Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Could someone tell me which formats are searchable on the Libre?

Thank you.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I'm not sure about Libre but you can use search in jetBook and jetbook-Lite for all available formats except of PDF and HTML: ePub, Mobi, PRC, RTF, .txt, .FB2.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
On my Libre I can search with Mobi, PRC, HTML, and txt. I cannot search with ePub or PDF.
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Thanks. I generally use ePub which I saw I could not search. That's fine for novels, but I will use Mobi for reference documents.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
doug38
doug38 began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco jetBook or Aluratek Libre
Libre: Search, Navigation, Line-spacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodPeople View Post
On my Libre I can search with Mobi, PRC, HTML, and txt. I cannot search with ePub or PDF.
I'm glad to know about the Searches one can do on the Libre. I might add that the Navigation arrows on right bottom only work on some file formats, I recall right, not on ePub or PDF, but on Mobi and txt. I've also noticed that the line-spacing on file formats differs, so that lines are closer together on PDFs and ePub (?) than they are on Mobi. (Or is there something else going on with line-spaciing?)
doug38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug38 View Post
I'm glad to know about the Searches one can do on the Libre. I might add that the Navigation arrows on right bottom only work on some file formats, I recall right, not on ePub or PDF, but on Mobi and txt. I've also noticed that the line-spacing on file formats differs, so that lines are closer together on PDFs and ePub (?) than they are on Mobi. (Or is there something else going on with line-spaciing?)
You are correct. I prefer the ePub format for its line spacing and readability. It's too bad that it doesn't support searching or page turns with the bottom right buttons. PDFs have even closer line spacing but there are always annoying gaps at the end of pages.
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote