Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 05:14 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
PocketBook 360° firmware (an official statement)

PocketBook is very sorry that there are so many stability problems with the 360° firmware. It is very hard to find such bugs, as the programmers among you may very well know. Right now, our guys are trying their best to identify the problem and find a solution. We hope to provide a solution next week.

If this should not be possible, we have decided to build a new version of the software from scratch, this meaning that the new version 15.3 will not be based on the older version but build from the ground. We will try to make this new version available by beginning of July. Our sincerest apologies to everybody who has had problems with the firmware.

The software is VERY stable in both 301+ and 302 models, only the 360° version is afflicted with the aforementioned stability problems.

MTH

PR and Sales Manager PocketBook
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
Does this apply to 14.2 for PB 360 as well, since as you know I was having stability problems with that before I sent it back.
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmorrissey View Post
Does this apply to 14.2 for PB 360 as well, since as you know I was having stability problems with that before I sent it back.
No. 14.2 is also very stable, as you will see.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Hmpfh, then I must have a faulty device as well. Where do you send it back to - Pocketbook Germany?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #5
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
I would like to second the rock-solid stability of 14.2. It is more stable than my Kindle and in line with my old Sony 700 (which locked up once or twice in the year+ that I owned it).

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 05:38 AM   #6
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

@frankelens: Yes, Germany. I haven't heard back from them yet but I am hoping it will come back with that "rock-solid" 14.2 everybody else seems to have. I am curious about what the problem could have been to cause the spontaneous rebooting (return to "Bookland" start page) that I was experiencing.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Well, I had spontaneous rebooting even with the 14.2 firmware. If it's really all that solid, I'd suspect the hardware must be at fault in my case. Maybe I'll wait to see if that 15.3 really solves the problem, otherwise I might have to return it as well. (But first I need a backup device... :-)
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:17 AM   #8
mdmorrissey
Addict

I'll let you know what happens in my case. I sent it back 9 days ago.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:56 AM   #9
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
Well, I had spontaneous rebooting even with the 14.2 firmware. If it's really all that solid, I'd suspect the hardware must be at fault in my case. Maybe I'll wait to see if that 15.3 really solves the problem, otherwise I might have to return it as well. (But first I need a backup device... :-)
I experienced this, too, but I'd definitely say 14.2 is MUCH more stable than 15.1 and 15.2 so far. At least with 14.2 I was only experiencing freezing and crashes and it always came back to the right page after a reset.

I really hope it's not a hardware issue, I'd hate to have to send mine back.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
mdmorrissey
Addict

I got my 360 back today with 15.2 installed. They found no hardware defect. I hope the 15.2 works better than the 14.2 I had, although everybody here says it is worse.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #11
crangirl
Connoisseur
crangirl doesn't littercrangirl doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360
14.2 is working great for me. I'll wait untill 15.3 is finished before I'll upgrade.
crangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:32 AM   #12
mdmorrissey
Addict

I guess I'll have to try out 15.2, which is now installed, and hope it is an improvement, though from what I've read here it may be even less stable. If so I guess I'll have to downgrade again to 14.2 and wait for 15.3. It does not seem to be a hardware problem, according to PB.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #13
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangirl View Post
14.2 is working great for me. I'll wait untill 15.3 is finished before I'll upgrade.
Me too. I've never had a single crash with daily heavy use. Not only am I waiting for 15.3, but I'm waiting for those brave early adopters to give a few weeks of good reports too! I don't want to mess with my perfect reader.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #14
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
I have to say that I did not install the 15.2 nor the 15.1 because I have never get stuck with 14.2, which I have in my pb360 since I bought it.

I'll wait for this new firmware, as I'm more than pleased with the one I have now in my pb.
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote