Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2008, 06:51 AM   #1
vasbinde
vasbinde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite / iPad 2 / Various Phones
libprs500 Issues Converting .LIT to .LRF - .LRF crashes everything

Hi there,

I am attempting to use libprs500 Version 0.4.35 on Windows Vista Ultimate. I am attempting to convert a .LIT file (downconverted using Convert Lit) to an LRF file to read on my Sony PRS 505.

Unfortunately, the resultant LRF file is corrupted in some way that it causes libprs500's own internal LRF viewer to crash at the 24% mark. It also causes the Reader itself to crash and reboot. Additionally, it causes the eBook Reader PC Software to Crash.

One final piece of information: when I attempt to load this LRF into BBEB Binder - it causes the following error:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.InvalidDataException: Unsupported object type: Canvas

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
Eric
vasbinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've used lit2lrf from 0.4.35 to conver MS Reader format to LRF and it works fine on XP Pro. The Libprs500 viewer does not crash at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
vasbinde

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've used lit2lrf from 0.4.35 to conver MS Reader format to LRF and it works fine on XP Pro. The Libprs500 viewer does not crash at all.
What was the specific command line syntax that you used to make that happen?
Old 02-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Code:
lit2lrf --wordspace=1 --base-font-size=0 --top-margin=0 --bottom-margin=0 --right-margin=0 --left-margin=0 "Fatal Revenant.lit"
That is the exact command I used for the latest conversion I've done. That is a LIT that I purchased and finally got around to converting.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
vasbinde

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Code:
lit2lrf --wordspace=1 --base-font-size=0 --top-margin=0 --bottom-margin=0 --right-margin=0 --left-margin=0 "Fatal Revenant.lit"
That is the exact command I used for the latest conversion I've done. That is a LIT that I purchased and finally got around to converting.
I tried this and the conversion again produced a file that causes the Sony PC program, etc. to crash. Again, the BBeb Binder program said, "Unsupported Object Type: canvas".

Any thoughts?
Advert
Old 02-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Send the file to Kovid.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasbinde View Post
I tried this and the conversion again produced a file that causes the Sony PC program, etc. to crash. Again, the BBeb Binder program said, "Unsupported Object Type: canvas".

Any thoughts?
Can you use ConvertLIT to exand this LIT into it's component parts? I've seen a few LIT files that would not explode. Something wrong in the LIT. Give it a go and see if it works.