Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Air 4, iPad mini 5, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Nook ST Glowlight
Sony PRS-T1 Communication Error

I updated the PRS-T1 firmware to 1.0.02.10280 the other day and now Calibre (0.8.29) reports the following error on connection:

Quote:
calibre, version 0.8.29
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 81, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 332, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/prst1/driver.py", line 181, in books
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.2 and Calibre is working fine with my iPad, Nook STR and Sony PRS-350, so is this a problem with the driver vs the new firmware?

I've done a soft reset (no change) but I'm reluctant to format the internal memory in case I can't put the books back on it - it's a gift for my mum and it's got to be working this Saturday!

Thanks in advance,
Chris
chrisparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This happens from time to time because of the buggy firmware on the T1. Either format the internal memory or find and delete the books.db file in it (that is the corrupted database, which the reader should automatically rebuild)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2011, 04:57 AM   #3
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Air 4, iPad mini 5, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Nook ST Glowlight
Thanks Kovid, deleting the books.db on the device worked.
chrisparker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error communicating, prs-t1