Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-15-2019, 07:21 AM   #32776
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Are brown or black beards a different price?

Hitch
Of course - black and tans $16 - ginger $20

I assume the popularity of beards can be put down to the Game of Thrones TV series. FTR i don't have a beard - grey beards was my polite way of referring to old geezers

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:31 AM   #32777
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Lessee, figger figger, AU$12 is $8.62 US. Mine costs $9.00 US after tax, so your getting more (4 TVs with CC Vs. 1 TV without CC) for less.
With the trajectory our respective dollars are on, twelve of ours will be down to five of yours by June. Might then be worth your while to paddle down for a haircut.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:28 AM   #32778
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Of course - black and tans $16 - ginger $20

I assume the popularity of beards can be put down to the Game of Thrones TV series. FTR i don't have a beard - grey beards was my polite way of referring to old geezers

BR
I actually assumed that you use greybeard colloquially. Like Silverback. Y'know. My question was...somewhat rhetorical.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:53 AM   #32779
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
What, did the Shirt Monster Strike?

Morning, Sports Fans:

So, it's been a while since I went looking for a nicer shirt. I used to wear suits all the time, and had a closetful of nicer biz shirts, cotton, french-cuffs, etc. But I haven't needed any new ones in a while. Yesterday, I decided that I needed a few new, nicer shirts, and went looking at my typical "go tos," only to find out that none of them either a) still exist or b) still make women's shirts.

Charles Tyrwhitt; Pink of London and Austin Reed, all kablooey. Tyrwhitt stopped making women's shirts, apparently a few years ago. Austin Reed just kablooeyed a few years back, and Pink doesn't seem to have a main line, just some secondary line that apparently gets sold at department stores.

What's up with this? Women left business, or what?

REALLY annoying. Tyrwhitt made amazing, amazing shirts. Simply gorgeous stuff, from Sea Isle Cotton to you-name-it.

Such a drag. I'm totally torqued about this, this morning.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:04 AM   #32780
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm now on my annual Reading Retreat. I always save up more money than I think I'll need in case of emergency. If I have money left over I treat myself to something. This year I both saved more than normal and I was rather frugal, so I had more money left over than usual.

I decided to order a Google Home. I did that yesterday, to be delivered today, so it'll be waiting for me when I get home.

The company I ordered it from often delivers more expensive or fragile packages themselves, but even then I never had a package delivered before 11am. But I just got an email telling me they'll be delivering it between 9am and 10am, most likely between 9am and 9.30am. The store doesn't open until 10am, and the estimated delivery time is right when my father is getting up and taking a shower.

The email said that about 15 minutes before delivery I'll get a text message. When I get it I'll call my parent to make sure they will know it's not an annoying/entitled customer ringing the doorbell (unfortunately a fairly regular occurrence) and to make sure they get dressed.

Most delivery services know it's useless to deliver in the city center before 10am. But maybe because it's Saturday and more people are home they deliver early.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:37 PM   #32781
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
You can just go to bestbuy to get a google home. I have one of those google home minis or whatever you call it. I like it better than Alexa for I can choose a male voice. Also less errors that Alexa. Stupid Amazon dot talks to my tv or pc out of the blue and creeps me out
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:40 AM   #32782
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
You can just go to bestbuy to get a google home. I have one of those google home minis or whatever you call it. I like it better than Alexa for I can choose a male voice. Also less errors that Alexa. Stupid Amazon dot talks to my tv or pc out of the blue and creeps me out
I can't go to Bestbuy. Well I can, but that would involve a very expensive plane ride. There is a store near my house which sells it, MediaMarkt, but I don't like them and the (non)service they offer. I've ordered it from a company with very good customer service.

Also, now it's there when I get home from vacation and don't have to go out in the cold.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:33 AM   #32783
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Internet stops working. I phone my ISP provider to complain that I have no service.
First question from the service rep: "How long is the cord from the modem to the wall outlet".
My answer: "The same !@%$%# length it's been for the last 10 years!
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:24 AM   #32784
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Internet stops working. I phone my ISP provider to complain that I have no service.
First question from the service rep: "How long is the cord from the modem to the wall outlet".
My answer: "The same !@%$%# length it's been for the last 10 years!
I feel your pain. I called by the same reason and the question was: "Do you have filters?". Yes, the same than the last three years
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:57 AM   #32785
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
What I hate is while I'm on hold waiting to talk to a service representative because my internet is not working, and in between annoying hold music I get repeated announcements encouraging me to go to their website for help
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:12 PM   #32786
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
What I hate is while I'm on hold waiting to talk to a service representative because my internet is not working, and in between annoying hold music I get repeated announcements encouraging me to go to their website for help
Exactly the same here.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:10 PM   #32787
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Exactly the same here.
AMEN!!! If I'm calling my ISP's support line, it's certainly not because I have a CHOICE. I'd rather a root canal without anesthetic, thank you very much. So telling me to go to your website is not constructive!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:51 PM   #32788
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And they always want to try to send you the ugh an automated help system that begins with restarting your computer and unplugging and replugging the modem. Like I haven't already tried that multiple times.

Also the automated phone system apparently has trouble understanding me. Last time I called about a technical problem it routed me to billing and a person there had to transfer me.

I also hate the spiel all help desk people go through (either on the phone or by chat) where they say something like "I understand. I know your intenet service is important to you and you need it to pay bills, etc.". I just want to say "skip the phony sympathy and get on with fixing my problem!". But if you try to interrupt one of their canned speeches and move things along, they just start over.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:05 PM   #32789
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
But if you try to interrupt one of their canned speeches and move things along, they just start over.
If they don't follow the script they get fined.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:33 PM   #32790
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If they don't follow the script they get fined.
Yeah, I know they have to follow the script. I blame whatever higher-ups think it's a good idea to spout canned faux empathy instead of just going ahead with the troubleshooting.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness