Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-03-2021, 08:21 AM   #121
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
If mine gets to that point, I'll just replace the battery. Don't plan on trading it in anyhow — in my opinion Amazon doesn't have anything better.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12473177506...oAAOSwdcBgqNZe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFqBrIE4mT0

My battery has just about died. I'm keeping my Voyage, but unfortunately, I don't think batteries can be shipped internationally.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 02:13 AM   #122
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
The Voyage DOES look better in all those images, sufficiently better that it managed to override the queasy/nauseous feeling I got from the pink Libra cover. Very impressive.
There's no cover.

The voyage looks particularly good in dark mode irl. It's really too bad it doesn't have the waveform to support it so the ghosting is terrible if you don't refresh pretty much every page. And no support in stock reader obviously
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 03:04 AM   #123
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
There's no cover.

REALLY? Wow! That second photo in particular the libra looks very, very pink. It looks faintly pink in the first, strikingly so in the second
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:47 AM   #124
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
REALLY? Wow! That second photo in particular the libra looks very, very pink. It looks faintly pink in the first, strikingly so in the second
I agree: That Libra looks pink. When mine arrives and the reader is pink* (and not white), then I'll be forced to throw it in the trash, use some Raid, put on gloves, and take out the trash.

*Not that there's anything wrong with pink - for those individuals who like pink or use the Pinkerton Agency* to track errant husbands or wives.

*Not that there's anything wrong with the Pinkerton Agency. Or errant husbands or wives.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-04-2021 at 09:46 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:59 PM   #125
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
There's no cover.

The voyage looks particularly good in dark mode irl.

I am interested in how and why the Libra looks so very, VERY pink in the second shot, because if it isn't actually pink, it makes me wonder what impact the lighting conditions of the photo had on the appearance of the screen.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 05:07 AM   #126
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Honestly, as a white Libra 2 owner, mine definitely does not look like that in real life. The frontlight is not green for starters but a warm white, and dark mode is very good: the blacks are black and not washed out at all, and in that pic the screen hadn't been refreshed either, unlike the Voyage, which admittedly doesn't help (the frontlight might have also been turned on very high, which is not how I would normally use dark mode, but I guess that might be due to personal use).

Again, I'm not trying to make a comparison with the Voyage, as I don't own one in real life. I'm just commenting on how the Libra in the pictures looks compared to mine.

I did try and take pics of my own device with my phone, and the frontlight does come out greenish unless I adjust the white balance, so that might be why it looks like that.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:52 AM   #127
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Honestly, as a white Libra 2 owner, mine definitely does not look like that in real life. The frontlight is not green for starters but a warm white, and dark mode is very good: the blacks are black and not washed out at all, and in that pic the screen hadn't been refreshed either, unlike the Voyage, which admittedly doesn't help (the frontlight might have also been turned on very high, which is not how I would normally use dark mode, but I guess that might be due to personal use).

Again, I'm not trying to make a comparison with the Voyage, as I don't own one in real life. I'm just commenting on how the Libra in the pictures looks compared to mine.

I did try and take pics of my own device with my phone, and the frontlight does come out greenish unless I adjust the white balance, so that might be why it looks like that.
The voyage doesn't have the waveform for dark mode so it ghosts terribly. I have it refreshed every page. I forgot to do that for the Libra

The green tint is there irl and it was the first thing I noticed. Some people claim all the Libras have green tint and others say theirs don't. IIRC Nate the great noticed green tint in his review. My guess is they all do to some extent, but I'm tempted to buy another one and play the screen lottery

One thing for sure: once used to 7" screen, it's tough to go back to 6

Sorry for taking over the thread with my photos
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 03:37 PM   #128
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
I like your photos. Thanks for posting them.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 03:41 PM   #129
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I like your photos. Thanks for posting them.
agreed.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 03:45 PM   #130
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
The voyage doesn't have the waveform for dark mode so it ghosts terribly. I have it refreshed every page. I forgot to do that for the Libra

The green tint is there irl and it was the first thing I noticed. Some people claim all the Libras have green tint and others say theirs don't. IIRC Nate the great noticed green tint in his review. My guess is they all do to some extent, but I'm tempted to buy another one and play the screen lottery

One thing for sure: once used to 7" screen, it's tough to go back to 6

very few photos i've seen show the Libra 2 with the front light turned off. i for one much appreciate your comparison photos with the Voyage

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote