Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2017, 11:49 AM   #1
Picoleh
Picoleh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Unhappy Aura HD turning pages alone!

I have had an annoying problem with my Kobo Aura HD. Pages automatically turn without touching the screen. Reboots and resets and the problem continued. I thought it was just the Nickel interface, so I installed Koreader and CoolReader. The Koreader worked fine, but crash in the last book I read on it, an don't open anymore. In CoolReader the problem of the pages passing continued.
I have several books downloaded on the internet, but the problem happened even when there were only books bought in the Kobo store.
Perhaps a problem with the touch screen?
(sorry for my poor english: Google translate from portuguese...)
Picoleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Have you tried to carefully clean out the edge where the screen and the bezel come together? Ideal way is with compressed air, but a slightly damp micro-fibre cloth can work too. If there is any small dust/particles built up in there it can interfere with the IR beams and cause page turns.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
At first, use a dry microfiber cloth and if you need to use a slightly damp microfiber cloth, only use water.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:45 PM   #4
Picoleh

That seems to be the problem! I'll do some more tests and see how it behaves. I never cared much about Kobo's hygiene !!
Old 01-15-2017, 02:27 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picoleh View Post
That seems to be the problem! I'll do some more tests and see how it behaves. I never cared much about Kobo's hygiene !!
Well it was either a dirty screen or your Kobo was reading the book too. My guess is the first.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:57 PM   #6
Picoleh

Thumbs up Fix!!

I initially used a piece of microfiber fabric, without much success. Then I used a moistened swab to reach the corners, drying with another dry swab. And it worked!
Many thanks for the help, guys !!
Old 01-15-2017, 08:00 PM   #7
Picoleh

I did not know my Kobo was literate! lol
Old 01-16-2017, 06:46 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picoleh View Post
I did not know my Kobo was literate! lol
It was trying to find the pictures.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote