Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 05:05 AM   #106
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
I use the Timbuk2 padded sleeve I got for my K3 keyboard (that did not keep my K3 from having its screen broken in my bag :-( ). Fits the fire and I have it.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #107
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I ended up returning the M-Edge Incline Jacket. When the Fire is in landscape mode the bottom edge of the case blocks access to the home bar a little. It wasn't a lot, but it was more than enough to annoy me, so it went back.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #108
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Totoro case

Okay I admit it, I am totally tempted to order this Totoro case!

I am not sure which case I am going with, I like the timbuk2 ones. I am not really wanting a leather case. I was wondering if a gel type skin would make holding it more comfortable.

I am very excited about getting my Fire!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #109
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Okay I admit it, I am totally tempted to order this Totoro case!

Amy
Cute! Great cases for iPhones there. I may have to order one of the owls for my daughter.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #110
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
I also went with the marware ceo one for 45$. I know it's getting reamed a bit on the amazon reviews but i been very happy with it. I like the horizontal viewing angle options, works great in bed for that as i been streaming some amazon prime videos as i fall asleep. Also, as others have stated, that holding strap on the back is just awesome. I been using that feature religiously. The clips it slips in to do cover up one of the speakers but i don't notice too much of a difference. The leather feel isn't nearly as nice as the official lighted touch cover i got for my touch, it's not nearly as sleek either but by in large, it is much, much more functional then it. I hate how not easy the touch is to remove from that cover.
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #111
Art's Tart
Art's Tart can name that song in three notesArt's Tart can name that song in three notesArt's Tart can name that song in three notesArt's Tart can name that song in three notesArt's Tart can name that song in three notesArt's Tart can name that song in three notesArt's Tart can name that song in three notesArt's Tart can name that song in three notesArt's Tart can name that song in three notesArt's Tart can name that song in three notesArt's Tart can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle 3G, Kindle Fire
I ordered the Vertecks leather sleeve that fits both the K3, KTouch and Kindle Fire. Total price was $13.98. It is quite well made and both my K3 and the Fire fit nicely. If you are in the market for a sleeve, I recommend this one.

I also bought the Bear Motion case for $18.99 total (72 hr. sale on Amazon) and it, too, is well made. It also comes with a soft slip case.

I'm more than happy with the quality and fit of both of these products. If you read the reviews for the Bear Motion case you'll see their customer service is top notch. I got an email from them (as one reviewer mentioned) prior to delivery.

I consider both great alternatives to the far more expensive cases Amazon has listed.
Art's Tart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #112
janiebegood
Enthusiast
janiebegood began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, K1 (RIP), K2, K3, and now Kindle Fire!

Sorry for the poor pic quality, but these are the Kindle sleeves I got from Rogue Theory at Etsy.com. They are padded fabric sleeves, very clean, simple, and elegant, and only $15 each. I can hold the sleeve upside down and the fit is snug enough that the device doesn't slide out, but it's not so tight that I can't remove the Kindle by holding the corner with one hand and pulling the Kindle out with the other.

I've had nothing but good experiences with this Etsy seller, and they have an excellent selection of unique, interesting fabrics to choose from.
janiebegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #113
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
cnet did a article on kindle fire cases today, a slideshow of 13-14 different models, they seemed very keen on something called the case mate venture
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...?tag=mncol;txt
I hope links are okay, apologize if not, just a link to the article
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #114
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I finally broke down and got a marware case, but what's the deal with the leather - it says :Eco leather" on the site but it doesn't feel like leather and it smells like paint thinner. Is "Eco leather" real leather or not?
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #115
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I finally broke down and got a marware case, but what's the deal with the leather - it says :Eco leather" on the site but it doesn't feel like leather and it smells like paint thinner. Is "Eco leather" real leather or not?
Strange... my Eco-Flip doesn't smell at all. It feels like leather to me I wonder if it's made out a different material.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #116
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I wrote to Marware and they responded pretty quickly - apparently it is real leather, and it just smells like glue for the first couple of days since it's packaged and shipped immediately.

I guess as long as it's real leather, I'll keep it at least so long as the return policy allows. If it breaks in nicely and ends up smelling like leather, I'll keep it permanently. It's not as nice as my M-Edge Go case, but M-Edge doesn't seem inclined to make that case for the Fire. Actually, most of the M-Edge cases are synthetic.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #117
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, I wrote to Marware and they responded pretty quickly - apparently it is real leather, and it just smells like glue for the first couple of days since it's packaged and shipped immediately.

I guess as long as it's real leather, I'll keep it at least so long as the return policy allows. If it breaks in nicely and ends up smelling like leather, I'll keep it permanently. It's not as nice as my M-Edge Go case, but M-Edge doesn't seem inclined to make that case for the Fire. Actually, most of the M-Edge cases are synthetic.
Which Case is this?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #118
weatherman
Addict

The Eco-Vue, in brown leather.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #119
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
...Actually, most of the M-Edge cases are synthetic.
The quality of their offering has greatly declined. I wish they kept their old lineup.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #120
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
The Eco-Vue, in brown leather.
Very nice. It looks to be same material as mine. Now I think of it mine had a faint smell but it's all gone now. I really like mine. I would get the same case if I ever get another 50% off coupon seeing they don't have the Eco-Flip for the Fire.