Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
DTY
DTY began at the beginning.

Device: Thinkpad X41 Tablet, Acer Iconia Tab A500Android Tablet
Fictionwise no longer supporting eBookwise?

Hello,
Came across something that seems odd. I was gathering information together to sell my eb-1150 and noticed there's no longer any information on the Fictionwise site regarding the eb-1150. I then went to the eBookwise site and went to my download library and came across this message. "Future purchases at Fictionwise will not be available for upload." I never really used the Ebookwise site, just made the multi-format purchase at FW and then uploaded the books at eB, but seems weird that a device I purchased less than a year ago is no longer supported on the site that sold the same to me.

Oh well.

DTY
DTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Considering Barnes and Noble bought Fictionwise a while back, I'm not that surprised they're killing off Fictionwise and Ebookwise. It's sad, Fictionwise was a great site before B&N killed it.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
When I first bought my eBookwise, my current library of multiformat books at Fictionwise were converted over the the eBookwise library. And it continued for maybe one or two months after. But after that, I was notified that Fictionwise wouldn't continue to convert them.

That was at least 2-3 years ago. I think they really just preferred eBookwise folks to purchase their books at that site, not Fictionwise.

That's not to say Fictionwise may be in the process of discontinuing the reader - I haven't seem much in the way of "mainstream publishers" on that site in a long time.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkml View Post
Considering Barnes and Noble bought Fictionwise a while back, I'm not that surprised they're killing off Fictionwise and Ebookwise. It's sad, Fictionwise was a great site before B&N killed it.
The Ebookwise site is also owned by Fictionwise and thus B&N. I would expect everything available on Fictionwise to be available on Ebookwise as well. I think only eBookwise can do DRM so it may not be much of a loss, except to download multiple formats.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
dbh1960
dbh1960 began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The Ebookwise site is also owned by Fictionwise and thus B&N. I would expect everything available on Fictionwise to be available on Ebookwise as well. I think only eBookwise can do DRM so it may not be much of a loss, except to download multiple formats.

Dale
I would expect the same, but it's not the case. Fictionwise has a much greater selection of titles than ebookwise. I've asked about this, but received a generic response. Much like the one I got today after noticing that many of the books I downloaded last month are already unavailable:
Hello,

Due to industry changes, our content suppliers are currently unable to offer certain titles from several large publishers. We are working with our content partners to resolve this.

Best Regards,

Ted
eBookwise Support Team
================================================== ==========
You wrote:
I just noticed that many of my favorite authors are no
longer available or the selection of titles for a
particular author is extremely limited. Even some books
that I purchased recently are no longer available. What's
going on?
dbh1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Basically the ebookwise site is dead along with fictionwise IMO. They were my favorite for many years. Now I"m buying from kobo and doing the ole' conversion.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote