Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
Badandy
Connoisseur
Badandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone
Help me find Mobipocket books

Hey guys. This is my first post here and it looks like you all have a great resource. I read through the Fantasy/Sci-Fi recommendation thread (the 8 page one), and, along with some books that were already on my radar, made a list of books I'd like to buy/download before my Cybook Gen3 arrives. I seem to be having some trouble finding these ebooks and I don't know whether I'm doing something wrong or they just don't exist in Mobipocket format. If anyone knows where to find these or could give me a link that would be great:

-David Brin: Stardiver, Startide Rising, Uplift War
-Larry Niven: The Mote in God's Eye, Ringworld, Footfall, Lucifer's Hammer
-Asimov: The God's Themselves, Nightfall, The End of Eternity
-Orson Scott Card: Alvin Maker series (at least the first book)
-Robin Hobb: Farseer Trilogy
-David Zindell: Neverness
-Pratchett: Discworld
-Zelanzy: Chronicles of Amber

I tried to check Mobipocket, BoB, and Webscriptions, but I'm having NO luck with all of those.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Badandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Most of the Niven titles co-authored with Jerry Pournelle are on webscriptions. Just look under Authors -> Larry Niven.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Try Fictionwise.

Robin Hobb - Fictionwise.
Terry Pratchett - Fictionwise.

Welcome to MobileRead. Have fun, ask questions, read aplenty!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
Badandy
Connoisseur
Badandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Thanks guys. Two great replies so far. I've bookmarked them both for when I get my Cybook.

If anyone else could advise me on the other books on there I'd be very appreciative. I heard the Chronicles of Amber is one of the best series ever and I was hoping that it was available to buy in some format that is readable on the Cybook.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quite a lot of the books you list aren't available as ebooks, partly because a lot of publishers haven't yet got round to putting their back catalogs into ebook format yet. But the following are definitely available:

Niven -- The Mote in God's Eye, Footfall, Lucifer's Hammer are available from Baen Books here
Pratchett -- Most (all?) of the Discworld books are available at BooksOnBoard, here. (Look for the ones with the Mobipocket icon).
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #6
Badandy
Connoisseur

Oh my God, 25 books. I had no idea. That's going to cost me like $175 to buy the series...
Old 12-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post
Oh my God, 25 books. I had no idea. That's going to cost me like $175 to buy the series...
Fictionwise just ended a sale.

Both Fictionwise and BoB frequently have sales, so you should be able to save a lot of money.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If you count all the Diskworld novels available at fictionwise, I think you'll find that there are actually 35 of them.

If you join the Buywise club, buying them all will cost around $235, and average of $6.71

I'd advise putting them all on your wish list, buying one or two of them, and waiting for a sale :-)

Happily, the 25 Jerry Pournelle books available at webscription.net will cost only $70, an average of $2.80 per book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #9
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Happily, the 25 Jerry Pournelle books available at webscription.net will cost only $70, an average of $2.80 per book
But you get less laughs per dollar.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Right now, Fictionwise is having a 40% off sale. So if you purchase say 1/2 the Discworld books in one go, then you can use the micropay rebate to purchase more of them.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote