Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-20-2021, 03:35 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Calibre error message "No Space on Device" when trying to add to CC.

I load txt files on Calibre companion so I can easily see what books I have and don't have when my laptop is off, as I get books from all sorts of retailers.

I am getting the following message. My Ipad had 89.5GB free so its not my ipad that's out of space. Is there a limit on how many txt files can be stored? I have 6055 at the moment and wanted to add another 70 tonight.

Its the same problem on both my Ipad Air (2019) and my Ipad Mini 5. Calibre Companion is Version 2.0.15 (1)

The first error message is this, followed by a list of books not loaded.

calibre, version 5.17.0
ERROR: No space on device: <p>Cannot upload books to device there is no more free space available in main memory.</p>

This is the longer error message

calibre, version 5.17.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Device closed the network connection

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 649, in _call_client
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 616, in _send_byte_string
BrokenPipeError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 545, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 1436, in sync_booklists
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 660, in _call_client
calibre.devices.errors.ControlError: Device closed the network connection

Thanks

Last edited by Josieb1; 05-20-2021 at 03:40 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:47 PM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did a serach and found this solution from Chaley, which I tried. It didn't work.

I added an option (checkbox) to the calibre wireless device driver to ignore device free space when sending books. The option will be in the next calibre release, which I think will be 4.20.

To set the option, in calibre:

Go to calibre Preferences.
Click the "Plugins" icon in the "Advanced" section at the bottom of the screen
Type "SmartDevice" (without the quotes) in the search box then press Return. The "SmartDevice App Interface" plugin will be highlighted.
Click the "Customize plugin" button.
Check the "Ignore device free space" checkbox at the bottom of the configuration screen.
Press OK
Press the Apply button on the Plugins dialog.
Restart calibre

The error message after doing the above is now

calibre, version 5.17.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Device closed the network connection

File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 649, in _call_client
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 616, in _send_byte_string
BrokenPipeError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 545, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 1436, in sync_booklists
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 660, in _call_client
calibre.devices.errors.ControlError: Device closed the network connection
Advert
Old 05-21-2021, 04:38 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I’ve just spotted on other threads that Calibre Companion has been abandoned. I’m just glad I didn’t pay for it a second time.