Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
varelov
Enthusiast
varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
Nook app for Android: won't read my non-BN epubs

So I am using the Nook app for Android on my Samsung Galaxy S phone and also own Nook Classic. All my BN purchases made via Nook Classic sync with my Nook Android app with no problem. However, the Nook app just won't show non-BN epubs that I downloaded from non-BN sources.
I followed the "helpful" article on BN's site about sideloaded content on Nook app for Android and put said epub in the MyDocuments subfolder of the Nook folder, as per instructions. But when I start the app, "my files" doesn't show any content. Refreshed it couple of times, reset the app but to no avail.
I'd like to be able to read sideloaded content on my Nook app. How do I do it?
varelov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Are they DRMed ePubs? If so, the app can't read them.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was trying a non-DRM epub as part of my survey of Android ebook readers, and it loaded the file, albeit with unduly large margins. But I think it didn't refresh immediately. Have you tried exiting the Nook reader, stopping it (e.g., Settings | Applications | Nook | Stop), and then starting it up again?
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I started using Aldiko because it can read B&N books and other epubs as well. Then i didnt have to use different apps. You have to sideload your b&n epubs though. I just prefer this app to the android b&n app.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
varelov
Enthusiast
varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
Come to think of it Scion, I don't know. Most of those epubs are technical docs from Red Hat regarding their operating system, Red Hat Linux. I don't believe they have any drm on them.
I should probably try to sideload an epub that I created myself...
Pruss, on my phone I do it through Task Manager, and have done what you described but no success.
varelov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert