Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
sweet noom
sweet noom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can i download kindle book samples to my computer ?

hi
i am out of whispernet coverge so i can't receive kindle samples
can i download book samples to my computer and then transfer it via USB ?
sweet noom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
AFAIK, no you can't.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet noom View Post
hi
Nope nope nope.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
hi
Welcome to MobileRead, sweet noom.

Keep asking questions, we'll keep answering.

Did you know you could read library books on your K?

click on the linky to find out how. (you don't need whispernet to do that.)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
hi
If you want to read a sample on your computer, you have to get it from somewhere else. Go to MobiPocket.com for books samples. DO NOT buy books from them for your Kindle because they have a different encryption that won't work on the Kindle. The samples are not encrypted so you can read them on your computer or your Kindle.

You will also need to download MobiPocket Reader to read the samples on your computer.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
ozma
ozma began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Oasis
Often the ebooks at http://www.ereader.com/ have excerpts that you can read at the site. Again, don't buy books for your Kindle from them, but usually if ereader.com carries a book it will be available from Amazon too.
ozma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
sweet noom
sweet noom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
thank you every one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
If you want to read a sample on your computer, you have to get it from somewhere else. Go to MobiPocket.com for books samples. DO NOT buy books from them for your Kindle because they have a different encryption that won't work on the Kindle. The samples are not encrypted so you can read them on your computer or your Kindle.

You will also need to download MobiPocket Reader to read the samples on your computer.
this is very useful advise
it solve my problem
i wonder way amazon don't make it this simple !

thanks very much
sweet noom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #8
ChaseKR
Connoisseur
ChaseKR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Touch, iPad 1 3G
You can't download them, but you can use the "Look inside" feature for many physical books sold on amazon.
ChaseKR is offline   Reply With Quote