Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellew View Post
I've just started using the clips dockable pane and I've found that when I try to paste a clip on the stylesheet nothing happens, although it works perfectly on the html files. Is this the expected behaviour?
That's not a big issue since pasting clips on the stylesheet via context menu or the clip bar behaves as expected.

Regarding the issue I posted on the previous beta thread, that sometimes the html tabs from the previously opened epub remained in the window when loading a new one, I must say it haven't happened again since I'm using the 0.6.0902 version.

I'm running windows 7 64 bits.
I have (and use) a whole series of CSS clips.
They work fine on XP SP3
Old 02-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #17
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Good to know - it works ok for me as well, and it should as its the same code to insert for all approaches.
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
If any Windows 64-bit users are feeling left out ... I finally managed to successfully compile a 64-bit release version of Qt 5.0.1 on Windows. So I built the 64-bit version of Sigil 0.6.902 using it. I can't guarantee it will work for anyone else, but it just might.

I can post a public link to Google Docs for downloading if no one (Mods, Sigil devs) has any objections?
Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #19
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
If any Windows 64-bit users are feeling left out ... I finally managed to successfully compile a 64-bit release version of Qt 5.0.1 on Windows. So I built the 64-bit version of Sigil 0.6.902 using it. I can't guarantee it will work for anyone else, but it just might.

I can post a public link to Google Docs for downloading if no one (Mods, Sigil devs) has any objections?
Please post the link as I'd love to have a copy. The decision not to make a 64 bit version has meant that I've refused to try the new beta's due to their lack of 64 bit support. It was the only think that made editing on my Atom-based PC worthwhile as the 32 bit one was way to sluggish. I do have a much more powerfull main PC but the box I use for ebook editing is normally the Atom one.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #20
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
The new feature »Spellcheck« is wunderful. I think it's better than the spellcheck in word. I'm very hooked. Thank you @ll for the great work.
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Please post the link as I'd love to have a copy.
I built it using Win7 x64, so I hope it works for you. Google docs will tell you the file is too large (30mb) for its virus software to automatically scan before downloading... just a heads up.

[Removed link until a fixed version is available]
Attempt 2

Let me know how it goes. Any crashes could very well be due to me doing something wrong while building, so I'm not sure I'd bring that sort of thing to the devs attention just yet. The build was pretty straightforward and uneventful, though.

EDIT: Removed link for now. It wasn't working as is.
EDIT2: Uploaded fixed(?) version/updated link.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-16-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #22
najgori
Klak
najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: many
@diapdealer
attempt2

no errors at start in this version.

Last edited by najgori; 02-16-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: 2nd 64bit version
Old 02-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Well that's odd.
That usually means something's trying to load a 64 bit DLL into a 32 bit process, or vice versa. I'll have to see if I missed a dependency somewhere.

EDIT: Removing for now. There is a weird missing dependency issue needing resolved.
EDIT2: Hopefully fixed. See new link in above post or use this one.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-16-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #24
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Please post the link as I'd love to have a copy. The decision not to make a 64 bit version has meant that I've refused to try the new beta's due to their lack of 64 bit support. It was the only think that made editing on my Atom-based PC worthwhile as the 32 bit one was way to sluggish. I do have a much more powerfull main PC but the box I use for ebook editing is normally the Atom one.
You do realize that a 32bit app can be installed and will run on 64 bit Windows, right? Even in 64 bit Windows you're still using a number of 32 bit apps. For example the default for IE is to run the 32 bit version...

So, why is a 64 bit build required? There is no discernible performance difference between the 32 and 64 bit version. There is nothing in Sigil that would take advantage of being a 64 bit vs 32 bit app.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #25
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes, on my two Windows 7-64 machines I see no speed difference between the older 32-bit version and the current 64-bit one.

Mind you, they're both powerful i7 computers. My globe-trotting publisher friend, who values portability over power, has to put up with rather slower response :-)
Old 02-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #26
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I'm fully aware that 32 bit apps can run on 64 bit Windows, but running on them on an Atom chip does provide a speed difference when I compare the two versions.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #27
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Thanks DiapDealer,

It works well here.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #28
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You know what I miss in the more recent iterations of Sigil?

I miss that pretty Ch symbol for splitting chapters! It is so immediately obvious that it deals with Chapters....
Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #29
sellew
Enthusiast
sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PRS-T2
@meme, yes, it's really weird. I have tested several books and the bug is consistent: clicking on a clip on the dockable pane has no effect when the focus is on the stylesheet while it works fine on the html files (the clip is pasted on the cursor location or selected text).
As I said it's not a big deal as the other methods of pasting clips work as expected.
If nobody else, running windows 7 64-bit, observes this same behaviour, then maybe it's something particular to my machine. When I will install the upcoming new 0.7 beta or final version, I will let you know if this bug remains.

@DiapDealer, I've tried your 64-bit build and it works fine. I haven't noticed any difference in performance compared to 32-bit; including the bug mentioned above.

Anyway, thanks to all the contributors to this great piece of software!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #30
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Moderator Notice
Closing due to beta being over with the 0.7.0 release.
Closed Thread