Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-01-2016, 01:12 PM   #241
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
HarperCollins has a bunch of study Bibles on sale for $2.99-$3.99. There doesn't seem to be a theme as far as I can tell, but I'll probably get an email in a day or two letting me know what it is. If you're in the market, you might find a gem.

Christianbook
Kobo
Amazon
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:26 PM   #242
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
HarperCollins has a bunch of study Bibles on sale for $2.99-$3.99. There doesn't seem to be a theme as far as I can tell, but I'll probably get an email in a day or two letting me know what it is. If you're in the market, you might find a gem.

Christianbook
Kobo
Amazon
These publishers do love to promote their study Bibles.

I'm wondering why they would announce, to the general public, promotions, before letting their faithful followers on email know about them.

The only theme to their current sale that I can see is "there is nothing new under the sun." ha
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2016, 11:54 PM   #243
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Save at Least 89% on Norman Geisler's Big Book of Christian Apologetics. Wow!

UPDATE: In what is an unusual move by Amazon, in my experience with them, they have dropped the price of this ebook some more, to $1.99! That's $25 off of the digital list price, and a 93% drop from that price, now. The price at Christianbook.com, at this writing, remains $2.39.

I would categorize this book as an encyclopedia on apologetics.

You can get this book for only $2.39 at Christianbook. That makes a 91% markdown from the digital list price.

The Big Book of Christian Apologetics: An A to Z Guide (A to Z Guides). By Norman L. Geisler. Rated 4.7 stars, from 37 reviews, at the present moment at Amazon. Print list price $26.99; digital list price $26.99; Kindle price now $2.99. Baker Books, publisher. 674 pages. https://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Chri.../dp/B00SBXX3TI.

Book Description
Can you explain your faith?

In our pluralistic, post-Christian world, the need to be able to clearly and confidently explain why you believe what you believe has never been greater.

The Big Book of Christian Apologetics is a comprehensive resource designed to equip you with information to help you defend and explain your faith to anyone, anywhere. Examining nearly every key issue, person, and concept related to Christian apologetics, this helpful book

clarifies difficult biblical passages
clearly explains various philosophical systems and concepts
examines contemporary issues and challenges
offers classic apologetic arguments

It gives you the background you need to intelligently and persuasively talk about your Christian faith with skeptics and seekers in private or in the public square.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-09-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:47 PM   #244
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can download The Race for Faith by R. C. Sproul from a Brazilian website. Sproul's Ligonier Ministries emailed me the link, so I'm pretty sure it's legit.

Click here and give therm an email address. They'll email you links to the PDF, epub and mobi files.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:01 PM   #245
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

I think HarperCollins finally sent me the email for the NKJV study bibles that were on sale earlier in the month. Prices are good through August 30.

NKJV Study/Devo eBible Sale!

It includes two of my favorites, The Orthodox Study Bible and the NKJV Study Bible.
Advert
Old 08-29-2016, 11:27 PM   #246
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Book on the Danger to Children of the Supernatural/Paranormal in the Media. FREE!

I've always been a skeptic when it comes to things like this. But I always try to keep an open mind, though, too. With the author, Marcia Montenegro, being a former astrologer, she seems to have some credibility that might make that easier concerning the credibility of the premise of her book.

Sorry, but I just ran across this deal at the very end of the day today, which is the first of two days (August 29-30) that the book is supposed to be marked down to free. I hope that that won't keep anyone who would have liked to have gotten the book free from getting it free.

Spellbound: The Paranormal Seduction of Today's Kids. By Marcia Montenegro. Rated 4.4 stars, but from only 17 reviews at the present moment at Amazon; rated 4.08 (12) at the present moment at GoodReads. Print list price U/L (probably out of print); digital list price $13.99; Kindle price now $0.00. David C. Cook, publisher. 256 pages. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GOJ3UEO/.

Book Description
Our culture is saturated with the supernatural. TV shows such as Medium, Charmed, and Lost all have an "other-worldly" theme. Most of them blur the lines between good and evil. This past year was a "record" year for Hollywood in the production of films that dealt with the supernatural/paranormal. While we choose our entertainment, our kids don't often have the luxury of choosing whether to be exposed to these things at school.

This book seeks to present a lucid and comprehensive examination of the paranormal and occult by breaking down the principles of paranormal practices, giving key points about the practices so that parents can readily identify them. The book discusses the occult view of supernatural energy and of good and evil, and how these concepts are seen in some popular literature and movies. The book also explains the dangers and gives a biblical basis for concern. Christian parents need to be equipped to discuss these matters with their children!
Old 09-15-2016, 09:07 AM   #247
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

A bunch of HarperCollins study Bibles are on sale for $2.99-$4.99.

"Find the Right Study Bible For You" sale. According to the email, prices are good until September 20.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:52 PM   #248
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

The author of this book, William J. Bennett, was the Secretary of Education under Ronald Reagan.

Since then, he has written numerous books on a wide range of subjects. This one has been published just this year. I no knowledge of his ability as a historian, but I have no doubt (especially seeing the very high ratings of this book) that he does a more-than-competent job handling the subject of this book.

Bill Bennett is a Roman Catholic. It's very difficult (maybe impossible) for non-fiction authors to keep their own personal biases out of their writing. There may be a Roman Catholic bias in this tome (a Protestant author would be just as likely to do the same). However, since the book covers the first thousand years of the history of Christianity, the touchy subjects of the Inquisition, Reformation Movement, Roman Catholic opposition to science, etc. probably will not be addressed, at least in any depth. The publisher, Thomas Nelson, is a Protestant publisher and that seems to put their imprimatur and nihil obstat (so to speak) on the book.

This is a must-buy for me, especially with the book being currently marked down 80% from the digital list price.

Tried by Fire: The Story of Christianity's First Thousand Years. By William J. Bennett. Rated 4.6 stars from 98 reviews at the present moment, at Amazon. Print list price $32.99; digital list price $9.99; Kindle price now $1.99. Thomas Nelson, publisher. 480 pages. https://www.amazon.com/Tried-Fire-St.../dp/B010R53Y5A.

Book Description
Full of larger-than-life characters, stunning acts of bravery, and heart-rending sacrifice, Tried by Fire narrates the rise and expansion of Christianity from an obscure regional sect to the established faith of the world’s greatest empire with influence extending from India to Ireland, Scandinavia to Ethiopia, and all points in between. William J. Bennett explores the riveting lives of saints and sinners, paupers and kings, merchants and monks who together—and against all odds—changed the world forever. To tell their story, Bennett follows them through the controversies and trials of their time. Challenged by official persecution, heresy, and schism, they held steadfast to the truth of Christ. Strengthened by poets, preachers, and theologians, they advanced in devotion and love. In this moving and accessible narrative, Tried by Fire speaks across centuries to offer insight into the people and events that shaped the faith that continues to shape our lives today.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-18-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:48 AM   #249
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Things Not Seen by Jon Bloom is free from Crossway if you fill out a very short survey. After completion, you're redirected to a page with links to PDF, epub and mobi versions of the book.

The offer claims to be good through Wednesday, 9/21.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:42 PM   #250
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

FREE Introduction to Evangelical Ethics. Savings of $9.99 (the Digital List Price).

For some reason, Amazon does not show any ratings for the book, even though it was published 3 1/2 years ago. A lack of ratings would normally disqualify a book from consideration by me for posting. However, I'm setting aside that requirement since the book is free, and the author's other works at Amazon get good marks.

The publisher, Matthias Media is an Australian company, it appears. They slowly have been making inroads into the U.S. market. I, for one, am glad to see that because I've been seeing some good titles from them and, when they're marked down, it's often a lot.

This markdown is scheduled to end tomorrow, Sept. 27.

The How and Why of Love (Introduction to Evangelical Ethics). Not rated yet. By Michael Hill. Print list price N/A; digital list price $9.99; Kindle price $0.00. Matthias Media, publisher. 278 pages. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B975QJ8/.

Book Description
Is abortion ever right? Can divorced Christians remarry? What about euthanasia? In a whole range of issues, Christians search for the biblical answer.

But ethics is about far more than controversial issues and hard cases. It's about how we apply the teaching of the Bible to our lives each day as we wait for Christ's return; it's about our actions and our motives; it's about our character.

In this vibrant, stimulating and much-needed book, Michael Hill introduces us to an evangelical approach to ethics. Starting from creation, and taking us through the whole of biblical theology, the author develops a simple and yet comprehensive model of gospel-based ethics. In so doing, he provides us not just with solutions to difficult cases, but with an ethical framework we can bring to every aspect of our lives.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-27-2016 at 01:00 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:15 AM   #251
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

The Lowest-Priced Digital Study Bible that I've Ever Seen, Barring None!

Folks, there's 2336 pages of material here for just 99 cents!

This study Bible has been on sale before, but never (well, since at least April, 2011, which is the oldest date that I have data for) this low! I paid $2.99 for it two years ago.

NIV, Faith in Action Study Bible, eBook: Living God's Word in a Changing World (New International Version). By Zondervan; Terry C. Muck. Rated 4.5 stars, from 24 reviews at Amazon at the present moment. Print list price N/A; digital list price $14.99; Kindle price $0.99. Zondervan, publisher. 2336 pages. https://www.amazon.com/Faith-Action-...dp/B004VSJLF2/.

Book Description
The Faith in Action Study Bible provides you with a deeply rooted understanding of how Scripture applies to contemporary issues and personal growth. You will discover the relationship between history, culture, and the biblical narrative, and gain insight into the fact that God’s heart for our world that transcends times and customs. Designed in a highly readable passage-by-passage commentary style, the footnotes of this Bible are its centerpiece: “There and Then” notes shed light on the original context and significance of a passage, and “Here and Now” notes help you see the relevance of the passage for your life and the world. Also included are articles by respected Christian authors and “Snapshots” of individuals with a high-impact faith who have embraced Christianity not only as a view of life, but also a way of life. Over 175 charts, graphs, and tables highlight thought-provoking worldwide realities, helping you evaluate your spiritual life and suggesting action/impact steps to help you grow, share, and live your faith. With a 16-page full-color map section, this eBook has been optimized for reading on color screens, but will still function effectively on other devices. NIV ©2011. The New International Version (NIV) translation of the Bible is the world’s most popular modern-English Bible—easy to understand, yet rich with the detail found in the original languages.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:44 AM   #252
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Thanks for posting about the study bible. Very good deal
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:27 PM   #253
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

It was late in the day today (Monday) that I found these. The offer is good today and tomorrow (Tuesday).

Matthias Media has a series of 9 books/booklets that they're calling Little Black Books. They average probably about 55 pages in length. They are all written by Scott Petty. There are two that are free today and tomorrow:

Sex.

Jesus.

The other 7 books are 99 cents each. The price on those is supposed to be good through Oct. 7. If I have an opportunity, I will post them well before then, but I wanted to make sure to let you know about the two that are free, since the offer on them is good for only about one more day.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:34 PM   #254
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

I got two emails from Thomas Nelson that are apropos here.

The Pastor Appreciation Ebook Sale

A survey that takes longer than they suggest (7-10 minutes) if you read everything and thoughtfully answer the questions. At the end, you're given links to two PDF books:

Life Is _____. God's Illogical Love Will Change Your Existence by Judah Smith
Messy Beautiful Love: Hope And Redemption For Real-Life Marriages by Darlene Schacht
Old 10-07-2016, 03:15 PM   #255
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
I got two emails from Thomas Nelson that are apropos here.

The Pastor Appreciation Ebook Sale

A survey that takes longer than they suggest (7-10 minutes) if you read everything and thoughtfully answer the questions. At the end, you're given links to two PDF books:

Life Is _____. God's Illogical Love Will Change Your Existence by Judah Smith
Messy Beautiful Love: Hope And Redemption For Real-Life Marriages by Darlene Schacht
Thanks. Had missed the newsletter about the giveaways.

Are the books that they are giving away worth the trouble of taking the survey? Here are the ratings from Amazon on each:
Life Is_________. 4.7 (150).
Messy Beautiful Love. 4.8 (143)