Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 07:10 AM   #211
donald1
Enthusiast
donald1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
also my aura hd froze. only blinking of the led happens when trying to reset the device. but it stays stuck. looks very much like some of the posts described in this thread.
Can someone send me please the image of the sd card ?

thanks in advance.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:15 AM   #212
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 12-14-2016, 06:21 AM   #213
ben999
ben999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
David,
Coming back to share my experience...
Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem
At startup, Aura with old sd card flashed 8 or 9 times before shutting down on its own
At startup with new image (on a new sd card), Aura flashes forever until manually stopped (hammer???)
Both SD Card can be read/written with Linux or OSX
So the best way to fix this problem so far was to go back to the shop with a handfull of bucks... :/
Thanks a lot for your help David
Old 01-10-2017, 10:02 PM   #214
frontierboy
frontierboy began at the beginning.

Device: aura hd
Hi There,

I am hoping someone can also send me the sd image as my aura hd no longer loads.

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2017, 10:59 PM   #215
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Advert
Old 01-13-2017, 06:23 PM   #216
kristorrent
kristorrent began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD Kobo
Dear all,

Seems that my Aura HD is bricked since it no longer loads or establishing startup. Could someone please share a SD image of the Aura HD with me?
Many thanks!
Old 01-13-2017, 07:13 PM   #217
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:50 AM   #218
spes
spes began at the beginning.

Aura HD frozen

Hi,

My kobo is frozen on a screen with a picture asking to plug it in to the PC. But nothing occurs when I switch it on and off, and when I plug it, it does'nt appear on my computer. I tried a simple reset, a manual factory reset but it does not responds. This is not a problem of battery because I charged it all the night.

Davidfor, please, is it possible for you to send me the image?

Thank you, and good year to everybody!

Pierre (french guy, so, sorry if my english is strange :-) )
Old 01-15-2017, 05:44 AM   #219
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:30 AM   #220
spes
spes began at the beginning.

Thank you, my kobo is saved!

After the operation, I tried to run my reader before remounting the casing. I discovered that the touch of the screen was no more working. But it reworked once the casing was in place... I imagine that it comes from the IR technology used for the screen?!

To save the image on the microSD card, I only used the sofware indicated somwhere in the discussion about the memory update of the glo:
http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/download/

It is easy to use, and necessary, because the soft indicated in the original post is no more available.

Pierre
Old 01-19-2017, 08:20 AM   #221
godo
godo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Also caught in Boot Loop

Hi, all and especially davidfor

After al long Time doing a good job, my aura hd is although caught in a boot loop. No hard reset helps, so i want to rewrite the internal sd card. But i got no image for my device. Can you please help me with that?

Thanks,
Guido
Old 01-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #222
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

By "hard reset" do you mean a factory reset, or something else. If you haven't done a factory reset using the buttons, I would recommend doing so before opening the device.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:20 AM   #223
godo
godo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Thank You davidfor, it was not the first time you and your posts helped me.

I was playing a lot around with the Reset Hole and the Light and Power switch reset. You are right, after some hours the device managed to start a restoration, without opening.

Guido
Old 01-23-2017, 06:31 PM   #224
samirsa1962
samirsa1962 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Aura Hd
Do you have Kobo aura HD SD card image? Could you please send me a copy of the image? Many thanks in advance!!
Old 01-23-2017, 08:56 PM   #225
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread