Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
DR800 - SDHC or not SDHC

Over on the IREX forum, Chris (I think) from IREX says that SDHC cards are recognized but "not supported" on the DR800, and Shaggy has noted that they need to be formatted on computer because the unit won't do it.

Is it too early to ask whether anyone has replaced cards in their DR800 and, if they have, with what and whether they encountered any problems.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
DeReader
Connoisseur
DeReader doesn't litterDeReader doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, iRex DR1000S, Kindle DXG, Jetbook Color
I replaced the micro SD card on the DR800S to an 8 GB model, works fine. The memory card information is showing 7561 MB capacity. But I can not remember if I did the extra formatting on the PC side.
DeReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeReader View Post
I replaced the micro SD card on the DR800S to an 8 GB model, works fine. The memory card information is showing 7561 MB capacity. But I can not remember if I did the extra formatting on the PC side.
It wouldn't have been necessary if the card was already formatted when you bought it (many are).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Just to confirm that 8 GB SDHC works fine.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
Bogey
Bogey began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500, DR800SG
I have a 16Gb SanDisk micro SD (Class 2) card working in a DR800SG. Funny thing was that I used the iRex format utility versus a PC format to get it working. Overkill, yup it is but its the only other micro SD card I own.

Last edited by Bogey; 03-12-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert