Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 06:12 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
iRex account?

I had an existing iRex account for my iLiad, which I've just re-used in the "inbox" area of the companion software for my new DR1000S.

When I log on to my account on the iRex site I only have the following menu items:

User details
Change password
Reset PIN code
Logout

"Reset PIN code" seems to be solely for the iLiad, so I'm a little puzzled to know what this account is actually for. What is it used for, I mean?

Is it OK to re-use my old iLiad account, or should I have created a new account for my DR?

Thanks for any light that anyone can shed on this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #2
smp_iliad
Connoisseur
smp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-books

Device: KindleDX, iPhone3Gs
There's no use of account for DR. They hasn't delivered anything through inbox.
smp_iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
The latest software update, V1.6 used the account, I think, though not in the way I suspect we thought it would.

When V1.6 was released, I got an email advising me from, my Irex account and after updating, in the inbox was a file that described the functional differences.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
When I log on to my account on the iRex site I only have the following menu items:

User details
Change password
Reset PIN code
Logout
I think the MyiRex site is only for the iLiad. As far as I know, the DR1000 does not use iDS/MyiRex at all.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I think the MyiRex site is only for the iLiad. As far as I know, the DR1000 does not use iDS/MyiRex at all.
The only reason I did so, Shaggy, is that the DR manual told me to!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's odd. I'm curious what it would use it for. It doesn't get firmware updates from iDS, and that's the main thing the iLiad uses MyiRex for.

Did it specifically say to use your MyiRex account information, or is it possibly talking about some other "account"?
Old 06-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
That's odd. I'm curious what it would use it for. It doesn't get firmware updates from iDS, and that's the main thing the iLiad uses MyiRex for.

Did it specifically say to use your MyiRex account information, or is it possibly talking about some other "account"?
The manual specifically gives instructions on creating a MyiRex account. In fact, I had to create a Trouble Ticket last night and was very surprised to discover that the MyiRex account doesn't give me access to TT's.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
The manual specifically gives instructions on creating a MyiRex account. In fact, I had to create a Trouble Ticket last night and was very surprised to discover that the MyiRex account doesn't give me access to TT's.
Yeah, tech support has a different account system from MyiRex. That's why I thought maybe the manual was asking for something else. Maybe the instructions in the manual are based on an old design, before they decided to not use iDS for the DR1000 updates, and that section was just never updated.