Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-25-2021, 05:52 AM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
"no book information"?

The attached screenshot shows a series I loaded from Calibre. All three books open just fine, but one of them, the one I'm currently reading, gives the error shown. I have deleted the book from my Libra, and reinstalled, refreshed the metadata several times, all to no avail. How do I fix this error?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crashes.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	186764  
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:17 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
If you could put the book through the EPUB scrambler we could investigate, but my guess is it's simply a (slightly) broken document.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2021, 07:28 AM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
If you could put the book through the EPUB scrambler we could investigate, but my guess is it's simply a (slightly) broken document.
Ah, good to know. I'm more than halfway through with no errors impacting on the reading experience, so I'll file this in the drawer of curious quirks.
Old 04-25-2021, 10:31 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, definitely interested in having a look at a scrambled copy!
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:56 PM   #5
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yep, definitely interested in having a look at a scrambled copy!
As You Wish.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Death in a Darkening Mist - Iona Whishaw_scrambled.epub (587.6 KB, 118 views)
Advert
Old 04-26-2021, 02:53 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
As You Wish.
Does the scrambled copy still produce your error for you?
Old 04-26-2021, 02:57 AM   #7
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Does the scrambled copy still produce your error for you?
Oh I didn't even try, sorry. I just carried on with the next book in the series. I will load the scrambled copy now and see what happens.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:17 AM   #8
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

The scrambled version does still generate the same error. I have to stress again, this was an issue of passing curiosity for me, no more. The book was readable without errors, and none of the other books in the very enjoyable series are showing this problem. so my concern about this is now moot. Thanks for trying to help.

Last edited by Uncle Robin; 04-26-2021 at 03:20 AM.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:27 AM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard

Strange, for me it seems to work.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:44 AM   #10
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Strange, for me it seems to work.
Obviously just one of those things. I tried 2-3 times, and made sure that there was no trace of it on my Kobo before transferring it. If all my irritants were this minute, I'd be very happy indeed.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:36 AM   #11
Frenzie
Wizard

You didn't mention, but are you using the latest version?
Old 04-26-2021, 06:43 AM   #12
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
You didn't mention, but are you using the latest version?
I use the nightlies, and a check confirms "KOReader is up to date"
Old 04-26-2021, 11:41 AM   #13
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I hadn't had time to actually throw it at KOReader yet, but I had taken a look at it in Sigil, and besides Sigil throwing a fit at it when opening it, the OPF seemed correct .

Are you, by chance, using Calibre to send the book to the device? I've seen the metadata management do weird and wonky thing to the OPF sometimes, so, if possible, compare your scrambled copy's OPF to the one actually on your device...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-26-2021 at 02:45 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:27 PM   #14
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
I hadn't had time to actually throw it at KOReader yet, but I had taken a look at it in Sigil, and besides Sigil throws a fit at it when opening it, the OPF seemed correct
epubcheck is also happy with it.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:01 PM   #15
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:

Are you, by chance, using Calibre to send the book to the device?
I did explicitly say so above, yes. I should also add that the "no book info" was only on KOReader opened in Nickel, all info was present and correct.