Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-05-2018, 11:07 AM   #1
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
5.9.5.2 Oasis 2

I have not seen anyone say anything about this update. I updated my Oasis 2 on Wednesday and I have not had a chance to see what has changed. It looks to be just performance improvements from what I can see.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:04 AM   #2
vostro
Connoisseur
vostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Scribe,Elipsa,PWSE,FORMA,KOA2,KV,KA1, KAH2O, PW1-4, KA, AKT,
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=46
vostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2018, 08:53 AM   #3
kdusr
Connoisseur
kdusr began at the beginning.

Device: KOA, KV, KOA2,PW4,PW5
can JB survive on this version?

Last edited by kdusr; 05-08-2018 at 09:18 AM.
kdusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:57 AM   #4
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I have not seen anyone say anything about this update. I updated my Oasis 2 on Wednesday and I have not had a chance to see what has changed. It looks to be just performance improvements from what I can see.
Thanks for the heads up. What performance improvements have you noticed?
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #5
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Thanks for the heads up. What performance improvements have you noticed?
I have noticed a lot less battery drain in standby. Maybe even while reading, but cannot say for sure yet. I don't normally pay much attention while reading. Only read on it for a short while yesterday, but including over a day of standby it shows 99%.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2018, 09:20 AM   #6
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdusr View Post
Yes
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:47 AM   #7
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Sorry folks I have been very busy lately and I have not been back to this post for a while. I can say that battery useage is better than before, and it seems like the greatest improvement is in standby.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #8
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I was surprised to find that my Oasis 2 installed a new firmware version over-the-air today, even though I had already installed 5.9.5.2 from Kindle Oasis (9th Generation) Software Updates.

Looking further I found the the version on the website is 5.9.5.2 (3301990004), but the one that just installed is 5.9.5.2 (3307390005).

The What's New description is the same. I wonder what changed.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #9
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Voyage
Yesterday, my Kindle Voyage has re-installed the software update 5.9.5.1 despite the fact I had already installed it, and despite the fact it was ON PLANE MODE! (but it was not 5 minutes before).
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:06 PM   #10
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I was surprised to find that my Oasis 2 installed a new firmware version over-the-air today, even though I had already installed 5.9.5.2 from Kindle Oasis (9th Generation) Software Updates.

Looking further I found the the version on the website is 5.9.5.2 (3301990004), but the one that just installed is 5.9.5.2 (3307390005).

I was helping a friend set up a new Kindle Oasis 2 and installed the firmware 5.9.5.2 that I had on my PC from a few weeks ago. Within a few minutes of connecting the Kindle to the Internet it got an over-the-air update. I validated that it was 5.9.5.2 but didn't look further. Weird...
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:54 PM   #11
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I also got the update installed automatically, It's grayed out now but is installed 5.9.5.2.

I'll need to read on the Oasis 2 a bit to see an improvement, I kept my Oasis shut down when not in use. So I'll have to leave it in stand by now to check if I see an improvement also.

Last edited by Wearever; 05-20-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:09 PM   #12
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post

My 2 Oasis did the same yesterday. O1 and O2. And I now have the same number with the 5 at the end. I also already had installed the new updates last week. I haven't noticed any difference. It was weird as I usually do the updates manually as soon as they are up so I don't see how its done when you don't do that. I was reading, laid down the Oasis to make some tea, by the time I got back it was doing the update. Then I switched to the O1 and again, went to make more tea and the same thing happened.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:37 PM   #13
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Dear Atunah,

It works also with the coffee. ;0)
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:52 AM   #14
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
My 2 Oasis did the same yesterday. O1 and O2. And I now have the same number with the 5 at the end. I also already had installed the new updates last week. I haven't noticed any difference. It was weird as I usually do the updates manually as soon as they are up so I don't see how its done when you don't do that. I was reading, laid down the Oasis to make some tea, by the time I got back it was doing the update. Then I switched to the O1 and again, went to make more tea and the same thing happened.
My OA2 software also has the updated long serial number though I never noticed it changing. I am hoping for an update to address some of the software glitches I have been experiencing recently in terms of books not deleting from collections and newly bought books not downloading properly on the Kindle.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:58 AM   #15
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdusr View Post
There is a JB for the Oasis 2? I did not think there was one.
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote