Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #31
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
You bought a new drive and probably someone installed it? (this is fine BTW)

Most laptop drive installations take removing a couple of screws and taking out one and putting in another. Not really scary.

Almost all laptop manuals provide step by step instructions

In your case you should have to remove the suggested screws/cover and give drive a little push.

Helen
With all power/battery removed of course
I bought the laptop from Best Buy (Dell) and had the Geek Squad install the new drive so hopefully it was done properly. However, I'll read the manual and figure out how to check it.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #32
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Dell are pretty easy usually (and yes I have done it myself)

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #33
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
I bought the laptop from Best Buy (Dell) and had the Geek Squad install the new drive so hopefully it was done properly. However, I'll read the manual and figure out how to check it.
Trust no one
The big guys are on the clock. If a screw goes missing, they can't take time to scrounge up another..."one will hold'er "
"
Google is your friend: "replace drive <your Model>"
(turns out my Newish Toshiba's drive is held in by the bay cover and 1 screw which implies the DRIVE SHAPE is critical)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote