Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 02:06 AM   #1
Dipaksomak
Enthusiast
Dipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
iliad v2, PRS-600 or Iriver Story

Irex iliad v2 or Iriver Story or PRS-600.
I like sharp screens. Not bothered about touch or wifi/3g or downloading from bookstores...PC will help with that.
Also want to use a lot of the content avialble currently on web, plus a lot of my non-manga comics.

What shall I get and look out for ? or am I comparing apples with pears ?

thanks
Dipaksomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:02 AM   #2
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
There's a bit of apples and pears. The basic difference between the Sony and the Iriver is the Iriver keyboard. You want one or you don't. If you're going to write lots of stuff, you need it; if not, not. They're as near as whatever the same price.

The Iliad has a bigger screen, which might be good for comics, but makes it bulkier.

It's a *lot* more expensive - about twice the price or more. And out of stock, so no instant gratification.

So - bigger and expensiver (a new word every day ) or littler and cheaper.

And if littler and cheaper, keyboard or not?
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 04:18 AM   #3
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick101 View Post
There's a bit of apples and pears. The basic difference between the Sony and the Iriver is the Iriver keyboard. You want one or you don't. If you're going to write lots of stuff, you need it; if not, not. They're as near as whatever the same price.

The Iliad has a bigger screen, which might be good for comics, but makes it bulkier.

It's a *lot* more expensive - about twice the price or more. And out of stock, so no instant gratification.

So - bigger and expensiver (a new word every day ) or littler and cheaper.

And if littler and cheaper, keyboard or not?
There's always the flea market for an Iliad - you can get one that's not "expensiver" (this word just works ) than other models new.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:01 AM   #4
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
There's always the flea market for an Iliad - you can get one that's not "expensiver" (this word just works ) than other models new.
Good point - I always forget about that. I must be too rich
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote