Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-15-2019, 05:51 AM   #1
Delaware
Delaware began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Exclamation Calibre internal folder structure - folder names error

Hi everyone!

I have spent hours looking online, trying to find a solution to my problem... but so far, no luck. I hope someone can help me.

I have absolutely no idea how this has happened, but this is the problem:
I have about 1200 folders (out of 1350) in my Calibre internal folder structure with these kind of names:

Calibre Library deleted _avb9f

Is there a way to have Calibre fix this?
I don't want to change the structure or anything like that, I know that's not possible. I just want the folders to have the right names.

When I change the metadata on a book in one of those folders, the folder file name will be updated to the author's name. But doing this for 1200 folders is a bit time consuming. I hope there is an easier way to do this.

Thanks so much in advance!
Delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the search and replace tab of the bulk metadata edit dialog to first insert something into the book titles/authors and then remove it. You will simply need ot run it twice, over all books.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2019, 06:21 AM   #3
Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use the search and replace tab of the bulk metadata edit dialog to first insert something into the book titles/authors and then remove it. You will simply need ot run it twice, over all books.
That's so clever, thank you!

So it says I should search for something first to replace with.
Could that just be a random letter or a space?
Old 12-15-2019, 07:22 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you use regex mode, you can simply do this:

Search: .+
Replace: \1XXX

this will append XXX to all values.

But pls do take a backup of your library before doing this.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:26 AM   #5
Delaware

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you use regex mode, you can simply do this:

Search: .+
Replace: \1XXX

this will append XXX to all values.

But pls do take a backup of your library before doing this.
Thank you sooo much, this worked perfectly!
Advert