Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 06:40 AM   #1
dwprice
dwprice doesn't litterdwprice doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Feature Request: PDF zoom & pan control

I read textbooks on my Kobo.

Textbooks are laid out with specific formatting. A page may have the text in a column running down the side of the page. The left page and the right page of the "book" may have the text column in different places on the page.

When I zoom in on a pdf page, I have very little granular control over the panning side to side. This means I often have the situation where the text is too small or is zoomed in but I either lose the right part of the column or the left part of the column with a bunch of white space showing on the other side.

As an enhancement, can you improve this situation?

1. (optimal) Detect where the text column is and centre it in the viewer. This would be the best default for any book.
2. (workaround) Provide a finer control of left/right panning in PDF mode

Thanks
dwprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Sad story. Pdf is kind of proprietary and, second, intended
for printing. People use it and, even more, like it. I have a lot
of documentation in that format and know how do you feel.
Something converts just fine in calibre, something not. With
pictures you are on the strange land and have a good chance
to be mad about that all. If you have the same docs in chm,
it converts perfect. How other manufacturer handle this issue?
Best regards.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwprice View Post
I read textbooks on my Kobo.

Textbooks are laid out with specific formatting. A page may have the text in a column running down the side of the page. The left page and the right page of the "book" may have the text column in different places on the page.

When I zoom in on a pdf page, I have very little granular control over the panning side to side. This means I often have the situation where the text is too small or is zoomed in but I either lose the right part of the column or the left part of the column with a bunch of white space showing on the other side.

As an enhancement, can you improve this situation?

1. (optimal) Detect where the text column is and centre it in the viewer. This would be the best default for any book.
2. (workaround) Provide a finer control of left/right panning in PDF mode

Thanks
Forwarded to JCKobo, the product manager.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote