Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-13-2019, 09:46 PM   #1
lori87
Connoisseur
lori87 doesn't litterlori87 doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Angry Koreader not launching anymore on my kobo after update!

I have Kobo Auro H2O Edition 2 reader, I put some new books on it and when I did it updated to device version 4.12.12111

Now when I click the koreader image in books to launch koreader it just launches the image and NOT koreader, I'm so upset because I did NOT want to update my device.

Is it possible to get it working or did they patch it or something so koreader doesnt work anymore?
lori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:58 PM   #2
lori87
Connoisseur
lori87 doesn't litterlori87 doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Nevermind just reinstalled the whole thing from scratch and it worked again, I lost my dictionaries and stuff and images and screensavers but if there was an easier way ot fix plz let me know
lori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:41 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
A firmware update will wipe KFMon/fmon, which will obviously prevent it from launching stuff until you reinstall said launcher .

That's perfectly normal, and documented.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-14-2019 at 12:45 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:51 PM   #4
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
KSM can intercept firmware upgrade and you can choose to do partial update, which saves crucial files from being overwritten, thus keeping KSM.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:12 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In KFMon's case, it's a safety precaution more than anything: in the (unlikely) event a FW update would horribly break it, being disabled ensures it won't cause a boot loop.

But, perhaps more interestingly, it also ensures that it won't clash with fmon or KSM (as in, only one of them will ever be active, because the opposite would be potentially very bad).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-14-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:42 PM   #6
petrovich
Connoisseur
petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: none
Well, I've just got the same problem. Tried fmon reinstall, but it doesn't seem to help(the behavior didn't change). Any ideas what should I check? TIA
petrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:02 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!

fmon has probably been severely hobbled, if not entirely broken, by a behvaior change introduced in FW 4.13.

I worked it around if KFMon, so, make sure you're either using a current KFMon version, or that you're using KSM.