Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 11-11-2019, 07:28 AM   #1
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Audible Escape

New thread to post whatever you want about the Audible Escape subscription service!

I love it! Well worth it, especially since I get a lower rate due to being a kindle unlimited subscriber. AE is truly unlimited. (A competing subscription, Scribd, claims to be unlimited, however it is NOT).

In the last couple of days they hosed up the search, though. Used to be you could type in an author's name, and then filter "AE" titles. That filter option is gone. Hopefully it will be restored soon. It was very useful.

Right now I have several titles checked out, but actually listening to a hoopla title. Once I have reached my hoopla limit, I will go back to Anna Hackett's "Hell Squad" series, I think all of them are in AE and they are really good.

There are more books in my WL than I will ever be able to listen to, so I'd say AE is an extremely good value!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:36 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I don't read contemporary romance, but I've noticed that several Victorian novels on my wishlist are available via Audible Escape. If I were in the mood for a Victorian binge, I could see joining up for a couple of months; however, I tend to need to pace myself with the Victorians.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
What's happened to the splash page for Audible Escape that showed all the categories?

P.S. Never mind; I found it here, with a Google search, not through any Audible link.

Last edited by Catlady; 11-11-2019 at 11:29 AM. Reason: P.S.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They fixed the Audible Escape filter. Yay!
Old 11-17-2019, 06:32 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

There are 70 titles by Eve Langlais in Audible Escape. Many of them are very good! I don't care for at least one of her narrators, and there is a series I won't finish. I am now listening to Dragon Squeeze. Good narrator, and funny!
Old 11-17-2019, 08:16 AM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I don't read contemporary romance, but I've noticed that several Victorian novels on my wishlist are available via Audible Escape. If I were in the mood for a Victorian binge, I could see joining up for a couple of months; however, I tend to need to pace myself with the Victorians.
Just join for the Free Trail month I did but never found any thing I wanted to listen too. More into Mysteries.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:32 AM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I was tempted to buy the sale subscription for Audible. But then I looked at my lists....there are at least 1,000 books in Audible Escape that I would like to listen to. That's years' worth! So I will pass on the temptation. Though I do have a current membership on the UK Audible side of things, which is at a discount, as well as 1 more discounted month of Kobo audio books. I am definitely going to cancel the Kobo one. I may keep the UK account going for a few books that I'd like to have. Though I was surprised to discover their catalogs are not identical. (There was a book in US Audible that is not in UK Audible).

Currently listening to the last Dragon Point book available in AE, then will go to Hoopla for the last title in the series. I have an additional 4 titles checked out.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:17 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Currently listening to Betraying the Pack by Eve Langlais. Don't like the narrator, just jacked the speed up to 1.5. The other two in the series have different narrators, I'm happy to say. This one is almost 7 hours. Hopefully with speeding it up I can finish it soon. I usually listen at 1.25 speed.

I also have checked out: Roaring up The Wrong Tree by Celia Kyle (10 hours), Mate Claimed by Jennifer Ashley (11 hours), Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh (12 hours) and Eternal Nights by Patti O'Shea (12 hours).
Old 09-15-2020, 04:14 PM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Just found out they are shutting down Audible Escape Nov 1. I'm not happy at all about this. Guess that 14 page wish list will be down to 1 or 2. I love Escape and use it just about every day! This sucks.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:57 PM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible is ditching the Escape package because it's now part of their new Audible Plus catalog. Just how many of the former Escape books are included in the new Plus catalog remains to be seen. Pricing for the new plan is much lower (provided it contains the books you want).

Quote:
Starting November 1, we will no longer be offering Audible Escape

Now you can listen all you want with the new Audible Plus plan.

Thousands of titles to stream--including Romance and feel-good stories.
Current Subscription Prices

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-18-2020 at 11:20 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Audible is ditching the Escape package because it's now part of their new Audible Plus catalog. Just how many of the former Escape books are included in the new Plus catalog remains to be seen
Not many. AE has over 10,000 titles. Plus has under 900 in the romance category, which includes such gems as Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and Jane Austen's books. Yay.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:17 PM   #12
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Not many. AE has over 10,000 titles. Plus has under 900 in the romance category, which includes such gems as Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and Jane Austen's books. Yay.
This is rapidly turning into one of my pet peeves. I’ve had a similar experience with RB Digital, whose library app was folded into Libby/OverDrive. Or so they said! My wishlist at RB Digital says different.

It’s bad enough to lose access to books, but when they try to gloss it over and pretend you haven’t, it’s infuriating.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote