Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 02-12-2016, 11:59 PM   #76
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Appeared firmware from 2 February 2016 for books Boyue series T61 and T62 revisions: B, C, and D.
Who will update, please unsubscribe.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:29 AM   #77
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I updated.Everything went well. Bootup screen is different (funny actually...besides the border). Few options in settings that wasnt there before. Dont know what they do.

Wish they would install a damn dictionary lol since thats the only thing Im having trouble with.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2016, 01:50 AM   #78
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
Appeared firmware from 2 February 2016 for books Boyue series T61 and T62 revisions: B, C, and D.
Thank you for the update. I like the previous one you posted so much, and my device has been working so flawlessly, I'm not sure if I want to risk changing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
I updated.Everything went well. Bootup screen is different (funny actually...besides the border). Few options in settings that wasnt there before. Dont know what they do.

Wish they would install a damn dictionary lol since thats the only thing Im having trouble with.
I would love to know any additional details about the upgrade as you use it.

As for the dictionary... I struggled for a long time trying to resolve that issue. I fussed around with various apps and spent way too many hours trying to find answers. As it turned out, I didn't actually need ForaDict or ColorDict or any of the others I tried. There does seem to be a dictionary function that is built-in, and it works with StarDict dictionaries, which I struggled to find in the public domain until I found these here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=FB7FC2...385A72&group=0

These StarDict dictionaries are supposed to be available under a free public domain license. I downloaded the "wikt-en-en-2015-07-17" folder from there.

I made a "Dict" folder in the root of my Boyue...

I unzipped and copied the "wikt-en-en-2015-07-17" folder to the Dict folder, and it works well with FBReader - the definitions pop-up automatically when you highlight a word and press the little DICT option. No extra program necessary. So it seems there actually is an in-built dictionary function after all.

The only problem with this free wikt-en-en-2015-07-17 dictionary is that it doesn't handle plurals and various tenses as you would expect. For example, it will just give the definition of 'words' as 'the plural of 'word'... which is not at all helpful. You can probably find a better StarDict option though with some searching. I know many people here found a good copy. For some reason I have struggled to locate a good source. Also, I didn't try it, but maybe some of the other folders in the link I posted would resolve this problem.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Last edited by blue_skies; 02-15-2016 at 12:33 AM.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:49 PM   #79
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Not sure about the new update. Seems to me my battery life dropped but not sure yet. Wasnt paying much attention to date and time I charged. Got to keep an eye out for the next few charge cycles and track the date and times etc.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:34 AM   #80
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not sure about the new update. Seems to me my battery life dropped but not sure yet. Wasnt paying much attention to date and time I charged. Got to keep an eye out for the next few charge cycles and track the date and times etc.
Interesting. Please followup if you are able to track it.
Advert
Old 02-15-2016, 01:50 AM   #81
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

I tried your dictionary and the inbook lookup did work. Didnt change anything but the dictionary. You installed dictionaries in the Pocketbook and Nooks ereaders in a similar fashion so I knew I was doing it right. Guess the dictionary I had was broken and finding it was a pain in the butt. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:20 AM   #82
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
I tried your dictionary and the inbook lookup did work. Didnt change anything but the dictionary. You installed dictionaries in the Pocketbook and Nooks ereaders in a similar fashion so I knew I was doing it right. Guess the dictionary I had was broken and finding it was a pain in the butt. Thanks.
I'm glad that worked for you.

I never had a Nook or any other Android device, and had no idea it could be that simple. It seemed like every time people posted about StarDict, they always mentioned using it with a program like ColorDict or ForaDict etc. (which I had issues with,) so it never even occurred to me that an additional program was not necessary to have definitions pop-up in book.

It was only reading the support documentation for the ICARUS Illumina that gave me the idea to try it on the Boyue.

Last edited by blue_skies; 02-15-2016 at 02:22 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:31 PM   #83
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Ok just an update on the newest firmware. I guess I wasnt paying attention to the details when I first updated thinking the battery was draining faster. So far seems on par with what it was, Ill keep ya posted after a full discharge.

I am rooted btw and running SetCPU at recommended settings.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:32 AM   #84
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Ok a little update. Battery has been doing great. I read a lot, at work throughout the day and usually at least 3 hours in the evening. So I would say 5 hours a day give or take a half hour. Im currently heading into a 5 day charge and I have 53% as of now. Wifi off, SetCPU running and light on (low light using the slider in settings/notification area) 3 to 4 hours. Also a ton less light flickers.

blue_skies I switched to the web1913 (Webster 1913) dictionary its by far better. Does plurals properly and has a lot more words in it than the one you suggested. Has a lot more details regarding the word etc. Give it a try.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 02-18-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:38 PM   #85
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
blue_skies I switched to the web1913 (Webster 1913) dictionary its by far better. Does plurals properly and has a lot more words in it than the one you suggested. Has a lot more details regarding the word etc. Give it a try.
Thank you so much for that. I tried it and it does list definitions for plurals and other words that the other database didn't list. The only problem was that, for me, the definition windows tended to be too cluttered. Also, I tried to get the definition for the word "players" and there was no definition. Not that I needed a definition for that word, of course, but I was testing various words and was shocked that nothing showed up for that even though plurals were displaying fine.

These issues inspired me to try Wordnet again. (It's the free dictionary project by Princeton.) It still was not working with the in-built dictionary function... but then I found a copy of it in the Stardict format.

You can find it here, if you're interested - http://download.huzheng.org/dict.org/ It is the second listing, the Wordnet tarball. Just unzip and you will see the .dz .idx and .ifo files.

I really like this one, and so far it has had a nice, concise definition for every word I have tried.

Thanks also for the battery update. I am glad the new update is not causing battery problems. I'm still not sure if there are any improvements that will make it worthwhile for me to upgrade, since my T62+ is working so well now.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:35 PM   #86
qariwa55
Enthusiast
qariwa55 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Boyue T62D FW update

Quote:
I am sorry to be such a novice/newbie with this stuff. I have a new Boyue T62D, which I rooted and on which I installed Google Play. It is working well except that now and then the screen freezes and I have to reset and reboot.

I would like to update the firmware from the stock FW (Build number Boyue-Ereader_V1.1.1-2015092422). I downloaded the T62D-OTA-160202.7z file following the link above. But now I do not know what to do. I copied it to my SD card and nothing happened when I rebooted. I have read most of this thread and it looks like there should be a really simple solution, but I cannot figure it out.

Thanks in advance.
qariwa55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:25 PM   #87
qariwa55
Enthusiast

Oops, sorry, I solved the problem, which was very trivial. I use Mac OS. The 7sX app, which was the default to open 7z files, errored out. After using The Unarchiver.app to unarchive, everything went fine. My update went without a hitch.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:09 PM   #88
qariwa55
Enthusiast

Battery problems and "cover"

After updating using the update.img file for build number 2016020118, things are working fine except that the battery is running down quickly. I think it is because I frequently get the error message "Unfortunately, cover has stopped." I notice that this has the effect of waking my reader up from sleep, so that it never shuts down unless I actually power down or turn it off (even with shutdown set at 20 minutes).

Can anybody explain to me what "Unfortunately cover has stopped" means, and how I can fix my ereader so that this error no longer occurs?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #89
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Gonyx version 1.7.4 is in the cloud (possible further changes and additions to the software)

General changes:
1. In the status line has changed indication of status of battery, now it shows in percentage.
2. In status line-added touch buttons: "Back", "Lock/off Menu. power", "Menu of recent applications".
3. In shutdown Menu added ability to reboot in Recovery mode
4. The library has added support for the fbz file format instead of zip files, what would it did not fall zip archives that are not books.
After scanning the libraries of the fbz file will show the cover and the real title of the book.
5. Updated Google Play store to version 6.0.5 and Google Service to version 8.7.03
6. In addition to the stock dictionary ColorDict installed.
7. Integrated: Doncova Book and Akunin Book
8. Replaced Pico TTS to Vocalizer Expressive (Not to be removed or Onyx dictionary correctly will not work).
9. Added Fonts.

Last edited by FOV; 03-22-2016 at 05:15 AM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:45 PM   #90
mising
Enthusiast
mising began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx InkBook, Kindle Oasis, Fire HD 8
Quote:
Gonyx version 1.7.4 is in the cloud Preview (possible further changes and additions to the software)

General changes:
1. In the status line has changed indication of status of battery, now it shows in percentage.
2. In status line-added touch buttons: "Back", "Lock/off Menu. power", "Menu of recent applications".
3. In shutdown Menu added ability to reboot in Recovery mode
4. The library has added support for the fbz file format instead of zip files, what would it did not fall zip archives that are not books.
After scanning the libraries of the fbz file will show the cover and the real title of the book.
5. Updated Google Play store to version 6.0.5 and Google Service to version 8.7.03
6. In addition to the stock dictionary ColorDict installed.
7. Integrated: Doncova Book and Akunin Book
8. Replaced Pico TTS to Vocalizer Expressive (Not to be removed or Onyx dictionary correctly will not work).
9. Added Fonts.
Will this work on the T61D? If not will you be putting out a version? I really love the current Gonyx on my T61. Thank you!

Last edited by mising; 03-19-2016 at 03:25 PM.
mising is offline   Reply With Quote