Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 12-26-2018, 07:44 AM   #1
toliman3
toliman3 began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision HD4
where are my books on computer

Hi all,

When I connect the Tolino HD4 to my Mac via USB, in spite of the fact that I have books on the e-reader, all folders (in particular Books and Downloads) are empty?
toliman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:34 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by toliman3 View Post
Hi all,

When I connect the Tolino HD4 to my Mac via USB, in spite of the fact that I have books on the e-reader, all folders (in particular Books and Downloads) are empty?
In Linux I have to set my file manager to show hidden files. Once I've done that, I can go into the .tolino folder (dot at the beginning of the directory name signifies "hidden") and then look under the documents folder. I'm not sure how you show hidden directories on the Mac (on Linux Mint is just hitting Control+H).

Your side-loaded books should show up in the Books folder at the root directory, but I'm guessing you're looking for books you've bought online.

Last edited by rcentros; 12-26-2018 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Replaced "Documents" with "Books"
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:31 AM   #3
toliman3
toliman3 began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision HD4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
In Linux I have to set my file manager to show hidden files. Once I've done that, I can go into the .tolino folder (dot at the beginning of the directory name signifies "hidden") and then look under the documents folder. I'm not sure how you show hidden directories on the Mac (on Linux Mint is just hitting Control+H).

Your side-loaded books should show up in the Books folder at the root directory, but I'm guessing you're looking for books you've bought online.
Thank you! Found it. Cheers, Bob.
toliman3 is offline   Reply With Quote