Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #361
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Plato 0.6.4

I've released 0.6.4.

A new application, called Calculator, was added. It's a simple wrapper around Rob Pike's ivy. If bin/lib.ivy exists it will be loaded through the )get command. Use the )save command carefully: it overwrites the path given as argument. Don't use non-ASCII characters as input or output: this will lead to crashes.

List of other changes:
  • Unicode's UAX #14 is used in the paragraph breaking process.
  • Local links are resolved (mainly footnotes).
  • An input field's cursor can be moved by tapping at the intended position.

The hyphenation bounds are ignored for certain words. I have reported this bug.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:51 AM   #362
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
CSS issue:

I have across this issue in Plato:

The book I am reading has chapter titles coded so that they refer to a separate html page for the title like this -

<h1 class="h10"><a id="a158" name="25392"></a><a href="../Text/part0002.xhtml#a5">May 1453, C.E. The Death of the Magician</a></h1>

This should pick up this chapter title

<p class="p4"><a href="../Text/part0007.xhtml#a158">May 1453, C.E. The Death of the Magician</a></p>

However, Plato does not seem to be able to find the href, so I end up with a blank space on the page where the chapter heading should be.

I have tried the book using KoReader, Kobo default and the default reader on my PocketBook Touch HD and none have any issue producing the chapter title correctly.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2019, 07:53 AM   #363
Name28
Enthusiast
Name28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo_glo, Kobo_glo_HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
The ePUB's CSS might be setting some padding–margin on the body element.
Could not make it work, margins of page remain the same. For me, it looks like the waste of space.
Anyway, without status bar (read/all pages at least) I can not use it at all...
Thanks.
Name28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:33 AM   #364
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
Plato does not seem to be able to find the href
This should be fixed by 7308a12.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:00 AM   #365
baskerville
Evangelist

I'd like to share the method used to generate the ePUB shown in the third screenshot of the first post.

Prerequisites:
The main script is md2epub. It relies on a pandoc filter.

The input markdown file is metamorphosis.md, the output ePUB was generated with md2epub metamorphosis.md.
Attached Files
File Type: zip metamorphosis.zip (2.3 KB, 161 views)
Advert
Old 01-22-2019, 11:43 AM   #366
baskerville
Evangelist

I've straced Nickel on my Aura ONE while using the fast page flip feature: it uses the A2 mode (with the monochrome flag) and software halftoning.

I was wondering what might be used on the mark7 devices? Are the new dithering flags involved?
Old 01-22-2019, 01:58 PM   #367
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not that I recall as far as this stuff is concerned (And as far as the dithering flags are concerned, I've never seen it use anything than PASSTHROUGH, FWIW).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #368
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ooohkay, I lied .

QuickTurns:
Code:
[pid   180] 21:25:43 [724771f6] ioctl(3, MXCFB_SEND_UPDATE, {update_region={top=0, left=0, width=1440, height=1920}, waveform_mode=NTX_WFM_MODE_A2, update_mode=UPDATE_MODE_PARTIAL, update_marker=66, temp=TEMP_USE_AMBIENT, flags=EPDC_FLAG_FORCE_MONOCHROME, dither_mode=EPDC_FLAG_USE_DITHERING_FLOYD_STEINBERG|EPDC_FLAG_USE_DITHERING_ATKINSON, quant_bit=1, alt_buffer_data={phys_addr=0, width=0, height=0, alt_update_region={top=0, left=0, width=0, height=0}}}, 0x7ecdc2f8) = 0

KePub on a page with basically only an image (i.e., cover)
Code:
[pid   180] 21:31:15 [724771f6] ioctl(3, MXCFB_SEND_UPDATE, {update_region={top=0, left=0, width=1440, height=1920}, waveform_mode=NTX_WFM_MODE_GC16, update_mode=UPDATE_MODE_FULL, update_marker=281, temp=TEMP_USE_AMBIENT, flags=0, dither_mode=EPDC_FLAG_USE_DITHERING_FLOYD_STEINBERG|EPDC_FLAG_USE_DITHERING_ATKINSON, quant_bit=7, alt_buffer_data={phys_addr=0, width=0, height=0, alt_update_region={top=0, left=0, width=0, height=0}}}, 0x7ecdc2f8) = 0
[pid   180] 21:31:15 [724771f6] ioctl(3, MXCFB_WAIT_FOR_UPDATE_COMPLETE, {update_marker=280, collision_test=0}, 0x7ecdc2e0) = 0
[pid   180] 21:31:15 [724771f6] ioctl(3, MXCFB_WAIT_FOR_UPDATE_COMPLETE, {update_marker=281, collision_test=0}, 0x7ecdc2e0) = 0x1bd
EDIT: Which means it's probably actually EPDC_FLAG_USE_DITHERING_ORDERED (because 1 | 2 == 3), which makes more sense, considering how the dithering pattern looks.

I should fix my strace patch to decode that better.

EDIT²: Yup.
Code:
[pid   181] 21:49:56 [7239e1f6] ioctl(3, 0x4048462e /* MXCFB_SEND_UPDATE */, {update_region={top=0, left=0, width=1440, height=1920}, waveform_mode=0x2 /* NTX_WFM_MODE_GC16 */, update_mode=0x1 /* UPDATE_MODE_FULL */, update_marker=62, temp=0x1000 /* TEMP_USE_AMBIENT */, flags=0, dither_mode=0x3 /* EPDC_FLAG_USE_DITHERING_FLOYD_STEINBERG|EPDC_FLAG_USE_DITHERING_ATKINSON */, quant_bit=7, alt_buffer_data={phys_addr=0, width=0, height=0, alt_update_region={top=0, left=0, width=0, height=0}}}, 0x7e8da2f8) = 0
[pid   181] 21:49:56 [7239e1f6] ioctl(3, 0xc008462f /* MXCFB_WAIT_FOR_UPDATE_COMPLETE */, {update_marker=61, collision_test=0}, 0x7e8da2e0) = 0
[pid   181] 21:49:56 [7239e1f6] ioctl(3, 0xc008462f /* MXCFB_WAIT_FOR_UPDATE_COMPLETE */, {update_marker=62, collision_test=0}, 0x7e8da2e0) = 0x1bd

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-22-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:01 PM   #369
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Fun fact: the Forma (and I'm guessing other Mk. 7 devices, and potentially the Kindle Oasis 2 & PaperWhite 4, too) doesn't actually support anything other than PASSTHROUGH & ORDERED .

c.f., pxp_dithering_process @ drivers/dma/pxp/pxp_dma_v3.c

Requesting something else indeed triggers the "Unsupported dithering mode" warning .

Also, requesting dithering on a specific region (as opposed to the full-screen) may noticeably shift things around on the horizontal axis in that region (possibly because of PxP alignment constraints).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-27-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:18 AM   #370
mathieulh
mathieulh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma 32GB
Is there a way to invert the next/previous physical buttons (from the Forma) on Plato? (Or KOReader for that matter?)
mathieulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:16 AM   #371
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yes, in both cases ([Gear]? > Navigation > Invert page turn buttons in KOReader, and, err, somewhere easily accessible that I can't remember OTOH in Plato).
Old 02-09-2019, 03:49 AM   #372
panweihwa
panweihwa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
The Plato Can not properly displayed unicode book title

Dear All:

I found a problem that Plato can't display unicode book title, as shown in the photo. I have tried to change CSS but it didn't work.

Last edited by panweihwa; 02-09-2019 at 03:52 AM.
panweihwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:07 PM   #373
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by panweihwa View Post
I found a problem that Plato can't display unicode book title, as shown in the photo.
This was reported as #36.

I already fixed it in a local branch.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:36 PM   #374
chronoreverse
Enthusiast
chronoreverse is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Running this using the one-click package and it's working well for me. Thank you!

One odd thing though. When I choose to power off, it instead starts up Nickel but not with a true reboot either. Is this something that has a setting?

One thing that would be a nice feature. When reading PDFs or CBZs, particularly in cropped mode, it would be nice for Plato to shift to the next segment of the the page when I use the left/right tap areas. That is, I'd be able to read the top half of the page, tap, then it shifts to the bottom half (if the page is very long, then shift to the next segment). With the next tap it would go to the next page.
chronoreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:43 AM   #375
k1sh
k1sh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thumbs up Great reader!

Thank you so much. I was looking for something that supports color inversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
Plato is a document reader for Kobo's e-readers.

It was tested on the following devices:
  • Forma.
  • Aura H₂O Edition 2.
  • Aura Edition 2.
  • Aura ONE (FW 4.10.11655).
  • Glo HD (FW 4.12.12111).
  • Aura H₂O.
  • Aura (FW 4.12.12111).
  • Glo.
  • Touch C.

I wrote a guide and a manual.
k1sh is offline   Reply With Quote