Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-14-2018, 06:59 AM   #1
lealla
Enthusiast
lealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Marking a book as Read/Finished in Calibre and updating info on Kobo

Hi all,

I have Calibre set up so that it records the reading progress of any book on my kobo in a custom column - similar to this setup here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=14

It works great in one direction - i.e tracking progress from Kobo to Calibre.

But can I set the progress to go the other way? I.e can I mark books as 'Read' in Calibre, and have this info be synchronized with the kobo?
I'd like to update some books on the kobo with a 'read/finished' status and it is quicker to update the info in Calibre, rather than manually on the device.

Please let me know if this is possible! Thank you!
lealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:11 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Actually, the whole point of the the store function in the Kobo Utilities plugin was to be able to restore the status after a factory reset. The store can be automated, but the restore is manual. Select the books, and choose the "Store/Restore current bookmark" item on the plugins menu. The dialog has options to either store or restore the status for the selected books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:08 PM   #3
lealla
Enthusiast
lealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thank you davidfor - you are a star - always so quick and helpful!
That worked perfectly and is going to save me lots of time Great to know I can always restore my data now!
lealla is offline   Reply With Quote