Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Display Page/Location/% read info at bottom of screen

I have a Paperwhite 2 (5.6.5)

When I first got it Some of the books I was reading had the page number or location (I forget which) displayed on the bottom.

Then the next few books I was getting "estimated reading time left in chapter" displayed on the bottom instead.

Then the next few books had nothing displayed at all. The only way to see where I was, was to tap the screen to get the toolbar, then tap the "chapter" toolbar on the bottom to display a small window that should a small view of the text with location info displayed on the bottom of the window. (very inconvenient)

Now various books will show different info on the bottom or nothing at all. (I saw one post talking about wordwise, but could not find anything in settings about that.)

I assume it depends on what the book has encoded into it, that decides what will be displayed.

But it does not matter if I side load the book or buy it from Amazon, I never know if I will see any location info or not.

Or is there a setting somewhere that I am missing that I can use to force the display of page/location data on the bottom of the screen.

I use Calibre (mostly for converting text or e-pub to mobi to read on the Kindle)

IF there isn't a setting in the Kindle I can use, is there a setting in Calibre I can use to encode the book with the ability to display this info?
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:00 PM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
If you tap the bottom left corner of the screen where it displays the time left, page location etc, it should cycle through them.

Blank
Loc
Page
Time left in chapter
Time left in book
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Bingo!!

Ok, I guess at some point I must have been tapping the bottom left corner and never realizing it, and changing the info or turning it of. Dohh!!!

Thanks very much.
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote