Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I don't think the job of Sigil is to fix BAD code, but to be a tool that allows you to get at the code to fix it.
Read message #6 of this thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Read message #6 of this thread.
I think the poster wanted to do this in WYSIWG(BV) without having to know code.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I think the poster wanted to do this in WYSIWG(BV) without having to know code.
Just to let the OP know, that won't work. You do need to get into the XML code and/or the CSS code.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #19
Jimbo724
Connoisseur
Jimbo724 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm on OS X, not XP or any other flavor of Windows.

Actually, Wolf, I work in wysiwyg mode to the maximum extent possible. I usually start by copying the bad html-coded source into a text editor like Text Wrangler, using search and replace (with nothing) to get rid of html code, using whatever utilities work to make the text easier to handle, and then copying and pasting the plain text back into a wysiwyg editor that handles all the code stuff in the background for me. So, no, I do not "need to get into the XML code and/or CSS code" except to delete it. This is how I have cleaned up some very rough books and made them a pleasure to read.

Wolf, I don't doubt that your code-oriented way is superior in all respects. I just don't have the geek knowledge of html, xml, css, etc. to follow your approach. Given my ignorance, the only approach I can follow is (1) to strip the code and (2) to edit the text in a wysiwyg editor that adds the code back to make the book look the way I want. I've had good results.

I mean, I'm not talking about complicated book formats. So far, I have reprocessed a few simple books like mysteries and thrillers, not academic treatises with diagrams, charts, mathematical formulas, or anything complicated like that.

Last edited by Jimbo724; 03-03-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Jimbo724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indent indentation