Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Best way to remove 400 books from original Kobo

With the arrival of my new Touch my 14 year old daughter is now going to be the owner of my original Kobo.
I have my entire collection of 400 ebooks currently on the device and only about 30 or 40 of them are of interest to my daughter at this time.
Having taken a few hours to get about 250 books onto my Touch last night (I did it about 10 at a time due to the threads about problems side loading from Calibre) I really don't want to spend a lot of time deleting them 10 at a time.
I just tried removing about 50 and the poor little Kobo is stuck with one bar on the "Please wait while your Kobo eReader processes new content" screen.

Should I do a factory reset and then upgrade the firmware and load just the books she wants?
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
Should I do a factory reset and then upgrade the firmware and load just the books she wants?
I think that's what I would do. The poor little processor on the KO will take a long time deleting at the rate you're going.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post

Only the Touch deletes all the software when you do a factory reset so all the updates would still be there. You could also Use Calibre
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
thp1017
Connoisseur
thp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo, KT, KGlo, H2O, Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes101 View Post
Only the Touch deletes all the software when you do a factory reset so all the updates would still be there. You could also Use Calibre
Quicker than Calibre would be to just drop everything from the sqlite tables - there is a firefox plugin which will easily do this.

Or, you might grab a fresh copy of the database here (I assume it has all the preloaded files, though).

Either way, then you can move just the files you want back over, and have it re-process them.
thp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Thanks. After I posted I realised the the reset may or may not delete all my side loaded books so I perservered and removed them all via Calibre.
I actually left about 100 on the Kobo as I figured she is almost 15 and it's probably time to move to more mature literature! Ha ha - she can just ignore the stuff she isn't interested in. Or better yet she can learn how to manage it herself.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
I think it's a great idea to leave a few "seed" titles on there for when she gets interested! You never know when she might want to check one of them out.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
lynneo
lynneo began at the beginning.

Device: KoBo
I received my Kobo as a gift, I am not technicology minded (I'm 67yo) and with little or NO INSTRUCTIONS I don't know how to delete the books I have read.
Could someone help me with this problem Please.
Lynneo
lynneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:22 AM   #8
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynneo View Post
I received my Kobo as a gift, I am not technicology minded (I'm 67yo) and with little or NO INSTRUCTIONS I don't know how to delete the books I have read.
Could someone help me with this problem Please.
Lynneo
Assuming this is a Kobo Touch:

Push on "Home" on the home page.
Select "Library".
Find the book you want to delete.
(I find it easiest to have the view of five books to a page.)
At the right-hand side of the information on the book you will see a square made of four lines one below the other.
Push on this and it comes up with:
Read Now
Add to Shortlist
Table of Copntents
Mark as Finished
Delete

Push on Delete and when it queries this, just tell it to get on with it.

Hope that helps.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote