Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-16-2008, 03:14 AM   #1
delfy
delfy began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
charging prs505 from batteries

Hi

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned here earlier, but can't find that info. i'm going on vacation and was hoping to charge my sony prs from batteries using some appropriate gadget. any word of advice please ?

also in case someone has charger sony in that way, i would assume such charging device would use 4AA batteries. for how many charges would they normally last ?

thank you
delfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by delfy View Post
Hi

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned here earlier, but can't find that info. i'm going on vacation and was hoping to charge my sony prs from batteries using some appropriate gadget. any word of advice please ?

also in case someone has charger sony in that way, i would assume such charging device would use 4AA batteries. for how many charges would they normally last ?

thank you
Are you going to be nowhere near an outlet for an extended time (>1.5-2 weeks)? You can use a PSP charger easily, or a PSP cable with any USB charger wallwort.

For a battery device, I have a Powermonkey. It comes with a PSP tip, and even has a solar panel that can charge devices directly. They cost about $115 for the works (comes with many power charging options), and I had an $80 rebate from buy.com. The regular one (no solar) is only $13 after rebate now.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2008, 07:36 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Unless you plan to be gone for longer than a monh (3-4 weeks), I wouldn't worry about it.

You can fully charge your unit using a wall outlet or your computer.

Your sony wall unit recognizes 50-60 hertz (?), and 110-240 volts, I beleive it is. (I don't have it here in front of me.)

I'm residing in Peru, and I charge it through the wall or through my computer.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:38 AM   #4
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
I charge mine with 4 aa batteries in a small case with a wire connected to a PSP tip cost $3 in bits from maplin(uke electrics stor) Works great.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:20 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
http://www.gomadic.com/sony-reader-p...-extender.html

That will work well and you can get a variety of tips for other devices like your cell phone.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #6
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
http://www.gomadic.com/sony-reader-p...-extender.html

That will work well and you can get a variety of tips for other devices like your cell phone.
Just to be safe, I'd be sure to get the version with a PSP tip, and not mini-usb.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote