Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 05:48 PM   #811
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
The Bible Knowledge Commentary: Law by John F. Walvoord and Roy B. Zuck is free from David C. Cook. "Law" refers to the Pentateuch.

B&N
Kobo
Google Play
Amazon
There are several more of that series on sale. One or more run only through today (2/13 EST).
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:13 PM   #812
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
The Bible Knowledge Commentary: Law by John F. Walvoord and Roy B. Zuck is free from David C. Cook. "Law" refers to the Pentateuch.

B&N
Kobo
Google Play
Amazon
Thanks!
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:25 PM   #813
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
There are several more of that series on sale. One or more run only through today (2/13 EST).
These are Great on Kindle books. Instead of the normal 25% credit, they offer a 75% credit.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:13 AM   #814
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Two more of the Credo audio courses are free.

The first one is from an email I got on Monday. It said it was only available for 24 hours, but I was able to get it just now.

The Historical Reliability of the Gospels by Craig Blomberg

Blomberg is a respected scholar and has written several books that champion the historical reliablity of the Gospels. His textbook Jesus and the Gospels from B&H Academic has been on sale for something like $5 before, so some of you may have it in your collections.

The other one is in an email that I just got today.

The Discipleship Program by C. Michael Patton.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:37 PM   #815
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Two more of the Credo audio courses are free.

The first one is from an email I got on Monday. It said it was only available for 24 hours, but I was able to get it just now.

The Historical Reliability of the Gospels by Craig Blomberg

Blomberg is a respected scholar and has written several books that champion the historical reliablity of the Gospels. His textbook Jesus and the Gospels from B&H Academic has been on sale for something like $5 before, so some of you may have it in your collections.

The other one is in an email that I just got today.

The Discipleship Program by C. Michael Patton.
I tend to check my email about twice a month. I see so many expired offers.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:17 PM   #816
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In exchange for signing up for (a) newsletter(s), The Good Book Co. will provide you an opportunity to download, for free, Steven J. Lawson's Philippians for You.

This is a $10 book at Amazon. The number of pages, according to Amazon, is 243.

The ebook has great ratings "everywhere."

This ebook is "A joyful expository guide showing how to live whole-heartedly, distinctively and hopefully, whatever our circumstances."

If memory serves me correctly, you can download the ebook in ePub and/or mobi, but not PDF.

https://www.thegoodbook.com/free-ebook?

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-21-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:37 PM   #817
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Hints Concerning the Augsburg, Fortress, Augsburg Fortress $4.99 Sale Going on NOW.

I thought that someone had posted the "Augsburg Fortress" sale, which is currently going on, in which gazillions of ebooks currently are priced at $4.99 each. I looked "high and low," though, and did not find a post about it, on this thread or on a specially-created thread (my apologies if someone did!).

May I offer a couple of pieces of advice if you are one who checks out the sale?
1) Search for the ebooks using "Augsburg Fortress" as the search terms. You might also find some other $4.99 books by searching just for "Fortress Publishing," or "Augsburg Publishing," or something to that effect.

Someone in this forum--I've forgotten who, now (my apologies!), and I couldn't find the post about it--put us on to this hack: you might also find more by putting the search terms within quotes ("search terms"). I don't know why, but searching for Eerdmans deals, that way ("Eerdmans"), yields additional hits.

2) Search prices from "low to high." When the prices start increasing from $4.99, don't quit. Keep on going for a page or two, and $4.99 prices resume again for a short way).

3) Don't dawdle. I don't think that Augsburg and/or Fortress announced when the sale will end.

Happy bargain hunting!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-23-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:13 PM   #818
Fluribus
Guru

Quote:
I thought that someone had posted the "Augsburg Fortress" sale, which is currently going on, in which gazillions of ebooks currently are priced at $4.99 each. I looked "high and low," though, and did not find a post about it, on this thread or on a specially-created thread (my apologies if someone did!).
I posted it last year. I haven't seen any posts on it this year. I was just thinking it was probably about time for it to roll around again.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:43 AM   #819
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I posted it last year. I haven't seen any posts on it this year. I was just thinking it was probably about time for it to roll around again.
My, time has flown. It feels that way the longer that I live.

Anyway, there is a sale on the Augsburg/Fortress, Augsburg, and Fortress titles, for $4.99 each, regardless of whether or not anyone mentioned it earlier.

I checked Augsburg and Fortress individually (with quotes around them, I think). Some were repeats from the "Augsburg/Fortress" search, but not all. I found one, doing that search, that is a real gem.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-24-2019 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:08 AM   #820
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

BIG Sale on Select Warren Wiersbe "Be" Series Titles--99 Cents/79 Cents!

There is a new round of Warren W. Wiersbe's "Be" series books on sale.

Unfortunately, there apparently is no free title offered, as has been the case in previous sales of these at Amazon. <-----hyperbolic frown

The sale is scheduled to end March 5.

Here are the sale titles at Amazon. They are all 99 cents each, except as noted:
- Be Distinct (2 Kings & 2 Chronicles).
- Be Right (Romans).
- Be Confident (Hebrews).
- Be Successful (1 Samuel).
- Be Daring (Acts 13-28).
- Be Obedient (Genesis 12-25).
- Be Reverent (Ezekiel).
- Be Authentic (Genesis 25-50).
- Be Equipped (Deuteronomy).
- Be Heroic (Minor Prophets).
- Be Transformed (John 13-21).
- Be Restored (2 Samuel).
- Be Alert (2 Peter, 2 & 3 John, Jude).
- Be Diligent (Mark).
- Be Holy (Leviticus).
- Be Compassionate (Luke 1-13).
- Be Encouraged (2 Corinthians) (Note: 79 cents).
17 volumes, in all.

Christianbook.com has the same titles for 79 cents each. Please note that these are all in the ePub format (DRM-Free, if the one that I spot-checked is representative of all of them). Also, they have one additional volume on sale, that Amazon does not have on sale:
- Be Decisive (Jeremiah).

If you are trying to complete a set, or just would like a volume for a special purpose, I hope that you will find, in this sale, one or more of the volumes that you need!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-28-2019 at 05:12 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:20 PM   #821
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
^ Thanks Gtrs! I needed a few of those, and had some shipping savings credits to burn. I now have Wiersbe coverage on 57.5 of the 66 books.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:25 PM   #822
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
^ Thanks Gtrs! I needed a few of those, and had some shipping savings credits to burn. I now have Wiersbe coverage on 57.5 of the 66 books.
Okay, the suspense is killing me--how can you have .5 of a book?

I'm glad that you made the post--I'm sure that I lack one or more of the volumes myself, and I had forgotten about checking! But that's the way that I am--always thinking about others before I think of myself.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:41 AM   #823
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
There is a new round of Warren W. Wiersbe's "Be" series books on sale.

Unfortunately, there apparently is no free title offered, as has been the case in previous sales of these at Amazon. <-----hyperbolic frown

The sale is scheduled to end March 5.

Here are the sale titles at Amazon. They are all 99 cents each, except as noted:
- Be Distinct (2 Kings & 2 Chronicles).
- Be Right (Romans).
- Be Confident (Hebrews).
- Be Daring (Acts 13-28).
- Be Obedient (Genesis 12-25).
- Be Reverent (Ezekiel).
- Be Authentic (Genesis 25-50).
- Be Equipped (Deuteronomy).
- Be Heroic (Minor Prophets).
- Be Transformed (John 13-21).
- Be Restored (2 Samuel).
- Be Diligent (Mark).
- Be Holy (Leviticus).
- Be Encouraged (2 Corinthians) (Note: 79 cents).
17 volumes, in all.

Christianbook.com has the same titles for 79 cents each. Please note that these are all in the ePub format (DRM-Free, if the one that I spot-checked is representative of all of them). Also, they have one additional volume on sale, that Amazon does not have on sale:
- Be Decisive (Jeremiah).

If you are trying to complete a set, or just would like a volume for a special purpose, I hope that you will find, in this sale, one or more of the volumes that you need!
For what it's worth, the following have dropped in price to 79 cents, at Amazon:
- Be Right (Romans).
- Be Reverent (Ezekiel).
- Be Holy (Leviticus).
Old 03-02-2019, 12:15 PM   #824
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Okay, the suspense is killing me--how can you have .5 of a book?

I'm glad that you made the post--I'm sure that I lack one or more of the volumes myself, and I had forgotten about checking! But that's the way that I am--always thinking about others before I think of myself.
You can certainly have a book that covers 1/2 of a Bible book. Here is my list of books. In some cases a book only covers 1/3 of a Bible book, for example Genesis. Some of the Be books actually cover more than one Bible book.

Be Basic (Genesis 1-11)
Be Obedient (Genesis 12-25)
Be Authentic (Genesis 25-20)
Be Delivered (Exodus)
Be Holy (Leviticus)
Be Counted (Numbers)
Be Equipped (Deuteronomy)
Be Strong (Joshua)
Be Available (Judges)
Be Committed (Ruth)
Be Successful (1 Samuel)
Be Restored (2 Samuel and 1 Chronicles)
Be Responsible (1 Kings)
Be Distinct (2 Kings and 2 Chronicles)
Be Determined (Nehemiah)
Be Committed (Esther)
Be Patient (Job)
Be Worshipful (Psalms 1-89)
Be Exultant (Psalms 90-150)
Be Skillful (Proverbs)
Be Satisfied (Ecclesiastes)
Be Comforted (Isaiah)
Be Decisive (Jeremiah)
Be Reverent (Ezekiel)
Be Resolute (Daniel)
Be Amazed (Hosea, Joel)
Be Concerned (Amos, Obadiah)
Be Amazed (Jonah)
Be Concerned (Micah)
Be Amazed (Nahum, Habakkuk)
Be Concerned (Zephaniah)
Be Heroic (Haggai, Zechariah)
Be Amazed (Malachi)
Be Loyal (Matthew)
Be Diligent (Mark)
Be Compassionate (Luke 1-13)
Be Courageous (Luke 14-24)
Be Alive (John 1-12)
Be Transformed (John 13-21)
Be Dynamic (Acts 1-12)
Be Daring (Acts 13-28)
Be Right (Romans)
Be Wise (1 Corinthians)
Be Encouraged (2 Corinthians)
Be Free (Galatians)
Be Rich (Ephesians)
Be Joyful (Philippians)
Be Complete (Colossians)
Be Ready (1 & 2 Thessalonians)
Be Faithful (1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon)
Be Confident (Hebrews)
Be Mature (James)
Be Hopeful (1 Peter)
Be Alert (2 Peter)
Be Real (1 John)
Be Alert (2, 3 John and Jude)
Be Victorious (Revelation)

Note that there are editions that divide things differently. For example there is "Be Heroic (Minor Prophets)" but I prefer the additional detail.

Last edited by DaleDe; 03-02-2019 at 12:21 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:52 AM   #825
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

OIC