Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Does Calibre Support Kindle DX?

Does Calibre Support Kindle DX?

I have the K DX mounted (Mac OS 10.5.7), but it does not show up in Calibre 0.5.14 :-(
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
O.S.F
O.S.F is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2/DX
0.6 Beta has support, but you cant not send PDF directly to it.
O.S.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Sure you can, it's just not the default. Click the down-arrow next to the Send to Device button and you'll see options to send a specific format to the device.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Thanks! I'll grab 0.6....

How buggy is the mobi/prc conversion, though, compared to 0.5x?
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Depends on what you're converting from? I've got several LIT errors reported so far, and mostly they are errors that previous Calibre versions didn't have, so it's hit and miss right now.
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #6
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
The HTML to MOBI conversion is pretty buggy. THe older versions are far more reliable.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I also found several problems with subscriptions - that is, none of mine worked. I downgraded back to the current version. I don't pay for the New York Review of Books not to read it!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #8
sirbruce
Provocateur

You can't downgrade from 0.6 either, so I'd recommend waiting on the beta...
Old 06-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #9
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

I downgraded.. so far so good.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #10
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I read that you could not downgrade or run both versions at the same time because of compatibility issues. So far I have not found this to be true. I am running both beta .06 and the latest non-beta without a problem.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #11
sirbruce
Provocateur

I think it will work temporarily, but once you update your book database in 0.6, you will no longer be able to add books in 0.5. Conversion of books in 0.5 might still work, though.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #12
Gideon
Wearer of Pants

Just tried it. The man speaks the truth.

Dammit.

Oh well. Looks like I'm running Calibre on another system so I can get my subscriptions. argh.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #13
Stingo
Fanatic

What file needs to be restored so that I can go back to using the old program?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #14
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The metadata.db file is slightly different in format between the 0.6 beta releaase and the 0.5.x series.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #15
Stingo
Fanatic

So if I restore the METADATA.DB from before I installed .06 I should be ok????