Notices

Old 09-18-2022, 07:05 PM   #1
djorge
djorge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
"My Books" shows epub, svg, config files

Hi all,
I’m a complete newby in the e-readers world.*

I just bought my first ereader (Kobo Libra 2) and already installed KOReader without any problem.*

I just realized that i can side load my drm-free ebooks without KOReader.*
The main reason to install KOReader was the ability to connect to my Dropbox.*

I’m having some trouble with the Dropbox connectivity. I have already created the app and generated the token as explained in other posts and then I copy the token to a text file which I copy too the device over the usb cable and the copy the token with the koreader integrated text application. It keeps showing the message “Cannot fetch list of folder contents”.

Does anyone have this issue?

The other thing that i noticed and don’t know it it’s the usual behavior is that the “My Book” is showing the epup files and also configuration files from koreader. For instance i see a lot of svg files from path “/mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/resources/icons/”.
Does anyone knows why this happens? I’d like to see only the PDF/EPUB files in “My Books”.
I’m new to koreader and maybe i have changed some setting without noticing.

David
djorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 07:33 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
> The other thing that i noticed and don’t know it it’s the usual behavior is that the “My Book” is showing the epup files and also configuration files from koreader. For instance i see a lot of svg files from path “/mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/resources/icons/”.

You might have missed this bit: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...mportant-notes

Keep in mind that fixing this after the fact *will* cause Nickel to delete those files, which *will* break KOReader, so you'll haver to reinstall KOReader after.

----

As for the DropBox thing, there's currently an API deprecation issue re: long-lived tokens that might still be in the process of being handled, but I don't use dropbox so I'm not familiar with the details .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2022, 06:41 AM   #3
djorge

Thanks for the quick answer.
Btw i used the script from Post 2

Here it is said that the script handle this, so i'm a little confused.

Should i use the script to install and then change the Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf?

David
Old 09-19-2022, 07:31 AM   #4
djorge

Should i do a factory reset?

Thanks for fast answer.
I have used the installation script to install KOreader and i though that the scrip already handle that issue to prevent those files to appear.

And then install with script and then change the kobo configuration file as mentioned Here ?

David
Old 09-19-2022, 01:22 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djorge View Post
Thanks for fast answer.
I have used the installation script to install KOreader and i though that the scrip already handle that issue to prevent those files to appear.

And then install with script and then change the kobo configuration file as mentioned Here ?

David
You should not factory reset. You should follow the link @NiLuJe posted and do what it says,
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2022, 02:19 PM   #6
djorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You should not factory reset. You should follow the link @NiLuJe posted and do what it says,

Done! It is working fine now.
Thank you very much for the help

David
Old 09-19-2022, 03:06 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@djorge: Unfortunately, USBMS gremlins happens (and/or the OS lies).

So, yeah, while the script *does* handle it, if the device is not unplugged safely, or your OS decides to screw with you, sometimes it gets rolled back.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote