Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #31
dicalp
Enthusiast
dicalp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G + Ads
Sorry guys. Have been busy for the past few weeks. Anyway my aim was to get help to get the 3G fixed. Considering that the 3G has been fixed and that amazon has released a new kindle paperweight, I have lost interest in pursuing what went wrong with the touch 3G.
Btw, what's wrong with dasmoover website? I cannot access it to get the rests of the forensic images. Is there any mirrors?
dicalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #32
dicalp
Enthusiast

Maybe I should give some status update on the last diff -burN I did many weeks back. Thanks for the command, I managed to found some obvious different between the two images. What I did is I replace the differences to make both images the same (copy and replace the file). Even with the two images having similar files, the Internet image still doesn't work for the 3G! I'm very surprise about this.

From some of your experts observation, yes. The images are the same but one works and the other doesn't. So there could be some other things that might be different. Some links between different partitions?! Anyway I stopped the analysis here. All the images I used are 5.1.2.

Last edited by dicalp; 09-07-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #33
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicalp View Post
Sorry guys. Have been busy for the past few weeks. Anyway my aim was to get help to get the 3G fixed. Considering that the 3G has been fixed and that amazon has released a new kindle paperweight, I have lost interest in pursuing what went wrong with the touch 3G.
Btw, what's wrong with dasmoover website? I cannot access it to get the rests of the forensic images. Is there any mirrors?
That is (or was) the price you where asked to pay for the help you received.
Provide information so that we could help others in the future.

What would you think of us if we took your position, "too busy to help" when you next had a question?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #34
dicalp
Enthusiast

Relax man. Everybody has different priorities at different time of their life. Interests can come back at later time.

It's really interesting to note that you guys are not just helping others to solve technology issues but also include phillosophical teachings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That is (or was) the price you where asked to pay for the help you received.
Provide information so that we could help others in the future.

What would you think of us if we took your position, "too busy to help" when you next had a question?

Last edited by dicalp; 09-08-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #35
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
well. good luck with everything anyways. as and when
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert