Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 02:25 PM   #16
levante
Connoisseur
levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: kindle NT, PW1, PW2, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feher View Post
You can try this method to install android drivers :
http://www.droidiser.com/2012/11/how...y-android.html
Thanks a lot for your help.
levante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #17
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePilot View Post
For my M96, Towelroot version 1 did the trick. The only difficulty was to find the application, since the first version is no more available on their website.
Here it is:
http://speedy.sh/3tN3z/tr1.apk
Towelroot v1 worked for me as well. None of the other methods did on software version 20140721. Had to do a factory reset & a couple reboots though. Thanks for the tip.
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2014, 11:27 PM   #18
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Update:
After updating the firmware, when I now run Towelroot v1, it causes the M96 to hang/become completely unresponsive, so I need to forcibly shut it down after waiting for a couple of minutes in the hope that it has done its job.

When I start the e-reader again & run the basic root checker, it confirms that I have root.

A minor inconvenience for the ability to have root.

Jp
Old 09-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #19
alobo
alobo began at the beginning.

Device: boox t68 lynx
Some apps still shown as incompatible

I aleady had my T68 rooted by following
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=243945
and using Cydia Impactor, so I went for the Second step directly.
After defining the device as Samsung Galaxy S3, the app "Ultra GPS Logger"
is still shown as not compatible in Play.

Also, I cannot install Google Play Services, that is required by FNAC eBooks

Any solution?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Since lots of curious users are permanently asking, how to install to Onyx Boox M96 and T68 some apps, which are not visible in Play Store by default because of compatibility issue, I have here some more detailed instructions:

First step - root your device:
  1. download this program: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Bin4ry_v33.zip
  2. Unzip it on your PC.
  3. USB debugging mode on your Boox must be on (is on by default). You can check it in apps->settings>developer options.
  4. Connect your Boox to this PC.
  5. Start RunMe.bat in unzipped folder. You will see a DOS window. Select option "1. New Standard-Root (thx Ariel Berkman)" and enter.
  6. You will be asked to confirm backup operation. On Boox click on "Backup my data" once.
  7. In DOS window you will be asked to "press any key" and afterwards to confirm RESTORE MY DATA. Click "Restore my data" on Boox and afterwards go back to DOS window on PC and press "Any Key".
  8. You Boox will reboot. After rebooting of Boox press Any Key in DOS window again. Your Boox will reboot a second time.

After reboot is all done. YOur boox is rooted now. If you don't have Any Key on your keyboard, please ask your PC seller for proper keyboard with this special key ;-)

You already can install some useful apps, which require root mode. (E.g. my first choice could be AdAway)

Second step
  1. Download and install on your Boox this magic application: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Helper-1.1.apk.
  2. Please insure WiFi of your Boox is on and you are connected with your Google account to the internet.
  3. Start Market Helper. Select device PHONE, Select "Samsung Galaxy S3". Click on "Activate". Click on grey link in appeared dialogue "Go to Google Dashboard" (don't cklick on OK yet) and sign in in your Google account.

That is it.

You can close the browser, go to the Play Store and install every application you desire now.
e.g. IVONA TTS, Acapela TTS, Safari to go, ....etc. ...

After reboot your Boox will forget, that it was for a short time Samsung Galaxy S3 once ;-) If you want to install incompatible apps, you have to use the magic of Market Helper again.

After installation of Onyx updates the root mode will go off, but all yours installed apps will be there and keep working just fine. If you want to install new incompatible stuff - go to the step 1.
alobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #20
japinder
jp

Hi Alobo,

Not sure about the Ultra GPS Logger, but I was able to install FNAC on my M96.

Google play services should be a part of the install, since you ARE able to open Play Store, it is there. Did you mean Play Books? I was able to install it on my M96 without any issues.

Update:
I tried the free version - Ultra GPS Logger Lite. It downloads, but while installing, it says missing shared library.
Not sure what library files it is trying to find, but not getting.

Last edited by japinder; 09-08-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Advert
Old 11-15-2014, 08:45 AM   #21
eb00ker
Connoisseur
eb00ker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG / Onyx Boox M92 / M96 / C67 AFTERGLOW 2
Thumbs up rooted M96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePilot View Post
For my M96, Towelroot version 1 did the trick. The only difficulty was to find the application, since the first version is no more available on their website.
Here it is:
http://speedy.sh/3tN3z/tr1.apk
thank you very much - it worked like a charm on my new M96!

Warning:
your Antivirus-Software might set alarm in detecting a trojan.
Ignore it, because this isn't the case...

Make sure you allow to install Apps from "Unknown Sources".

Cheers!
eb00ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #22
notger
Enthusiast
notger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavens

Device: onyx m96
hi, out there.

i just got a m96 ebook reader.

im still searching for the option to install incompatible apps from google play, gut the files in this intoduction are not availeable anymore, or is there any new possibility?

thanks

Gernot
notger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:58 AM   #23
japinder
jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by notger View Post
hi, out there.

i just got a m96 ebook reader.

im still searching for the option to install incompatible apps from google play, gut the files in this intoduction are not availeable anymore, or is there any new possibility?

thanks

Gernot
There are two parts to getting the supposedly incompatible apps installed on the m96:
#1. Rooting the M96
#2. Installing the app 'Market Helper'

The rooting method in the OP/first post never worked for me. I use TowelRoot v1 (as opposed to the current/latest v3 available on their website). Works every time. Just search the forums, try Google, or let me know if you can't find it.

The Market Helper app does the actual work. It's on version 2.0 now. As above, search the forums, try google, or let me know.

Jp
Old 12-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #24
psychowood
Enthusiast
psychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmos

Device: Likebook Mars
Fyi, still working for i86ML Plus 4.0.4 1.7.4 RC1 (update of 11/12/15).
psychowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:08 AM   #25
dr_green
dr_green began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox N96
I have rooted my device with 'Root Master 1.3.6_Cekas_Fix.apk'. The important issue here is, to install this app to the SD card. Otherwise it won't root the device. At least it didn't in my case.

After I installed Market Helper and changed the device as Samsung Galaxy S3, I've been able to install some incompatible apps from Play Store, however they don't run properly :/

For example, I installed Google Chrome. However when I run it, nothing shows up. Only a blank screen (I think the website opens background but I see nothing). Anyway, this solution didn't work for me. Because it is not to run incompatible apps properly. It is just to be able to install them.

BTW, is there any suggestions for me?
dr_green is offline   Reply With Quote