Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
Totalitarian
TotaLITarian
Totalitarian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Irex DR1000s, Irex DR800sg
Possible to export notes to PC on DR800 ?

Hello everyone!

One of my favorite features of the DR1000, is the ability to export annotations and notes to the computer. Does anyone know if this is possible with the DR800?
Totalitarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
I assume you use the 1.x firmware on the DR1000. DR800 has 2.0 firmware which uses a different format for annotations. The only way I know of to export annotations is to use the Xournal port for the DR. It's able to import the annotations and export to pdf.
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
to my knowledge, the DR800 has the capacity to save annotations on pdf files using the built-in reader, both with the new firmware and with Iņigo's DR800+ (and so does the DR1000 with the new firmware and with Mackx's hack, or am I missing something,
aah yes, maybe the annotations do not export to the pc?); another great feature of xournal is that you can in addition export notes as .irx files which can be treated by ocr programs on the pc

Last edited by fekhner; 07-24-2011 at 10:12 AM.
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
Totalitarian
TotaLITarian
Totalitarian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Irex DR1000s, Irex DR800sg
Rvs, Thanks alot for the reply! I installed xournal and its able to import notes nicely.
Fekhner, thanks for your reply as well, I will need to install the + firmwire on it too.

On a side note, Xournal seems good enough for me to use instead of the default note application but the speed at which written things appear is too slow. Does anyone know if there is a way to have it write at a speed close to that of the default note application ?
Totalitarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:06 AM   #5
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalitarian View Post
On a side note, Xournal seems good enough for me to use instead of the default note application but the speed at which written things appear is too slow. Does anyone know if there is a way to have it write at a speed close to that of the default note application ?
See this post from Mackx.
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 04:21 AM   #6
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

you have to enable the experimental update option
Old 07-24-2011, 04:42 AM   #7
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalitarian View Post
Enable Options -> Experimental Update.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:12 AM   #8
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Maybe I should enable the experimental update by default if I create a new release of xournal. Most new users seem to 'stumble' on this option.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:15 AM   #9
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Maybe I should enable the experimental update by default if I create a new release of xournal. Most new users seem to 'stumble' on this option.
I'm not a heavy user of Xournal, but it has never crashed for me with this option enabled.

Last edited by Iņigo; 07-24-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #10
fekhner
Addict

I agree: it has never crashed for me as well with this option enabled and it is only with this option that the application is really useful ...