now available for preorder on ereader.store at a very attractive price!

https://ereader.store/en/boyue-likeb...-mimas-43.html
Arrivals expected mid February....😮
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:07 AM   #70
JS_F
Connoisseur
JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.

Device: Sony DPT RP1, Remarkable
According to the Boox's salesperson, Boox Note Pro will release in April 2019. It seems like a Boox Note Plus with front light and 4 GB RAM. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=aljzg_Gx9To

Another competitor for Mimas.
JS_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:55 AM   #71
Antonio7
Antonio7 began at the beginning.

Device: various
On paper, it looks like a nice device (128Gb micoSD card, page turn buttons).
Will it be possible to uninstall Google bloatwares (googleplay, gmail, gmaps, youtube..) ?
Antonio7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:41 PM   #72
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio7 View Post
On paper, it looks like a nice device (128Gb micoSD card, page turn buttons).
Will it be possible to uninstall Google bloatwares (googleplay, gmail, gmaps, youtube..) ?
Do we know for certain those are factory installed? I have a smaller Android Boyue eReader from several years back, and it didn't have any of those installed. Granted, the Mimas will have much greater memory and processing power, but I would expect the firmware to be optimized for long battery life and not like the Android you get on phones. It is supposed to have Google Play though.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:15 PM   #73
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio7 View Post
I am using the predecessor of the Mimas, the Likebook Note, and while i didn't try to uninstall the included Google apps due to lacking root access, it was easily possible to just disable them.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:21 PM   #74
simple
simple began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650
Mine's on the way

Looking forward to it, will post thoughts! Am using to read PDFs for work, and am hoping password-protection for the whole device is an option (I assume so?)

Am also hoping Onenote for Android will work.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:57 AM   #75
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
Looking forward to it, will post thoughts! Am using to read PDFs for work, and am hoping password-protection for the whole device is an option (I assume so?)

Am also hoping Onenote for Android will work.
Should have at least Pin Lock option but if it's like the mars it will show a split second the last viewed content before you see the lock screen as it wakes up. You can see that frame but not click anything so still secure. As for the data if it's not encrypted I imagine you could probably dump the rom via recovery if one was smart enough with enough time so I would refrain from keeping sensitive stuff on it perhaps.

Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote