Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 01:33 AM   #31
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
How embarrassing. I checked my downloads - mine were also only 1 KB.
Phooey.
Heh heh...I guess you weren't in a hurry to read them!
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:54 AM   #32
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
No, I don't know if you've seen that other thread about whether you're an immediate reader or a stockpiler.

Oh man, am I ever a stockpiler! I just finished a book today that I bought when I first got into eBooks back in 2004! (Okay, I had to peek - some of my ebooks go back to 2003).

There are books I'll read right away, books I'll hold until a series is complete, and all those books in between that I read when I'm in the mood.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 AM   #33
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
HA! I'm definitely a stock-piler with both ebooks AND paperbooks. I feel like I had ADD sometimes...I can't decide which book to start so I start like 5 books at a time, and get NOWHERE. I've been reading Matters of the Heart by Danielle Steel (ebook) so I'm trying to finish that before moving on to anything else.

It doesn't help that the libraries I belong to have tons ebooks, all of which I want to read NOW!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:16 AM   #34
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'm a bad stockpiler, too! I have over 100 p-books (some I got as long ago as 2002) and over 200 on my Reader.

And those are just the books I seriously *want* to read...I stopped downloading things I probably won't read.

I need to go on a book ban...nothing but freebies until I've put a dent in this awful TBR pile.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #35
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
my problem is libraries...I go there and get carried away checking all these books out, then get overwhelmed because I've checked out so many and nothing gets read! I have close to 400 paperbooks at home, and I'm sure I have over 100 ebooks on my reader---between all the freebies I've found and all the books I've bought. I've become quite the hoarder/stockpiler/collector of ebooks too. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

I recently decided that for the time being I will read 1 ebook, then 1 pbook, and so on. I'm almost finisned with an ebook, so next I already have a pbook picked out and hopefully my pattern will continue. I'm also hoping that will help me put a SLOw dent in my collection. I've also thought of dedicating one month to strictly reading ebooks. I might do that in August.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert